Awesome 24pk (CAG) DS card case $9.67 with 12% off coupon at PenguinUnited

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
UPDATE: CAG case now in-stock
Use coupon code: cagexclusive

For those of you who haven't visited, PenguinUnited carries some pretty spiffy accessories. Well, I assume they're spiffy, I've only ordered their 24 pk DS card pouch...

Fellow CAGer dyreschlock posted a nice review of the case with some good pics:
http://www.theschlock.com/blog/?p=123

And fellow CAGer Strell has nice things to say about it...
[quote name='Strell']Indeed. This thing works very nicely, I must say. I'd venture to say it holds them a little too snugly, but that's being overly picky.

The only complaint I have is that the back most page is oriented differently, but this is like complaining "the fourth apple I got had a stem on it, and the others didn't."

It really is a nice little case. Zips shut, holds 24 games in a small space, looks stylish, and has a cute little penguin logo that my gf likes. I might get 2 more at some point (yes, I am a nerd with that many games).

Anyway, really recommend it if you can pay a slight premium on something like a games case.[/quote]
I'm not sure what he's talking about the back page... both of the ones I ordered were fine.

Anywhoo, onto the deal. I finally broke down and ordered a pair of these the other day (after failing to find a coupon anywhere). Once I received them in the mail, I immedatly noticed that they were very high quality. I posted on another forum about them and shot an e-mail off to the nice folks at PenguinUnited.com thanking them for the awesome merchandise, mentioning my SPAM post and asking if they had a coupon code they'd like me to hand out as well.

They hooked me up with the coupon code: 'thankyoufrompenguin'. It gives you 12% off your order (pre-shipping). These cases are a deal at $10 and a steal at $8.80.

Thank you! I've been needing a good storage solution. I've got at least 40 DS games. I once designed a case that would hold like 50 GBA games, but I never bothered to produce it.

I ordered 2 cases, 1 of each color, with first-class mail:

Applicable Discounts: 12% off
Total Goods: 19.98
Shipping and Handling: 3.67
Total Discounts: 2.40
Grand Total: 21.25

Priority Mail shipping would have been only $1.50 more.

Yeah, I wouldn't bother with Priority Shipping. I got my two cases in less than a week... Very satisfied with the standard shipping.

I'm surprised nobody else went nuts for this. It looks to be the single best S game storage solution ever. Alas, CAGs don't own enough DS games to need one...

This is definitely the best carry case for DS games, bar none. It starts out a bit stiff, squeaky, and smelly, but any vinyl product just takes time to break in. It's functional, slim, and attractive -- I couldn't ask for more. And honestly, it's cheap enough even without the coupon, so this should convince anybody sitting on the fence.

[quote name='UncleBob']Just got a reply back, this coupon expires July 4th...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'll definately look at getting at least one closer to when the coupon expires. I'd get it now but I think I've spent too much because of CAG. :bow:

very nice, i've been looking for something like this for my 30+ DS games.
right now i have most of them just shoved into a digital camera case, making me dump the whole pile out to find a specific one

[quote name='Sway']Thanks for the info. I'll definately look at getting at least one closer to when the coupon expires. I'd get it now but I think I've spent too much because of CAG. :bow:[/QUOTE]

Gah... I know that feeling. Spent $300+ on DeepDiscount this month. :(

I guess there is no way to use the discount code with Paypal checkout. . .
EDIT: yes you can, just don't choose PayPal on the first checkout screen, you get a chance to choose it later after the discount code is entered.

That's awesome. I've been looking for something like that. I have that many DS games that I picked up 3 (too bad they don't have any grey left). Now I can give a bunch of these small three casers away.

Hi Guys, This is Richard over at Penguin United. First I like to thank everyone at CAG - over the past few days, our pouches have been selling really well. I talked to Uncle Bob about the shortage of grey pouches:

Believe it or not, these Pouches are items we custom made - we only made 200 units of them and over the past few days, its been almost sold out...(Only the Red ones are left, we have about 30 red ones left.

We are still deciding if we should continue this product...

We love it because we know there are no better alternatives out there. We designed the concept because we like to keep all of our games in a "library" like how we collect baseball cards(for example) However, it is hard for none hardcore gamers to realize the advantage of this item, and we cannot drive the price down without producing couple thousands of these.

It is a real challenge for us.. The pouches you got may just be a collector's edition : )

To add on to this email - We believe in the value of this product, but it is risky for us to produce more because it has been difficult for us to push volumn of these products to the distributors or retailers because most of these guys don't see the point of this product. The pouches has not been selling well prior to people posting about it i the gaming community. But for the past couple of days, it has been great. I think since it is new, people have to know about it for it to be successful.

So right now we are still not sure if we are going to keep this product... I wil keep everyone updated.

[quote name='wantfieldh']So right now we are still not sure if we are going to keep this product... I wil keep everyone updated.[/quote]
I hope you do keep making it! With some more advertisement this product can be a huge hit. I was going to order a couple of the gray ones but I came too late :(

[quote name='super_nerd']I hope you do keep making it! With some more advertisement this product can be a huge hit. I was going to order a couple of the gray ones but I came too late :([/quote]
Same here. Was about to buy a couple of the grey ones, and would certainly buy them if they were available. Or one grey, one red. Hopefully, they'll get more grey ones made shortly.

Awww dammit

I was just looking at my DS collection then found this after I blew all the $$$ I had :(

I REALLY hope they make more, I could use two of these

After browsing the store some more, they have a lot of cool stuff :D

I ordered a grey one on Sunday night, I'm going on a trip Saturday, so it's a desparate race against time across the country so I can store the majority of my 29 games safely.

I thought I had a healthy amount of games (the case for my system holds 5 DS games); I can't imagine having 70+ games and needing 3 cases!

Damn, I almost bought two of these yesterday (one for myself and one for a gift) but I hesitated to "think it over". Now I've missed out :(

Please do make more of them! There are so few good storage options for DS games.

Yeah, please keep making them! They look like the best DS Game cases ever.

I was planning on buying one as soon as I got my paycheck, heh. :(

[quote name='whoislain']Damn, I almost bought two of these yesterday (one for myself and one for a gift) but I hesitated to "think it over". Now I've missed out :(
[/QUOTE]

I also hesitated to "think it over" late last night as well, but luckily I unhesitated myself just in time to buy a red one before they were all gone!

No idea about the DS pouches (although they do look useful), but I would like to comment on my previous (first) purchase. I bought some Wii Component Cables from PU a few weeks ago. They work great. Love 'em. $8 before 12% coupon, very nice.

Funny how this shows up right as I was planning on going out tomorrow and picking up some of those 3 game cases. Now that I know there are much better options out there, I don't have any desire to get those cheap plastic things.

I sincerely hope that PU decides to make more of these; I know multiple people who are always on the lookout for a better way to carry DS games than pockets, 3 game cases, or dice cases.

Oh dang, was in the market for some new cases (was gonna pick up those 3-pack plastic 3x1 thingies) and after viewing this, I went ahead and purchased myself one of the red ones (now, after reading this thread, it makes sense why I couldn't find a grey one). That sucks how they're not contuing this, but, uh, thanks for the coupon!

Just ordered one. Crossing my fingers that they still actually have stock. Thanks for the heads-up and recommendations, everyone. Also nice to hear from the vendor excited about their success.

rawr. I waited too long to get mine. I never though a peripheral would sell out lol. I'd also get 2 grey ones if they came back. Red is too flashy for me ;P

I dont know why there would be hesitation to make more since there is obviously a market for them once people know they exist. I think they could easily sell another batch of 200+. A few hundred sold out in a few days thanks to 1 guy's review.

So i finally got mine in the mail today and I only have one complaint, which is kind of big. The zipper on mine seems to be very "loose" so to speak. So when i'm trying to zip it up i have to constantly pull the cloth behing the zipper so it will zip correctly, and even then it sometimes comes apart.

I don't know if this happens to everyone, but it's very annoying because i spend more time trying to close it than it takes to actually open it and pick a game.

This is one of those things that I wouldn't get just because it makes it all that much easier for someone to steal your entire collection if you were to ever take it out your house.

[quote name='outlawmoogle']This is one of those things that I wouldn't get just because it makes it all that much easier for someone to steal your entire collection if you were to ever take it out your house.[/quote]

Wear a fanny pack ^^''

j/k, but I never carry my games anywhere unless I know I'm going on a trip or I'll be somewhere waiting for awhile.

These cases would be very helpful, plus they remind me of those plastic holders for cards that you stick in a binder.

That's one thing I like about this pouch - It doesn't "advertise" that it's got Nintendo DS stuff in it by having a Nintendo logo on it or anything. To the untrained eye, seeing the case, one could easily mistake it for a day planner or such..

Dingleberry - I have two cases and haven't noticed any such problem with the zippers.... I'd contact their customer support - it sounds like you may have just gotten a dud. :(

bread's done
Back