Awesome Buy 1 Get 1 Free TV Sale at Deep Discount

Not aimed at you in particular, but why would anyone expect an internet retailer to offer B1G1 Free TVs?

I'm not sure any retailer (B&M included) has ever offered B1G1 TVs and, to my knowledge, DDD (well, DD now) has never sold TVs.

Not aimed at you in particular, but why would anyone expect an internet retailer to offer B1G1 Free TVs?

I'm not sure any retailer (B&M included) has ever offered B1G1 TVs and, to my knowledge, DDD (well, DD now) has never sold TVs.
Not to mention this is a Blu-ray & DVD Deals forum...

In for all 8 seasons of Weeds on Bluray for $47.35. Never ordered from Deep Discount... they ship very fast?
Sometimes they ship an item right away, other times it takes a while. In all cases they use USPS, so it takes anywhere from 3 days to a week from notification of shipment.

I'm not a huge fan of DD anymore either, and the  "sales" prices on their discs are usually more expensive than Amazon.  But this is actually a decent deal.  Got the latest Blu Ray seasons of Justified and Breaking Bad, each one $40 on Amazon, for $50 total here with the BOGO.  I really didn't need to be spending more money so soon after xmas, but couldn't resist.  Thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
According to a thread on Blu-Ray.com, Mad Men Season 6 on BD is $9.99 at Target due to a TPC (temporary price cut).

The real deal for BD titles is all seasons of Weeds, since they're at a good price anyway and the B1G1 makes it a better deal.

Some of the other items on there are laughable even with the B1G1, such as House Of Cards, which has been as cheap as $13-$20 in the last month+ between Amazon and Best Buy.

I'd do some checking before putting down money, since a number of those titles do get cheaper than you'd see with B1G1 if you wait it out.

I used DeepDiscount once to get Farscape Complete on DVD. =/ That is before I had it stolen. So, now I need to wait on a really good deal to buy Farscape to its entirety again. It was $60 for the whole DVD set at one point...it will get that low again. Until then, I wait.

You guys think it's worth buyin' Mad Men seasons 1-6 or should I hold out for other blu-ray sales throughout the year? I'm only hesistant since season 6 is pretty steep in price compared to the rest. I've been wantin' watch this show for the longest though. Only saw two eps and was hooked. $70 doesn't seem too bad.

Edit: Or maybe I can another show close to $15 and wait on season 6.

You guys think it's worth buyin' Mad Men seasons 1-6 or should I hold out for other blu-ray sales throughout the year? I'm only hesistant since season 6 is pretty steep in price compared to the rest. I've been wantin' watch this show for the longest though. Only saw two eps and was hooked. $70 doesn't seem too bad.

Mad Men is a niche show that did things really well. If you can get the whole Blu-Ray series for $70, I say go for it. Finding them new at that price'll take a while of waiting.

As stated earlier, Mad Men Season 6 is currently 9.99 at Target in-store. Seasons 1-5 are at a great price, since they typically only drop to around 9.99 each during the Nov-Dec holiday sales.

I'm not sure any retailer (B&M included) has ever offered B1G1 TVs and, to my knowledge, DDD (well, DD now) has never sold TVs.
Actually, I remember Best Buy a few years ago running a promo where they were giving away a 32" tv with purchase of larger sets. I think Paul's TV did a similar sale as well.

Just a heads up to you. DVDPlanet supposedly has NEW copies of Mad Men Seasons 1-5 on Blu-Ray for roughly $8 each. Order 1-5 for under $40 and get free shipping.

Just a heads up to you. DVDPlanet supposedly has NEW copies of Mad Men Seasons 1-5 on Blu-Ray for roughly $8 each. Order 1-5 for under $40 and get free shipping.
They've also got the Seasons 1-3 Collector's Set of Duck Dynasty for $22.89, which is even cheaper than the buy 2 get 1 free at BB right now. Picked that up along with the odd season of Mad Men I couldn't get on the BOGO. A Nurse Jackie puts me over the top into free shipping.

bjaigorgor said:
the title was misleading. i thought it was buy 1 television set get 1 television set free

You know, even though I had a feeling I knew what the OP was saying, in BJAIGORGOR's defense, I thought the SAME exact thing he did :)

Just to keep this on topic, I have not done business with DD in a VERY long time. Years ago I used to drop crazy amounts of money on that annual and sometimes bi annual 25% off sale, but their ridiculous prices and awful service turned me off from them years ago :(

Saw a few gems:

Justified Seasons 1-4 for $80-85

Mad Men Seasons 1-5 for $40-45

Hannibal Season 1 is $30-35, but is BOGO

:( No Sons of Anarchy on sale anywhere!

Update: On a whim, went onto eBay. Spent $90 to get Seasons 1-4 of Justified on DVD and Seasons 1-5 of Sons of Anarchy on DVD. Best deal I ever got for them.

Mad Men is still pretty cheap on DD/DVDPlanet.

Saw a few gems:

Justified Seasons 1-4 for $80-85

Mad Men Seasons 1-5 for $40-45

Hannibal Season 1 is $30-35, but is BOGO

:( No Sons of Anarchy on sale anywhere!

Update: On a whim, went onto eBay. Spent $90 to get Seasons 1-4 of Justified on DVD and Seasons 1-5 of Sons of Anarchy on DVD. Best deal I ever got for them.

Mad Men is still pretty cheap on DD/DVDPlanet.
Let's hope you don't get bootlegs from eBay.

Let's hope you don't get bootlegs from eBay.
I worried as much, but the sellers had non-stock photos up and the products were available in the US. And I can return them for money-back if anything is off, so rest assured I will inspect them thoroughly (slipcovers, shrinkwrap that looks folded or sealed at the spine, product stickers, and clear/concise UPCs).

Unless they're used or sold by someone just selling random stuff, I've never seen anything other than bootlegs come from eBay when it comes to TV on DVD.  Especially bundled seasons.  US Sellers who offer the same 10 brand new titles over and over are bootleggers.

TV on DVD is the new GBA/DS.

I once got Series 1-6 of Doctor Who on DVD for a little over $100. They were the actual legitimate US releases too.

Unless they're used or sold by someone just selling random stuff, I've never seen anything other than bootlegs come from eBay when it comes to TV on DVD. Especially bundled seasons. US Sellers who offer the same 10 brand new titles over and over are bootleggers.

TV on DVD is the new GBA/DS.
That's why I look to non-stock photos and personal inspection when the items arrive. Long as my checks seem to pass, it would be extremely hard to pull off a quality bootleg.

Admittedly, I did get a bootleg when I bought the Studio Ghibli collection in 2009. But considering the movies were still DVD quality and with both dubbed and subbed voice/sub work, I got a good deal for $40. And this was bought through a legitimate website, too.

Alright, my copies of Justified and Sons of Anarchy were full blown legit.

Also, I decided to cave and buy Mad Men Seasons 1-5 on Blu from DVDPlanet for

Alright, my copies of Justified and Sons of Anarchy were full blown legit.

Also, I decided to cave and buy Mad Men Seasons 1-5 on Blu from DVDPlanet for <$40. They were still on sale.
Finally got all six Mad Men seasons in the mail from DVDPlanet.

Was lookin' into Sons of Anarchy and that show looks tough. How is it? Is the whole series worth buyin' if I never seen it before? I heard that it's really good from co-workers and the net is mostly in favor of it, but I don't want to get caught up in the hype.

Finally got all six Mad Men seasons in the mail from DVDPlanet.

Was lookin' into Sons of Anarchy and that show looks tough. How is it? Is the whole series worth buyin' if I never seen it before? I heard that it's really good from co-workers and the net is mostly in favor of it, but I don't want to get caught up in the hype.
It's mature as anything. Profanity, sex, violence, sexual violence, drugs, guns...

For story, it's basically a motorcycle club situated out of California that has to deal with rival gangs, law enforcement, and daily dealings that keep their club afloat since they moonlight as gun runners. But every season has quite a bit of progression that builds upon one another...fall 2014 is the final season, and I can say that the whole thing is spectacular (it's essentially dealings, plots, and whatnot...if you're used to the whole 'plots within plots' mechanic...betrayals, double crosses, triple crosses, alliances, so on). This show, Justifed, Archer, Wilfred...they each have made F/X (which IS a Fox-owned channel) stand out. And I own three out of the four shows above, and will plan to get the fourth when it's over and done with.

Also...while it's another big notch in Ron Perlman and Katey Sagal's acting belts, it put Charlie Hunnam (aka Pacfic Rim, who also works again with Ron Perlman in this movie) on the map. Not to mention that this guy, along with Stephen Moyer in True Blood, and Andrew Lincoln in Walking Dead, all three of which have leading roles in these really popular American series...are all British and can hide their accents damned well!

TL;DR answer: If you love engaging stories on a very mature, gritty, modern level, yes. Yes, it is worth owning. BTW, who do you have for your avatar?

^ Props for the rundown. Really appreciate it. Definitely gonna pick up the series when there's a sale for all the seasons. Mad Men will hold me over for now though.

And Jaime Koeppe is the chick in my avatar.

^ Props for the rundown. Really appreciate it. Definitely gonna pick up the series when there's a sale for all the seasons. Mad Men will hold me over for now though.

And Jaime Koeppe is the chick in my avatar.
Well, if it helps...I just got Seasons 1-5 on DVD on eBay from a seller for about $45 (after auction). Another guy sold me Justified Seasons 1-4 for $45 as well on DVD> They are both legit and official packaging.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251431190772 This is the reseller. And he seems to have a few of these bundles to sell off. If you can get the seasons for under $50, then you've got a bargain.

bread's done
Back