B&M Deal/Sale of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Circuit City Blow Out, definitely, loved all the games I got. Second would be the EB Games 75 (85 with Edge card) percent off PC games, got a great haul for less than 10 dollars, including Syberia! :D

hands down, 75% off PC games 14.99 or lower at EB. Managed to pick up maybe 2 dozen games i wouldn't have otherwise bought, and enjoyed (MOHAA,TW2004,JediOutcast,C&CGenerals,GrimFandango, etc among many others)

gavv

The EB sale for me since with the Edge card, it was just insanely cheap. The CC sales while great, I was out of luck getting all the really 'hot' titles and mainly got second tier... :(

The TRU clearance sale and $10 off coupon was great, but its slim number of clearance games simply couldn't compete with the volume and variety of $5 games at Circuit City, especially if you got in on it early enough to truly take advantage of it.

A lot of CC $5 sale. I wonder if the anonymous votes will put the screwup in the lead, as some are ashamed of it.
Personally I got 10 games from it.

ebgames- I bought like 15 kick ass games, including return to wolfenstein, soldier of fortune 2, jedi knight 2, max payne 2, etc for like $25. Sure $5 console games is great, but this $25 expenditure will last me months.

I vote for the TRU green tag sale. I went the other day to see what they had left. I bought three Sega Sports games for $0.90. They were shrink wrapped together and the casheir took 70% off the green tag. I also bought several games when the sale first started.

The Circuit City thing pissed me off. They screwed up the date of the markdowns, and that was a time where I couldn't leave the house because I was watching after my brother and sister while my mom was in Vegas, so I totally missed out the first time around. When the other clearance came around, I did find a few $5 refugees, and picked up some $10 games. The Best Buy one came by suprise, and I was actually in the store that day not knowing there was a clearance going on. To my luck, though, I did pick up two $5 games. Of course, it seemed like there were hardly any of the markdown games at both Best Buy and Circuit City stores near me anyway, as the selection really doesn't compare to how some members here say what those stores have in stock.

The CC Screw Up! I got 14 games for $70. Most of those games were in the $20 range. Good stuff.

Voted TRU/Coupon.
I only got a few games from the July CC deal though all but Ephemeral Phantasia and Disgaea I have the ones I want now from the sale though I had tons of fun driving around with my friend looking for CCs and whatnot but I had even more fun doing the same with the TRU+Coupon deal. The TRU deal also allowed me to get into the Gamerush deals with the just amazing amount of games there was until they stopped taking Clubworld at the closest GRs. ;) Thanks to the TRU deal I had enough to get credit at GR and pick up most of the older PSX games I wanted as well as most PS2 games I wanted(which included the games from the CC deal I missed aside from the two mentioned), more than doubling my collection. Plus it was so amazingly fun traversing NE Ohio on the 31st cleaning up any left overs before the coupon died. So yeah, go TRU.

Toys R Us Green Tag/$10 Off Coupon Sale. I Got about 40 free games and trade off many for store credit at EB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back