B1G1 Blu Ray: Star Trek Blu BR $14 @ Hastings

lets get one thing straight. there is only ONE T2, and it is an awesome movie starring everyone's favorite governator. it is NOT this summer's awful yet pretty but still poor excuse for entertainment blockbuster.

This might be a good way to get Trick R Treat for a fair price too!

Oh, and Transformers 2 was really inane. Can't see myself buying it for over $10.

I actually thought the original Transformers was mindless fun. The sequel, however, made me want to jam a rusty nail through my eye. You'd have to pay ME $14 to take it.

That said, this pointless post was brought to you by a misleading thread title that says nothing about this being in-store only, or what store it's from for that matter. ;)

Props to the OP for pointing out this deal. I looked over the ad and did not catch this until now.

I was in Hastings yesterday and saw a rack of new BD at various prices starting out at $9.99 and working up to $19.99. I believe some were $13.99 and $17.99. I know T3 was $9.99. If these prices are good during the B1G1 Sale then there could be some sweet deals to be had by us.

[quote name='JMClarkent']Those "Twins" (Not talking about Megan Fox; the "other twins") really killed it for me.[/QUOTE]

Whatchoo talkin' about, Willis?

(I hear ya.)

So will it work on Transformers 2 since technically it's a midnight release and the sale goes until midnight? Anyone know what their prices are like on blu rays they have there? Seems like it's too good to be true (like they'd jack their prices up Borders style for the B1G1)

[quote name='postulio']lets get one thing straight. there is only ONE T2, and it is an awesome movie starring everyone's favorite governator. it is NOT this summer's awful yet pretty but still poor excuse for entertainment blockbuster.[/QUOTE]

F...T...F'n W

There was no jacking up of the price, but keep in mind you have to do it right, if possible bring a buddy or significant other to seperate the lower priced items and the higher priced items, I just paid for it on 2 different cards. For those in the CST time zone there is still plenty of time to catch this deal it ends after the store closes for the midnight release the store in New Braunfels, Texas was empty and I had dibs on pretty much everything they had. Like I said I paid on two seperate cards and got the following:

$19.99 (all on one card)
Digital Video Essentials: HD Basics
Batman Begins
Constantine
Dark City

$27.99/$29.99
Braveheart
Gladiator
Wall-E
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Here's what I got:

Transaction 1: $28 + tax
Trick R Treat
Land of the Lost

Transaction 2: $30 + tax
Akira (1st pressing with book)
Drag Me to Hell

Transaction 3: $25 + tax
Afro Samurai Season 2
Hot Fuzz

Thanks Jd!

I picked up Generation Kill and Sons of Anarchy season 1 for $60 plus tax for one transaction.

I also picked up Dexter Season 1 and 3 (my store didn't have season 2) for $45 plus tax.

My Hastings still had the "Get a PS3 Remote with purchase of any BD Movie" signs up even though they expired back on 9/28.

Super nice lady help my wife and she brought home:
Nyko PS3 remote
T3
Risky Business

Total $10.82

P.S. We traded in 3 penny guides and two super crummy movies plus a $5 coupon w/ trade of 5 and got $17 instore credit.

Great deal, picked up a ton of the 2 for $10 blu rays and braveheart/gladiator. Also got Raging Bull and Ronin for $18 as well as supertroopers, etc :applause:

[quote name='LeRoy']Never even heard of Hastings.[/QUOTE]
You haven't heard of hastings? I went to hastings HS in houston texas.

[quote name='argyle']I actually thought the original Transformers was mindless fun. The sequel, however, made me want to jam a rusty nail through my eye. You'd have to pay ME $14 to take it.

That said, this pointless post was brought to you by a misleading thread title that says nothing about this being in-store only, or what store it's from for that matter. ;)[/QUOTE]

This.

Also, the deal was one day only and 2 days ago...

Also this was YMMV for Transformers 2. Even though the ad and signage in store clearly stated that the sale was from 10-close the cashier fed me the old bullshit line that the sale ended at 12:00 and Transformers 2 couldn't be sold until 12:01. Though there are times that Hastings have decent sales and clearance in store the employees have no clue and suck at their jobs. Most the time I go in to capitalize on a deal like the trade-in guides promo during ODST promo the employees had no clue of the buy back promo and then proceeded to not accept my guides even though the promo was legit in their own ad and my guides scanned for buy back. For those unfortunate and don't have Hastings it is not a big loss. It is a decent store if you have knowledgeable and helpful employees.

[quote name='neudog']Also this was YMMV for Transformers 2. Even though the ad and signage in store clearly stated that the sale was from 10-close the cashier fed me the old bullshit line that the sale ended at 12:00 and Transformers 2 couldn't be sold until 12:01. Though there are times that Hastings have decent sales and clearance in store the employees have no clue and suck at their jobs. Most the time I go in to capitalize on a deal like the trade-in guides promo during ODST promo the employees had no clue of the buy back promo and then proceeded to not accept my guides even though the promo was legit in their own ad and my guides scanned for buy back. For those unfortunate and don't have Hastings it is not a big loss. It is a decent store if you have knowledgeable and helpful employees.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I fucking hate Hastings. Their stock is ridiculously overpriced, and I ALWAYS have a hard time flagging down an associate to help me.

They keep all their games and dvd boxsets under lock and key. Even worse, the items are displayed with the spine outward so you can't see the prices. Sometimes I am standing around 10-15 minutes waiting for an employee to unlock the case just so I can see a price on a game. This is awful customer service.

And then we have sales like this one. Give me a break. Only two fucking hours?? And they had to put it on the worst night of the week. Most people have to work and can't go shopping at 10pm on a Monday night.

bread's done
Back