B1g1 free select pre owned games at GameStop 10/18 - 11/2

strait edge follower

CAGiversary!
Feedback
158 (100%)
i saw this earlier on one of the ads on the counter. the deal seems ok depending on what you get to maximize your savings

:ps3::360: assassins creed
:ps3::360: assassins creed 2
:ps3::360: assassins creed 3
:ps3::360: assassins creed brotherhood
:ps3::360: assassins creed revelations
:ps3::360: batman arkham asylum
:ps3::360: batman arkham asylum goty
:ps3::360: batman arkham city
:ps3::360: battlefield 3
:ps3::360: battlefield bad company
:ps3::360: battlefield bad company 2

wow after discounts you can get both on disk for 12.95 no tax if you use credit. a whopping 45 cents more than steam ! .............
I didn't realize the Arkham City that's a part of this deal was the game of the year edition. Factor in the cost of buying the DLC on console for City than it's different.

I didn't realize the Arkham City that's a part of this deal was the game of the year edition. Factor in the cost of buying the DLC on console for City than it's different.
arkham city goty edition isnt in the sale but i bet my azz the dlc (which isnt that great imo) will go on sale to celebrate arkham origins arival. plus you can resell the disks when you dont want them anymore. on pc you cant do that.

arkham city goty edition isnt in the sale but i bet my azz the dlc (which isnt that great imo) will go on sale to celebrate arkham origins arival. plus you can resell the disks when you dont want them anymore. on pc you cant do that.
Well when you get games dirt cheap there's really no need to feel about reselling.

Last edited by a moderator:
$11.69 for Brohood and Revelations is pretty awesome. I have sometime to think about this but I will probably grab those. Thanks Straight Edge. Also what is the deal with this New generation of cags I am seeing? A bunch of people bitching at each other and being negative. Take that shit to Slickdeals.

$11.69 for Brohood and Revelations is pretty awesome. I have sometime to think about this but I will probably grab those. Thanks Straight Edge. Also what is the deal with this New generation of cags I am seeing? A bunch of people bitching at each other and being negative. Take that shit to Slickdeals.
yea the newer guys have been starting up trouble. im hoping they can use that energy towards contributing instead. btw get a revelations copy that has part one on it as that would make 3 games for under 12 ! thats if you have a ps3 that is

Okay, thanks guys.

Except for the Harley Quinn DLC, none of the rest interests me whatsoever so regular standard edition it is.
Don't forget the Catwoman pack and the skins. The Catwoman pack opens up more missions and story content in the main game as well as letting you get the Catwoman riddler trophies along with the regular ones. The skins can be used in single player, but you need to enter a cheat code if you want to use them before you've beaten the main campaign.

Well when you get games dirt cheap there's really no need to feel about reselling.
You brag about dirt cheap games but fail to realize that you are forced to wait 6 months to a year before you can buy a game "dirt cheap". Unless you are talking about the slew of indie games that you can get for pennies on the dollar every week. If so, grats?

With console games, I can wait a much shorter amount of time for a dinger/sale and then resell or trade the game once I'm done. What about my shelf full of console games? Tangible items that I can hold, appreciate, and collect are what draws me to a console collection. Being a CAG, I also enjoy being able to trade or sell games once that I am done with them if I don't want to add them to my collection. Plus, you can always use that stuff as tinder in the event of an Apocolypse. So many options with console games. Can't do much else with your steam library other than install/uninstall.

This works online as well

B1G1 Batman, Battlefield, Assassin - Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Select Pre-Owned Games from these hit franchises: Batman Arkham Series, Battlefield Series and Assassin's Creed series. Other exclusions may apply. Offer ends 11/2
Could you or somebody paste the link ? I went thru all site did no found jack shit :<

Could you or somebody paste the link ? I went thru all site did no found jack shit :<
Just add the games you want to your cart and it will automatically give you the deal. I can't find the link either, but just make sure you don't have any other coupons like Cag16 active or you won't get the b1g1. Hope this helps.

Can you buy the same game twice? My buddy and I are going to split ACIII since neither of us can find anything else we like.

It worked for me. The Gamestop clerk was unaware of the deal, I told him to try ringing up two copies of ACIII for PS3 and the second copy rang up at $0 automatically. This was in the Southbay, California.

The receipt says PROMO# 15185 for the second copy of ACIII that rang up at $0.

Shame this doesn't include CoD or any other franchises.  For the price, I'd be interested in Battlefield 3, but there's nothing else I want.  I already own all the AC and Arkham games  :cry:.  Had this come up last month I'd have nabbed ACIII with Battlefield 3, oh well....

Well, either way I am giddy at the prospect of Gamestop actually competing with other retailers with decent sales/bargains and not being the shitstain among retailers that I've avoided for so long.  While these aren't the best deals I've ever seen they are certainly a great value, seeing ACIII as a B1G1 is awesome.

Edit:  On second thought, I can get Bad Company 1 & 2 for $5?  If I can find a copy without scratches (my PS3 hates the tiniest mark) then I will bite on this after all, I'm not really too interested but if nothing else they should be good for a rainy weekend right?  Anybody wanna share their thoughts?  I've never played a Battlefield OR Call of Duty game before, but I've played plenty of other FPS's.  Am I gonna be totally lost story-wise, or will there be a steep learning curve to playing this game?  Is the online still alive at all?

Last edited:
On second thought, I can get Bad Company 1 & 2 for $5? If I can find a copy without scratches (my PS3 hates the tiniest mark) then I will bite on this after all, I'm not really too interested but if nothing else they should be good for a rainy weekend right? Anybody wanna share their thoughts? I've never played a Battlefield OR Call of Duty game before, but I've played plenty of other FPS's. Am I gonna be totally lost story-wise, or will there be a steep learning curve to playing this game? Is the online still alive at all?
The campaigns in Bad Company 1 and 2 are super fun and well worth $5. The "story" is light/funny and stands alone from any other Battlefield game (I don't think any of them have stories besides 3, but it is awful).

Shame this doesn't include CoD or any other franchises. For the price, I'd be interested in Battlefield 3, but there's nothing else I want. I already own all the AC and Arkham games :cry:. Had this come up last month I'd have nabbed ACIII with Battlefield 3, oh well....

Well, either way I am giddy at the prospect of Gamestop actually competing with other retailers with decent sales/bargains and not being the shitstain among retailers that I've avoided for so long. While these aren't the best deals I've ever seen they are certainly a great value, seeing ACIII as a B1G1 is awesome.

Edit: On second thought, I can get Bad Company 1 & 2 for $5? If I can find a copy without scratches (my PS3 hates the tiniest mark) then I will bite on this after all, I'm not really too interested but if nothing else they should be good for a rainy weekend right? Anybody wanna share their thoughts? I've never played a Battlefield OR Call of Duty game before, but I've played plenty of other FPS's. Am I gonna be totally lost story-wise, or will there be a steep learning curve to playing this game? Is the online still alive at all?
BC2 online is fairly active, though if you are new to online shooters it will take some adjusting

Thanks for the input guys, I did find both Bad Company 1 and 2, and after arguing with the cashier about the sale's existence he FINALLY wrang them up and sure enough it was B1G1.  I must admit I'm getting really annoyed with the fact that members on this site know more about sales and store policy than actual employees/managers   :???:   

They have a couple very minor scratches and fingerprints galore so I'm wary on whether or not they'll even work though.  So my issue is that, while they have plenty copies of Bad Company 2 left, this was their last copy of the original.  I know I won't have time to sit down with it until next weekend (after their 7 day return deadline), if I do pop it in and find it freezes up every 10 minutes or just craps out for whatever reason, what do you think would be my options for returning it seeing as how they have no copies left and that it's part of a B1G1 deal?  In such a scenario would they issue a refund, would I have to take a gamble on a functional replacement from their website, or what?  For $5 I'm not too worried about it, but I'd like to know my options and figured I'd have a better chance of getting a correct answer here than from a cashier who isn't even aware of current store promotions/policy (and indeed, the smartass's only answer was "Take it to another store" even though the online indicator says the nearest 2 stores are OoS as well).

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the input guys, I did find both Bad Company 1 and 2, and after arguing with the cashier about the sale's existence he FINALLY wrang them up and sure enough it was B1G1. I must admit I'm getting really annoyed with the fact that members on this site know more about sales and store policy than actual employees/managers :???:

They have a couple very minor scratches and fingerprints galore so I'm wary on whether or not they'll even work though. So my issue is that, while they have plenty copies of Bad Company 2 left, this was their last copy of the original. I know I won't have time to sit down with it until next weekend (after their 7 day return deadline), if I do pop it in and find it freezes up every 10 minutes or just craps out for whatever reason, what do you think would be my options for returning it seeing as how they have no copies left and that it's part of a B1G1 deal? In such a scenario would they issue a refund, would I have to take a gamble on a functional replacement from their website, or what? For $5 I'm not too worried about it, but I'd like to know my options and figured I'd have a better chance of getting a correct answer here than from a cashier who isn't even aware of current store promotions/policy (and indeed, the smartass's only answer was "Take it to another store" even though the online indicator says the nearest 2 stores are OoS as well).

Thanks for any help.
You could try installing it to your hd sometime during the week? It's not a complete guarantee, but I'd say 90% of the time if the full install works you should be ok.

Thanks for the input guys, I did find both Bad Company 1 and 2, and after arguing with the cashier about the sale's existence he FINALLY wrang them up and sure enough it was B1G1. I must admit I'm getting really annoyed with the fact that members on this site know more about sales and store policy than actual employees/managers :???:

They have a couple very minor scratches and fingerprints galore so I'm wary on whether or not they'll even work though. So my issue is that, while they have plenty copies of Bad Company 2 left, this was their last copy of the original. I know I won't have time to sit down with it until next weekend (after their 7 day return deadline), if I do pop it in and find it freezes up every 10 minutes or just craps out for whatever reason, what do you think would be my options for returning it seeing as how they have no copies left and that it's part of a B1G1 deal? In such a scenario would they issue a refund, would I have to take a gamble on a functional replacement from their website, or what? For $5 I'm not too worried about it, but I'd like to know my options and figured I'd have a better chance of getting a correct answer here than from a cashier who isn't even aware of current store promotions/policy (and indeed, the smartass's only answer was "Take it to another store" even though the online indicator says the nearest 2 stores are OoS as well).

Thanks for any help.
I wouldn't worry about it. Minor scratches shouldn't effect anything and cleaning the disc is easy (I use windex, myself). In the event that it doesn't work, you won't be able to return the game after 7 days, but you shouldn't have any problem exchanging it for a working copy at any of their stores.

I wouldn't worry about it. Minor scratches shouldn't effect anything and cleaning the disc is easy (I use windex, myself). In the event that it doesn't work, you won't be able to return the game after 7 days, but you shouldn't have any problem exchanging it for a working copy at any of their stores.
I thought games purchased til the end of the year can be returned up to 1/15/2014 or something? That's what it says in the B2G1 thread.

Not when they're defective. Read the receipt.
There were a few different ways I wanted to go about saying this, but bottom line with the way they worded that you will easily get your money back if it doesn't work. ESPECIALLY if your a few days past the 7.

The idea is to protect buyers against buying stuff for people as gifts that they don't want. I'd imagine that INCLUDES buying people unusable games when they don't find out until Christmas.

EDIT:

I'd be extremely confident saying in resale conditions means the box, price tags and disc look something like what they did when you bought them.

They are protecting themselves against people bringing in discs only, boxes with no price stickers, discs cracked in half, rings around the disc. I highly doubt they'll turn someone away who has a few scratches and said it didn't work.

There were a few different ways I wanted to go about saying this, but bottom line with the way they worded that you will easily get your money back if it doesn't work. ESPECIALLY if your a few days past the 7.
The idea is to protect buyers against buying stuff for people as gifts that they don't want. I'd imagine that INCLUDES buying people unusable games when they don't find out until Christmas.

EDIT:

I'd be extremely confident saying in resale conditions means the box, price tags and disc look something like what they did when you bought them.

They are protecting themselves against people bringing in discs only, boxes with no price stickers, discs cracked in half, rings around the disc. I highly doubt they'll turn someone away who has a few scratches and said it didn't work.
What part of resale condition confuses you?

If they can't sell it, then don't return it.

What part of resale condition confuses you?

If they can't sell it, then don't return it.
I am clearly stating I understand the wording but don't care because they will return it anyway. Do I need to buy a $.49 game and return it next Friday to prove it to you?

EDIT:

And I don't really care. I'm trying to help the guy who posted the question out. Maybe he won't 100% get a return after 7 days but considering they refund people past the 7 days all the time when the normal policy is in place it isn't 100% sure he won't get it.

And if they don't want to refund you after 7 days use your imagination a little bit and you'll figure out a pretty quick alternative.

Hi guys. Need a little help here

1)Do you guys know if this works in Puerto Rico stores? (I would suppose it does since it always says so, but who knows?)

2) I was thinking on buying Battlefield 3 and one of the Assasins Creed games and maybe also another pair of Assasins Creed games, but Im not sure which are good. What A.C. games are good and which are bad/average?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English, its my second language

So this now works nationwide? I'm now considering the Bad Company games just for their campaigns.
It's tough to say because not everyone is posting their location, I suspect that it is. If there's a GS near you it's worth a shot, I have been to a couple of GS locations in my area and none of them are aware of this deal or advertise it.

Hi guys. Need a little help here

1)Do you guys know if this works in Puerto Rico stores? (I would suppose it does since it always says so, but who knows?)

2) I was thinking on buying Battlefield 3 and one of the Assasins Creed games and maybe also another pair of Assasins Creed games, but Im not sure which are good. What A.C. games are good and which are bad/average?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English, its my second language
1. Don't know. Just go to the store have them ring it up, not like they're going to shoot you on the spot if it doesn't work. I wouldn't bother calling the store to asking an employee about it before hand, it doesn't seem like it's an advertised deal that employees are aware of.

2. AC1 isn't that great just because the game play is repetitious and overall i didn't find it challenging at all but it's good to have for story purposes. I mean none of the AC games require that you play the previous title, I think they do a decent job of recapping what happened in the previous game so you don't get too lost. Obviously the recaps don't cover everything but they give you a general idea of major stuff that happened. I liked AC2 and ACB. I'm playing through ACR right now, kind of mixed on it because the added mini games aren't that great but they're not mandatory. I haven't played ACIII yet, that's queued up.

dothechacha said:
Same here in Torrance CA, they "ran it through their system" and told me that they didn't see any promotions on the titles I chose.
Definitely pull it up on their website if you have access to it.

It is even in one of their promotional flyers. The CoD deals are in the one advertising Ghosts.

Thanks for any help.
Depends on the store manager on how they approach the situation. But from a corporate standpoint 7 days is the return policy to get a full refund. 30 days is for their exchanges. If there's isn't a replacement for it in their own store or nearby, they could order one through their website warehouse to satisfy your request. I mean really they just have to get you a copy of the game that works, there's no guarantee that the game will be mint condition and in sparkling condition. If it comes down to it I imagine they could just issue you a refund but it's up the store manager.

EDIT:

I imagine it would be pretty hard to enforce that policy simply because the contents/condition of the game are not included in the receipt on top of that GS sells gutted copies of games that don't even come with any of the manuals, cover art, etc. and there's no distinction between a complete used game and a gutted game with just the disc on the receipt. I doubt a company as big as them would go through the trouble of maintaining a database of every single game and accessory that came with it. I'm pretty sure the reason why they put it up there is to deter customers from games that they have damaged themselves and also give their employees the chance to make judgement calls as opposed to accepting everything regardless of condition. Ie. someone trying to return a used game that has Redbox stickers on it. Not sure about the stickers policy, may a GS employee can provide more info but I always remove the stickers off used games that I buy and the few times I have returned them i didn't run into any problems.

Oh that silly Gamestop - doesn't even know about their own promotions.  Ran into the issue here - had to show 2 of them their own website and then they gave me an empty case so I had to go back to get the game.  And they wonder why people don't like them...

Thanks for the heads up on the deal OP!

bread's done
Back