AZTAKA & MINER WARS : PAY WHAT YOU WANT (+ Music Bundle)

volt1up

CAGiversary!
Feedback
214 (100%)
via Joystiq but I didnt see it posted.
The Giving Game + Music Bundle is an exclusive YAWMA Pay What You Want promotion,
combining a killer Indie Game and a great Indie Album, all in support of musicians,
game developers and charity.

http://groupees.yawma.net/gr8

Day 7
AZTAKA & MINER WARS: 2081
Aztaka is an indie throwback to the good old side-scrolling action RPG genre. Miner Wars is a 6DOF underground and space shooter played in a fully destructible environment and is a combination of single player story game and MMO. Miner Wars is a pre-Alpha release--you'll get the full version when it's released Summer 2011. Aztaka and Miner Wars are both PC Only.

You can also gift copies and links are valid indefinitely (according to their support person)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='rayne117']If you are going to download for free, just pirate it. Then, if you like it, give some money to the devs. At least you won't be taking up their bandwidth.[/QUOTE]

Please don't pirate it. Bandwidth is cheap. The market research of how many people download the game for free is worth more to them than the cost of the bandwidth. If you download from them, that shows interest in their product. If you pirate it, then you're just increase the number of people pirating games, and that feeds draconian DRM.

I bought Multiwinia downloaded it and they e-mailed me an activation code, I haven't installed the game yet so I dont know if you need the code to install the game or if it is for something else entirely

I gave them $1 for Multiwinia ( don't care about music ) i would do more but with christmas coming money is tight.

will look at the next deal and see if i can find a few bucks then

Today's deal looks pretty sweet, 2 albums (The Balconies, Clothes Make The Man) and 2 games Aztaka, Miner Wars:2081 plus the soundtracks for both games :applause:

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Today's deal looks pretty sweet, 2 albums (The Balconies, Clothes Make The Man) and 2 games Aztaka, Miner Wars:2081 plus the soundtracks for both games :applause:[/QUOTE]

Wont let me purchase this one just takes me right back to the bundle page. Anyone else having problems?

Works now

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, I managed to get the last two bundles but was too late for the other ones, really wanted to listen to albums and play those games, especially Feed The Animals/Beat Hazard! Daang!

I've never liked the idea of letting a person decide where my money is spent regarding charity. On top of that, I prefer to donate my time and money to local animal shelters. You know, since it's not really possible for Mr. Snuggles to get back on his paws and get a job.

Saying that, whenever there is a PWYW system in place, I like for the devs to get my entire donation, if possible. Take this humble bundle sale, I was able to customize my payment so that 100% went straight to the devs. I am joyed seeing how well the PWYW system works and that we all can really get behind these indie guys.

And Drclaw, I see nothing wrong with what you are doing. I look at it as a demo, and if you like it, I'm sure you give what ever you think it deserves.

Wow, saw this thread almost a week ago and didn't even notice the "Miner Wars" in the title, still didn't until I clicked the thread to see what it was about. I was mildly interested in that game, guess I'll give a few bucks to this and see how it is.

^HIB definitely has a better system in place, but to my knowledge this is the first time these guys are doing this, and are obviously working out some kinks.

Tried downloading the AZTAKA & MINER WARS pack twice. Each time I get an error when trying to run AZTAKA's setup program, saying the file was corrupted.

"Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy" :(

[quote name='darknight88']WTF this file is DL sooooooooo slooooooooowww!

2 more hours?![/QUOTE]

I am seeing the same thing here. Going to wait until later tonight and try again.

[quote name='Jut']It's not even the entire album of Clothes Make The Man.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? Their latest release was a 4 song EP, which is what this is. I don't think they have a full album with these songs out yet.

[quote name='Vamatt99218']Download took forever and was corrupted twice![/QUOTE]

Ok, so it's not just me.

While I admire what PWYW is trying to do, delivering broken software doesn't make me want to donate again.

bread's done
Back