Awesome 24pk (CAG) DS card case $9.67 with 12% off coupon at PenguinUnited

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
UPDATE: CAG case now in-stock
Use coupon code: cagexclusive

For those of you who haven't visited, PenguinUnited carries some pretty spiffy accessories. Well, I assume they're spiffy, I've only ordered their 24 pk DS card pouch...

Fellow CAGer dyreschlock posted a nice review of the case with some good pics:
http://www.theschlock.com/blog/?p=123

And fellow CAGer Strell has nice things to say about it...
[quote name='Strell']Indeed. This thing works very nicely, I must say. I'd venture to say it holds them a little too snugly, but that's being overly picky.

The only complaint I have is that the back most page is oriented differently, but this is like complaining "the fourth apple I got had a stem on it, and the others didn't."

It really is a nice little case. Zips shut, holds 24 games in a small space, looks stylish, and has a cute little penguin logo that my gf likes. I might get 2 more at some point (yes, I am a nerd with that many games).

Anyway, really recommend it if you can pay a slight premium on something like a games case.[/quote]
I'm not sure what he's talking about the back page... both of the ones I ordered were fine.

Anywhoo, onto the deal. I finally broke down and ordered a pair of these the other day (after failing to find a coupon anywhere). Once I received them in the mail, I immedatly noticed that they were very high quality. I posted on another forum about them and shot an e-mail off to the nice folks at PenguinUnited.com thanking them for the awesome merchandise, mentioning my SPAM post and asking if they had a coupon code they'd like me to hand out as well.

They hooked me up with the coupon code: 'thankyoufrompenguin'. It gives you 12% off your order (pre-shipping). These cases are a deal at $10 and a steal at $8.80.

[quote name='bmachine']I got one of these back in April and zipper is pooping out...the teeth don't line up anymore. I've emailed PU to excercise my warranty, but has anyone else had this experience with their case?[/quote]

So they're cheaply made? Can you post a picture of what you're talking about?

[quote name='BizzaroSephiroth']So they're cheaply made? Can you post a picture of what you're talking about?[/quote]

I'm certainly not going to invalidate bmachine's experience, but I've had my case since early April, too, and after regular everyday use I've had no problem with mine. So I wouldn't call the case cheaply made just yet.

[quote name='BizzaroSephiroth']So they're cheaply made?[/quote]

It's definitely not cheaply made...I suspect this is a manufacturing fluke. It just won't zip anymore past a certain point, about halfway around the case. If I try to force it the teeth of the zipper don't line up and it "unzips" itself. I'll work on a pic.

I did email Penguin about this on Monday and haven't heard back. I'll post more as my experience progresses.

I am not advising against getting one of these cases. I want this one replaced and two more!

Erm, I can vouch for bmachine's problem. Mine did the same thing - zipper went all wonky.

I gave the case to my gf - well informing her of the zipper problem - and she uses it. Her solution is going to be to get a button/snap comp and sew it into the case one day, so it will still close.

I don't think these cases are cheaply made at all, and I'd get more in a heartbeat.

My gf also mentioned that there's a chance you can get zippers repaired at places were they repair luggage. I've never heard of such establishments, so if anyone has some information on that, let me know.

[quote name='bmachine']Just got an email from PU this afternoon: they're sending me a replacement case.[/quote]

...and it arrived in the mail on Monday!

[quote name='bmachine']...and it arrived in the mail on Monday![/quote]

They're willing to send you out a replacement but they can't make just one more batch of them for retail? :cry:

[quote name='hootie']They're willing to send you out a replacement but they can't make just one more batch of them for retail? :cry:[/quote]

According to the email I received this morning they are about 2 weeks out of releasing them again. I cannot wait. I am in need of 2 of them

[quote name='blk00civicsi']According to the email I received this morning they are about 2 weeks out of releasing them again. I cannot wait. I am in need of 2 of them[/QUOTE]
Awesome, I cannot wait too! :)

[quote name='blk00civicsi']According to the email I received this morning they are about 2 weeks out of releasing them again. I cannot wait. I am in need of 2 of them[/quote]

Oh no...I'm going to Italy for 2 weeks starting August 13th....hopefully they'll be availible to order before then, so I can come home to a brand new DS case :)

hootie - if they're not up for order by the time you leave, perhaps I can order them for you and still have them shipped to your home and you could just pay me for them (or you could set up some kind of pre-paid credit card with enough on it and I could just submit the order for you or whatever).

We can work our the details if it gets around the 10th and they're not up for order yet.

I can't wait to see what the CAG exclusive one looks like. :)

[quote name='UncleBob']hootie - if they're not up for order by the time you leave, perhaps I can order them for you and still have them shipped to your home and you could just pay me for them (or you could set up some kind of pre-paid credit card with enough on it and I could just submit the order for you or whatever).

We can work our the details if it gets around the 10th and they're not up for order yet.

I can't wait to see what the CAG exclusive one looks like. :)[/quote]

Thanks for that, I'll contact you if they aren't availible by the 10th.

HEY GUYS... Sorry for the long long wait. We have finally able to produce these cases... and due to the fact tha we have to airship these over, the cost was higher, so we increased $1, hopefully that doesn't offend anyone. We are not here to make money really with this product, just want everyone to know about us! Thank you and enjoy. We also have a limited edition of the the pouch with CAG logo on there. We don't have a picture for it yet, we'll keep you updated on those pouch.

[quote name='wantfieldh']HEY GUYS... Sorry for the long long wait. We have finally able to produce these cases... and due to the fact tha we have to airship these over, the cost was higher, so we increased $1, hopefully that doesn't offend anyone. We are not here to make money really with this product, just want everyone to know about us! Thank you and enjoy. We also have a limited edition of the the pouch with CAG logo on there. We don't have a picture for it yet, we'll keep you updated on those pouch.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for keeping us updated.

[quote name='wantfieldh']HEY GUYS... Sorry for the long long wait. We have finally able to produce these cases... and due to the fact tha we have to airship these over, the cost was higher, so we increased $1, hopefully that doesn't offend anyone. We are not here to make money really with this product, just want everyone to know about us! Thank you and enjoy. We also have a limited edition of the the pouch with CAG logo on there. We don't have a picture for it yet, we'll keep you updated on those pouch.[/quote]

Sweetness. CAG case here I come :D

Little enlightenment on where you people are seeing 200 cases left, please? And what this 999 method is? I keep getting "out of stock" and can't find a way to get ahold of one. It's great that these cases are being reprinted and all, especially at what amounts to a great expense for Penguin, but that means nothing to me if I can't actually get one. I didn't show support for the reprint for nothing.

Please. I would very much like to get one of these.

Same here

[quote name='Pi573']Little enlightenment on where you people are seeing 200 cases left, please? And what this 999 method is? I keep getting "out of stock" and can't find a way to get ahold of one. It's great that these cases are being reprinted and all, especially at what amounts to a great expense for Penguin, but that means nothing to me if I can't actually get one. I didn't show support for the reprint for nothing.

Please. I would very much like to get one of these.[/quote]

mmm strange... I guess someone added EVERYTHING to the cart but didn't check out. Could you guys try again?

Richard

we have 250 of the normal grey ones and 250 of the CAG logoed grey ones. Again we didn't make too much. But I think next time we might depending on the responses.

RIchard

Got one. Thank you very much, Richard. Apologies for the frustration displayed in my earlier post; I've been following this ever since your news about the remake, and have been very pleased by the reviews I've heard. And thanks again for making these available once more.

Dammit, me too. There was no place to put in the coupon code when I was using Paypal checkout :( :( :( :( :( :( And the price I was given for shipping 1.98 increased to 2.xx -_-; Blagh.

Oh yeah.I had to pay tax also

[quote name='sailorchrono']Dammit, me too. There was no place to put in the coupon code when I was using Paypal checkout :( :( :( :( :( :( And the price I was given for shipping 1.98 increased to 2.xx -_-; Blagh.[/quote]

Sold out already? I click to add them to cart and it just tells me they are out of stock...so sad, I want to buy two and a ds sleeve....:cry:

Really shouldn't be out of stock.. someone probably added everything to the cart and didn't purchase.

This lowers the count..

Richard

Chill on the sold out. It keeps going out of stock because people keep adding the max number in their carts to check how many are left, then they forget to get them out of their cart.

bread's done
Back