b b b battlefield... i'm throwing a grenade :)

mastagoalie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I was so excited about this game, seriously. I was fairly well addicted to battlefield bad company 2 and was looking forward to battlefield 3, seriously!

After seeing countless videos I was geeked to play the beta on the ps3 and pc. Enter the downloading of the pc and ps3 versions of the beta. I got to play like one death (and it came quick) before I went to work, I was amazed how good it looked and went to work happy. So I get home that night and I played to rush rounds and I learned one really important thing, call of duty lives in battlefield 3 hard. I am still confounded by how many people were laying all over the ground everywhere I went, just waiting for some unsuspecting soul to come by. Am I crazy or is that called camping? Seriously, lying next to a train car, lying on the ground next to the arming boxes, on the rock, in the grass, and just everywhere.

This can't be right, I thought battlefield players played battlefield cuz it wasn't call of duty. There was strategy and making a push in a base, slaughtering everyone with your squad and setting of the crate, taking the flag or whatever and trying to stop the in coming forces from canceling the whatever. I know it was the beta (which was either 3 or 5 months old), but damn man. It truly disappoints me to the highest degree that all this crawling around is there, I understand strategy. That's not strategy, it's camping in a bush cuz you would get murdered if you were seen. Am I crazy to say this (i know I am not, but I am a lil crazy)? I also read recently that one of the directors of bf:bc2 can't even put the game in his (xbox,ps3,pc) anymore cuz it pains him to know he helped make the game. Seriously, if that's the way he feels... what will he think in a year about battlefield 3? I can't see this ending good.

Again, I am not ripping on the game, I am buying it opening night at gamestop to get all the free stuff they are giving away with the game. But seriously, wtf? Where did battlefield go?

The so-called "Beta" was the worst possible thing that EA could have done for BF3. It was a shameless attempt to lure COD players over to BF on console. I played for a few hours on PS3 and was not feeling it at ALL. I then youtubed the Caspian Border gameplay footage on PC and was very happy with how it looked. It was much more "Battlefield" with vehicles and huge maps. Read this ARTICLE - it pretty much sums up how I feel and it should renew your faith in the series.

bread's done
Back