Azurite Blue PS3 Available @ GameStop In October - $249 - 250GB - Pre-Order Available

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
Twitter:

PlayStation ‏@PlayStation
New Azurite Blue PS3 announced, available at @GameStop this October for $249: http://twitpic.com/dagb21

No info on the harddrive.

Actually:
It will come with the 250gb hard drive.
photo.jpg

Edit:

Ooooooooo........ I see there was a Slim Blue PS3:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/245738-gt-5-titanium-blue-limited-editon-ps3-49924-shipped

http://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A0oG7pUN6htS.h4AQREPxQt.?p=Titanium+Blue+Limited+Editon+PS3&fr=&fr2=piv-web&hspart=Babylon&hsimp=yhs-002&type=br101dm25

Last edited by a moderator:
That's actually a really nice looking shade of blue. I just wish Sony would release a CLEAR case PS3 already. I want to see the disc spinning in the tray hypnotically while I play a game. Maybe it's just me though....

And wtf is with the price STILL being $250? I would've thought with the PS4 coming out later this fall they would've dropped the PS3 to at least $200 by now(without taking out the regular HDD aka the 12gb version) to further spur sales for soccer moms who can't afford a PS4 for the kiddies.

It's not when you have a double digit backlog.

as cool as this is, the GTA bundle is such a better deal. $20 more and you get double the HDD (250-500) and GTAV. The blue looks really good though. 

No reason to drop $250 for PS3.  Why not save extra $150 for PS4 :) lol   Just waits till black friday for better deal on PS3 bundles $150 - $199.99 :)

as cool as this is, the GTA bundle is such a better deal. $20 more and you get double the HDD (250-500) and GTAV. The blue looks really good though.
i wish it was a GTA V themed system and not the reg black one

That's actually a really nice looking shade of blue. I just wish Sony would release a CLEAR case PS3 already. I want to see the disc spinning in the tray hypnotically while I play a game. Maybe it's just me though....

And wtf is with the price STILL being $250? I would've thought with the PS4 coming out later this fall they would've dropped the PS3 to at least $200 by now(without taking out the regular HDD aka the 12gb version) to further spur sales for soccer moms who can't afford a PS4 for the kiddies.
well its a 250 gig ps3, an xbox with a 250 gig is 299.99. so still a good deal esp with the blu ray player being on board. they have a 199 ps3, the 12 gb ssd one. no transparent, but definitely the ugly ridges need to go.

That'd be sweet if it dropped to $200 before it disappeared, then I'd pick it up.

I just wish there was something else going on in this package, I had a sort of a wet dream that GT6 and GT5 would be included as a holiday bundle this year, like they did with God of War and the red console. It would've looked in line with the cover art too imo.
51ymBnV%2BbsL._SY300_.jpg

Got to learn to lower my expectations.

No info on the hard drives? Stock PS3 HDDs are usually seagate, and hitachis.

Are there any other default brands among stock PS3 HDDs?

Uk has had this with 2 controllers and 500gb hdd for around £199. Can purchase it off amazon.co.uk for $320ish with shipping. Blu Rays are region free so no worry about pal/ntsc u restrictions

Uk has had this with 2 controllers and 500gb hdd for around £199. Can purchase it off amazon.co.uk for $320ish with shipping. Blu Rays are region free so no worry about pal/ntsc u restrictions
Incorrect, the ps3 is a region free Blu-ray player, however Blu-rays in and of themselves do have region codes (A, B, and C) as well as region free.

Incorrect, the ps3 is a region free Blu-ray player, however Blu-rays in and of themselves do have region codes (A, B, and C) as well as region free.
right but, name one blu Ray disc that is not set as region free. I've ripped numerous blu Rays and none have been locked. Region locking is different then regional standards such as pal ntsc secam. Furthermore my post implied one could import a uk model ps3 and continue playing local titles which is true. So if you really want to argue semantics let's dance.

right but, name one blu Ray disc that is not set as region free. I've ripped numerous blu Rays and none have been locked. Region locking is different then regional standards such as pal ntsc secam. Furthermore my post implied one could import a uk model ps3 and continue playing local titles which is true. So if you really want to argue semantics let's dance.
UK release of Professor Layton movie is region lock. There are quit a bit of locked movies.

http://www.amazon.com/Expendables-Blu-ray-SteelBook-Region-Locked/dp/B0078WAB3E

http://www.amazon.com/movies-tv/dp/B0065FVV9I

NTSC/PAL convertion and region lock are 2 different things. For example US and Japan are both NTSC but could still be block base on region.

UK release of Professor Layton movie is region lock. There are quit a bit of locked movies.

http://www.amazon.com/Expendables-Blu-ray-SteelBook-Region-Locked/dp/B0078WAB3E

http://www.amazon.com/movies-tv/dp/B0065FVV9I

NTSC/PAL convertion and region lock are 2 different things. For example US and Japan are both NTSC but could still be block base on region.
I know there's a huge difference. Region locking on Blu Ray is for geographical containment of promotions and especially in the case of region 3 piracy. whereas pal, ntsc is limited by playback standards where format is different from one location to the next. It's a curse of analog broadcasting standards that tuners were set to Ave carried over to home media. Correct me if I'm wrong but sony wanted to drop the format differences with Blu Ray to create a single digital standard. Hence Ps3 is a non region locked player. So rf a/1 b/2 or c/3 would give playback. Maybe I'm wrong on the movie portion but as for games I'm pretty positive its not set region locked.

I'm tempted by this one since I don't plan on getting a ps4 anytime soon. I will probably wait for the 1st revision of the ps4. It just sucks that it's $250. If it were $199 I would pre-order. The only thing that makes me want to pre-order is that it's a GameStop exclusive available only for a "limited time."

kygad, on 30 Aug 2013 - 1:17 PM, said:Uk has had this with 2 controllers and 500gb hdd for around £199. Can purchase it off amazon.co.uk for $320ish with shipping. Blu Rays are region free so no worry about pal/ntsc u restrictions
Thanks for the tip, I'll wait until it drops to £199 to pick it up. Even at the current £234(close enough to GS' price), you get another 250gb and another controller.

Downton Abbey Season 3 and many of the more recent BBC video Blu Ray releases. Not only are they region locked, but some of them have a frame rate setting that won't output properly on region free Blu Ray players connected to a US HDTV. .

Licensed and catalog blu-rays tend to be region locked because the deals are only signed for one region. As a result there are many blu-ray movies that are region locked, such as every single Criterion collection, Olive Films, Shout Factory... and on the UK side most of the BFI, Arrow, Eureka, Studio Canal are locked to their region.

The big studios; WB, FOX, Universal, Sony, etc tend to be more region free when releasing their own movies to blu-ray. But even they every once in awhile have region locked discs for no particular reason.

I know there's a huge difference. Region locking on Blu Ray is for geographical containment of promotions and especially in the case of region 3 piracy. whereas pal, ntsc is limited by playback standards where format is different from one location to the next. It's a curse of analog broadcasting standards that tuners were set to Ave carried over to home media. Correct me if I'm wrong but sony wanted to drop the format differences with Blu Ray to create a single digital standard. Hence Ps3 is a non region locked player. So rf a/1 b/2 or c/3 would give playback. Maybe I'm wrong on the movie portion but as for games I'm pretty positive its not set region locked.
Yes, PS3 games are basically 100% region free (only one or two exceptions that ARE region locked I think). But you are very wrong on movies.

This probably isn't a 100% complete or accurate list, but blu-ray.com suggests there are at least 1971 region A locked titles on blu-ray that would not be playable on a UK blu-ray player or PS3. http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/search.php?action=search&regioncoding=lockeda&sortby=popularity

bread's done
Back