B1G1 on all used DVDs/blu-rays at Newbury Comics tonight beginning at 4 PM

chuckstaton

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I hope I didn't miss something, but it seems like Newbury Comics deals are NEVER posted here - is there a reason?

Anyway, Newbury Comics is a new/used music/movie/video game retailer around New England. Similar to FYE (or any of the places FYE bought) but with a more "college-age" staff and a more relaxed feel to the store (and of course, it also carries comic books, a small amount of books, and many many toys and collector's items).
The prices are pretty comparable - if you go to Moviestop/FYE/Newbury Comics and check 10 random items, they will be about the same or only slightly different. Newbury actually seems to have great prices on used video games, and generally drops them before Gamestop does.

Anyway - they have a Twitter with sales that are only announced on the day of the sale - and today's is B1G1. They had one about a month ago and I picked up The Wire complete series and Buffy The Vampire Slayer complete series for $120 total. I know the Dark Knight double disc blu was like $11.99.
Like I said - the used prices are pretty standard (which is great with B1G1) and some stuff can be found for really cheap here.

It seems that there's a 5 B1G1 deal per customer, but that's a pretty damn good limit, and I bet you could push it easily. Last time I probably bought 30 items and the guy behind the counter was like "Wow you're a great shopper!"

It's really great - better than FYE's 40% off used coupon (which is also really great) and better than Gamestop's B2G1 on video games. Even better than online retailers like Secondspin.com (which generally only goes up to 30% and free shipping). You're looking at 50% (when done correctly) off here. This is probably the best used sale around so capitalize!

[quote name='CaptainCaputo']Usually Newbury Comics deals are posted in the regional section because only us in New England area has them[/QUOTE]

and no online deals, like gohastings (which is also technically a regional store)

[quote name='postulio']and no online deals, like gohastings (which is also technically a regional store)[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Confused by the post for two reasons.
1. Are you referring to the deal? It was in-store, not online.
2. If not - what do you mean? Aren't there online deals posted here all the time?

Just curious!

bread's done
Back