AW2 - In stock! - Official BB.com Winter Clearance - Morn update 1/08

[quote name='Ledhed']Finally snagged a SoM. :wink:

Do you think it will become rare/valuable? :lol:[/quote]

probably, that's why I ordered 2 of them, and if not I'll give it to my little brother as a gift for some holiday/birthday/random occasion.

My copies of Burnout (GC) and Wreckless (GC) both arrived last night, in a thin-ass padded plastic envelope.

When I picked it up from in front of my door, I heard the dreaded "disc-loose-in-the-case" rattle. :shock:

Opening it up, I found that Burnout was the one loose in the case, which was the game out of the two I was actually keeping, as I tried to get them to cancel Wreckless right after the order. :twisted:

So, off to BB I went to return them both, and had BB.com customer service on the cellphone while I was there at BB. They're crediting back the shipping charges to me, and I reminded them how much better a box would be for the items, rather than an envelope.

Let's hope my copy of Sonic Battle (which has had 3 backorder emails in the last week) arrives in a box and undamaged.

*Finally* got in on SoM. I was actually playing Sonic Battle from this sale and decided to check the post, and owl had just updated it. *Finally.*

Shrike, it's probably going to come in a padded envelope. Mine did, and the box got all smooshed, but...eh, it was cheap and the game is fun.

Surprised they think it doesn't cause problems though.

[quote name='BlaseDeviant']Are these website sale prices generally good in stores?[/quote]

Yes if you find any of these games in store they should be the same price

Thanks for the updates somehow Resident Evil Dead Aim is still in stock as of 1:45 PM EST & I finnally got it after missing it cheap from Best Buy for months :)

I know it ain't suppose to be very good but I've been looking to get it cheap just because it's Resident Evil if for no other reason :D

Edit: Sword of Mana & Advance Wars 2 are also in stock at the moment

I just placed an order for RE: Dead Aim for $4.99. It's currently on backorder, but with the titles on the site going in and out of stock on a regular basis I figure I have a 50/50 chance of actually getting it.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']horses hate smushed boxes, hope I get some of my games in the mail tomorrow though[/quote]

Good luck, mine came crushed to hell.

All of five seconds later I was bitching to Best Buy's phoneline with no avail. They'll jsut accept a return in store. Anger ensues.

I think it's safe to assume that any GBA game box from BB that comes in a padded envelope will be smashed. My copy of Sonic Battle was. Maybe if enough people complain they'll actually learn not to ship flimsy cardboard boxes in padded envelopes.

Thanks for the daily updates. I picked up Resident Evil: Dead Aim - PlayStation 2 and Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure-Game Boy Advance
for some kids im working with.

[quote name='Josef']I think it's safe to assume that any GBA game box from BB that comes in a padded envelope will be smashed. My copy of Sonic Battle was. Maybe if enough people complain they'll actually learn not to ship flimsy cardboard boxes in padded envelopes.[/quote]

Most definitely. Every GBA game I've ordered from them has come crushed. I'd say your best bet is to buy a lot of shit at once - but then again, that's not always possible. :D

I'll never get SoM and AW2... It sucks! I don't get why you can't just back order it... They keep coming and going out of stock.

And they always get them in stock at like, 3:00 in the morning.

[quote name='siamesellama'][quote name='Josef']I think it's safe to assume that any GBA game box from BB that comes in a padded envelope will be smashed. My copy of Sonic Battle was. Maybe if enough people complain they'll actually learn not to ship flimsy cardboard boxes in padded envelopes.[/quote]

Most definitely. Every GBA game I've ordered from them has come crushed. I'd say your best bet is to buy a lot of shit at once - but then again, that's not always possible. :D[/quote]

That's so strange... Back when they had the first Kirby GBA game on sale a few months back, it arrived to me in a firm cardboard box-type thing. Maybe they've just gotten cheap. Shame on them.

[quote name='Sartori'][quote name='Zenithian Legend']horses hate smushed boxes, hope I get some of my games in the mail tomorrow though[/quote]

Good luck, mine came crushed to hell.

All of five seconds later I was bitching to Best Buy's phoneline with no avail. They'll jsut accept a return in store. Anger ensues.[/quote]

I must be a lucky horse, one of my three BB shipments arrived today in excellent condition. SoM was just fine. Now I've just got to hope the other two held up so well... :pray: fucked up part is I think the other envelopes are in my apt's manager's office, which of course was closed for Xmas Eve.

Finally got in on SoM. They appear to have restocked AW2 at most stores... damn I wish I was near a Bestbuy. Alas, vacationing in Hawaii.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']Picked Half Life 2 at Best Buy and was suprised when I got charged only 40 bucks when it was still marked as being $55. Go pick it up or order it from the website...
Half Life 2![/quote]

Well duh, it's on sale this week.. wrong thread.. it was posted in the BB salespaper ad :p

I wandered through this thread...is SoM's price B&M also. I noticed that the Advance Wars 2 price is same as online, but is SoM. I'd love to get it at 10.

Woot, I was FINALLY able to pick up a copy of Timesplitters 2. Plus you can now put in your Rewardzone card for online orders :) . Thanks a bunch, Guardian Owl.

Hmm, was at the Lawrence, KS store and there was a TON of excess inventory laying around, methinks something is afoot.

Also, to anyone that lives near the Lawrence store and didn't get it on the AW2 deal, they have a ton of them mixed in with other GBA games on the west wall, near the GBA games.

For CAGs in the Atlanta area, the Perimeter Mall BB location had at least 15 (I counted) copies of AW2 in perfect condition. There were 16 but I grabbed one. ;) I think I saw a couple SOM, too, though I wasn't looking real hard because I already have it. Many copies of Duel Masters as well, for those interested in that.

Wow, I had no idea the topic starter (guardian_owl) lived so close to me. It's nice to see other CAG's around the same area. KC one here (actually live in Tonganoxie) by the way. Anyway, thanks for the prices.

Oh, and the ton of excess inventory you saw at the Lawrence store, was it pretty much just the games stated at the beginning of this thread?

[quote name='rperez1025']Wow, I had no idea the topic starter (guardian_owl) lived so close to me. It's nice to see other CAG's around the same area. KC one here (actually live in Tonganoxie) by the way. Anyway, thanks for the prices.

Oh, and the ton of excess inventory you saw at the Lawrence store, was it pretty much just the games stated at the beginning of this thread?[/quote]
No, when I say excess, i mean excess. 4 flat shelves filled with GBA games sitting box to box. 3 of those grey moving carts completely filled with Ps2, xbx, Gcn. About 2 long, folding tables covered with games, 1 of the taller 4 sided carts filled, and a few stacks of games on the floor. In addition, all the normal racks were still still filled. It was a whole variety of games from newer releases to older titles. Though they still appeared to me marked at normal prices, no idea what they were in the system, they might be cheaper.

I went to the BB on Northern Blvd. this afternoon and they had two Advance Wars 2 in stock. I picked one up, so there is one left if anyone is interested.

[quote name='Wulfshake']My SoM came in today, padded envelope, but box wasn't crushed.[/quote]
Same here.

BTW SoM and Midnight Club are back.

[quote name='radjago'][quote name='Wulfshake']My SoM came in today, padded envelope, but box wasn't crushed.[/quote]
Same here.

BTW SoM and Midnight Club are back.[/quote]
updated

I think they added Beyond G&E for the GC today, because I don't recall seeing it there before. Kind of upsetting since I had to work and missed out on picking that up, but oh well.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I think they added Beyond G&E for the GC today, because I don't recall seeing it there before. Kind of upsetting since I had to work and missed out on picking that up, but oh well.[/quote]

If they added it today, they either added it already sold out, or after 5:30.

bread's done
Back