Awesome Meijer Game Clearance YMMV ?

Bubbakja

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was in meijer and they had a few dump bins of clearanced video games for DS, PS3, PS2,360, PSP, and GBA.
some prices

Strangle hold -$30
C&C 3 : $22.50
Guitar Hero II - $25.00

PS3
Rainbow 6 - $30
Graw 2 - $30
DIRT - $30
Ninja Gaiden - $30

DS/GBA was all kiddie games so I didn't really make not of anything. They did have trauma center but I didn't check it. My buddy got some disney pricess game and dogz for $15

PSP
MGS ACiD 1 - $9
ACiD 2 - $7
Wipeout - $9
Tiger woods 07 $7.50
Liberty City stories $9

There were a TON of PSP games, prolyl double of any other system. There were additional 360 games and a few of the crappy Wii titles (ala Driver 3 / Chicken Little). Sorry I didn't write them all down, but defintiely worth checking out if you have a meijer in your area.

My local Meijer didn't have anything game related on clearance, and Meijer clearances are pretty YMMV.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Which Meijer is this?[/quote]
I would also like to know. I am really surprised that Strandlhold would be on clearance already.

Is it a large orange sticker (2" x 2") or a small (3/4" x 3/4") clearance sticker? Because the larger ones are manual markdowns by the store while the smaller ones are markdowns from corporate. Of course, even if they are the smaller, corporate markdowns it could still be markdown for a specific region.

P.S. I'll run the UPCs for the games tonight and find out if it is, in fact, a chainwide thing.

[quote name='monkeypox']yeah, this seems to be extremely YMMV. my guess is that store was trying to clear out space for the holidays.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, still might be worth checking out though.

No go at the Hurstbourne store in Louisville. I had to get other things, so checking was no big deal. :) A little disappointing though.

[quote name='valor19']Is it a large orange sticker (2" x 2") or a small (3/4" x 3/4") clearance sticker? Because the larger ones are manual markdowns by the store while the smaller ones are markdowns from corporate. Of course, even if they are the smaller, corporate markdowns it could still be markdown for a specific region.

P.S. I'll run the UPCs for the games tonight and find out if it is, in fact, a chainwide thing.[/quote]

I apologize then, because they were all large stickers. I will take note of that for future reference. Sorry I forgot to put I am from Bloomington, IL.

Why would they already have Stranglehold on clearance? They've probably only had it in the store for four or five days.

[quote name='Cow_tipper']Why would they already have Stranglehold on clearance? They've probably only had it in the store for four or five days.[/quote]

It has been out since August and they prolly have a lot of copies still.

[quote name='mvp828']It has been out since August and they prolly have a lot of copies still.[/quote]

360 one yes, PS3 one no, it was delayed.

Hmm might hit up the Bloomington Meijer tomorrow now, hopefully I can find some games I might want. Thanks OP for letting us know

[quote name='georox']360 one yes, PS3 one no, it was delayed.[/quote]

No PS3 markdown mentioned in the thread.

[quote name='mvp828']No PS3 markdown mentioned in the thread.[/quote]

All the ps3 games were explicitly listed, there were only 4, there were a bunch of 360 games.

[quote name='mvp828']It has been out since August and they prolly have a lot of copies still.[/quote]

It actually came out in early September. Either way, 50% off a big deal. Shame there's no Meijer anywhere near my U.S. friends...never even seen one.

I was just at a Meijer yesterday and noticed no clearance of the kind. Darnit, though! I would've pick up Ninja Gaiden Sigma if there were.

[quote name='Bubbakja']I apologize then, because they were all large stickers. I will take note of that for future reference. Sorry I forgot to put I am from Bloomington, IL.[/QUOTE]

He already said they were the large orange stickers that stores use to do manual markdowns. So, unless you are shopping at that specific store, you will not find these deals.

bread's done
Back