B&N.com - 50% off 99 Universal HD-DVDs

Also take 25% off of one of the movies you purchase

Non Members Y4R4K7D 25% off
Members T4W3P7J 25% off

I didn't read about this in time but I did use a 15% off coupon.

Ended up buying Cat People, Darkman, Seed Of Chucky and Lost in Translation for $54.81

man this is tempting...wonder if these movies are ever gonna get even cheaper? I counted at least 8 movies I'd like to pick up.

[quote name='andysavestheday']man this is tempting...wonder if these movies are ever gonna get even cheaper? I counted at least 8 movies I'd like to pick up.[/QUOTE]

The only way I can see them getting cheaper is if a BOGO starts at Amazon some time in the coming months and even then, it would only be a savings of $3ish per movie.

[quote name='torifile']Damn. HD-DVD really is on its last legs. That was a quick death after those Blu-Ray announcements last month.[/QUOTE]

Sales != death

Was Blu-Ray on it's last legs when they were running non-stop BOGOs a few months ago?

[quote name='Sporadic']Sales != death

Was Blu-Ray on it's last legs when they were running non-stop BOGOs a few months ago?[/QUOTE]
Umm. Denial much? The cut rate prices on the 360 HD-DVD addon, the Toshiba player that's $130 MSRP and can be found easily for less than $100. An industry-wide selloff usually means EOL. Sorry dude. You backed the wrong horse in this race.

[quote name='torifile']Umm. Denial much? The cut rate prices on the 360 HD-DVD addon, the Toshiba player that's $130 MSRP and can be found easily for less than $100. An industry-wide selloff usually means EOL. Sorry dude. You backed the wrong horse in this race.[/QUOTE]

No denial.

Toshiba's strategy after the loss of Warner is to cut player prices even lower and run some 50% off sales on Universal titles. That isn't an industry-wide selloff and Universal/Paramount are still committed to the format.

But none of that really matters, this is a place to list deals, not a place to make yourself feel like a big man because you bought a PS3 that happened to also be a Blu-Ray player.

If you want to be a format warrior, take that shit to the format war thread.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160918

[quote name='Sporadic']No denial.

Toshiba's strategy after the loss of Warner is to cut player prices even lower and run some 50% off sales on Universal titles. That isn't an industry-wide selloff and Universal/Paramount are still committed to the format.

But none of that really matters, this is a place to list deals, not a place to make yourself feel like a big man because you bought a PS3 that happened to also be a Blu-Ray player.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160918[/QUOTE]
You're right. My bad. 50% off movies is a good deal, regardless the outcome of this high def fight. Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

There is also a Visa link that allows for free ship without the later use of a Visa card.

I wonder why there isn't more excitement over this thread.

did anyone see The Kingdom in that list? i've been through the list twice and haven't seen it. That was from Universal and was one I was planning on getting eventually

btw the 25% off coupon only works off one item in the cart. i was hoping i'd get 7.50$ off by ordering 2 of them but i only got 3.75 off =/

i might just wait for a BOGO since the things i have in my cart are usually $20 at amazon normally anyway.

[quote name='torifile']Damn. HD-DVD really is on its last legs. That was a quick death after those Blu-Ray announcements last month.[/quote]

Not true actually, many people have bought into HD DVD since WB left. It isn't over by a longshot.......

[quote name='Sporadic']No denial.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160918[/QUOTE]

Don't mind him, he's just bitter that Sony harpooned his $600 console to be able to trojan horse these HD players into homes before anyone actually wanted one, making them the third horse in a 3 horse race.

I'm happy with my HD-DVD drive. Even if they kill the format off, I've got plenty of movies, I'll be able to plug it into any PC to watch these things until the end of time, and I only paid about $150 bucks for it while getting Season 1 of heroes, 5 random movies, King Kong, Transformers, and 300. That's practically free. Even if they stopped making HD-DVDs tomorrow, it was a good purchase.

Well, jumped in for Apollo 13 and Pride and Prejudice. Used the 25% off one item code and used ebates (4%) and paid with my B&N Mastercard (5% statement credit). Got free shipping since 2 items = $27 before the discounts.

May go back for U-571 and Seabiscuit but I'm trying to restrain myself from re-buying things I already own on regular DVD. (Apollo 13 is an exception though because it is excellent.)

[quote name='texasnightowl']Well, jumped in for Apollo 13 and Pride and Prejudice. Used the 25% off one item code and used ebates (4%) and paid with my B&N Mastercard (5% statement credit). Got free shipping since 2 items = $27 before the discounts.

May go back for U-571 and Seabiscuit but I'm trying to restrain myself from re-buying things I already own on regular DVD. (Apollo 13 is an exception though because it is excellent.)[/QUOTE]

I can say from experience that Seabiscuit is worth buying again even if you have the DVD. The PQ is fantastic.

[quote name='Sporadic']Also take 25% off of one of the movies you purchase

I didn't read about this in time but I did use a 15% off coupon.

Ended up buying Cat People, Darkman, Seed Of Chucky and Lost in Translation for $54.81[/quote]

Thanks for the code!

[quote name='Sporadic']I can say from experience that Seabiscuit is worth buying again even if you have the DVD. The PQ is fantastic.[/quote]

Like I needed temptation :roll:

amazon has fairly competitive prices on a lot of the titles listed in the B&N sale... they're running a 50% off sale right now. As always, be sure to use CheapyD's click-throughs on the main page!

[quote name='cleaver']What's more likely - that's it's a funny video on Youtube or I'm spreading propaganda?[/QUOTE]

No. Its that you are trolling. And poorly at that.

DAMN! I sat there doing nothing while the Amazon.com deal for the HD-DVD addon for 360 was going on. Now, I totally regret it :whistle2:(

I wish I had a HD-DVD player to get in on this deal.

All the $14.99 movies come out to $11.74 shipped with the visa 5% link and the 25% code. I'm gonna have a look tomorrow to see what all I want. Its late and i'm half asleep. If i were to start buying stuff now, most likely ill end up buying all 89 titles.

If anyone wants to buy an HD-DVD player. I'm selling a used 360 addon w/ sealed 300 & Bourne Identity for $100 shipped.

[quote name='Bezerker']All the $14.99 movies come out to $11.74 shipped with the visa 5% link and the 25% code. I'm gonna have a look tomorrow to see what all I want. Its late and i'm half asleep. If i were to start buying stuff now, most likely ill end up buying all 89 titles.

If anyone wants to buy an HD-DVD player. I'm selling a used 360 addon w/ sealed 300 & Bourne Identity for $100 shipped.[/QUOTE]

The 25% off code only takes 25% off of one item.

[quote name='Sporadic']The 25% off code only takes 25% off of one item.[/quote]

Right, but it can be used once per account. As long as they dont blacklist my address, i should be okay.

bread's done
Back