B2G1 Free On All HD DVD's - 12/23 - 12/29 @ Best Buy & BestBuy.com

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
I saw this on the HighDefDigest.com forums but wanted to wait for Speedy's confirmation before making a thread....

[quote name='speedy1961']

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HD-DVD Discs are Buy Two & Get One Free :

Purchases must be on the same receipt and offer EXCLUDES TV series and box sets // Offer varies online

Free Discs must be of equal or lesser value // $34.99 or less

More Titles Available In Store & Online

Inside Man >>>> $24.99

IMAX: Blue Planet >>>> $24.99

Batman Begins >>>> $24.99

Transformers >>>> $29.99

The Bourne Ultimatum >>>> $29.99

Balls Of Fury >>>> $29.99

Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix >>>> $32.99

Stardust >>>> $34.99

Pan’s Labyrinth >>>> $32.99

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**************************************************************[/quote]

It's confirmed! Not as good as a B1G1 but way better than nothing since these sales are very rare for us Red supporters.

B2G1 at BB's prices get painful. $20/movie for three $30 movies + tax, not that fun.

B1G1 at BB's prices are at least bearable. $15/movie for two $30 movies + tax, that's somewhat dealable.

There are a some $19.99 and less movies, such as "The Big Lebowski"... not a bad deal for those.

BB seems to be $5-$10 less than retail on most of their hd-dvds. Not great, but I've seen worse. Oh, far worse.

Not a bad deal. This one includes some of the newer titles that are coming out like Pan's Labrynith. I'll try to find out what additional titles will be available (as the ad states there is a bigger selection to choose from when taking advantage of this deal), and when I do I'll post it in this thread.

[quote name='mistertateam']Not a bad deal. This one includes some of the newer titles that are coming out like Pan's Labrynith. I'll try to find out what additional titles will be available (as the ad states there is a bigger selection to choose from when taking advantage of this deal), and when I do I'll post it in this thread.[/quote]

Its valid on any HD DVD titles, that's why it says selection varies by store.

I'm guessing the multi-packs would also be on sale as well? At $50 each, that would put 9 movies @ $100+tax or about $11.11+tax each. Not too bad.

If you do in store pickup and they screw your order up (which if they're anything like my store they'll definitely do) and take more than a minute to get it to you, you get $10 off. That'd bring it down to closer to Amazon prices.

thanks, gonna pick up a combination of these 3

Eastern Promises, The Kingdom, The Host, or Face/Off

Anyone have an opinion on Face/Off or The Host, which is better?

[quote name='rsigley']thanks, gonna pick up a combination of these 3

Anyone have an opinion on Face/Off or The Host, which is better?[/quote]

Have you seen neither?

If you haven't seen either of those films....go with Face/Off for sure. One of THE best action movies of all time in my opinion. The picture quality on HD-DVD is leaps and bounds above the old DVD.

I didn't really like The Host when I saw it. I haven't seen it on HD-DVD so I can't tell you about the disc.

bought stardust for my girlfriend for xmas already.... if theres no third movie i want ill just pick it up again as one of the three and then return it with my original receipt. not bad.

Anyone have an opinion on Face/Off or The Host, which is better?[/QUOTE]

I just noticed that "The Kingdom" is listed as "pre-order" at BB.com, so you can't get it online and use "in store pickup". You would have to walk into your B&M store and hope it's in stock (and that they put it out early). I'm going to go to my local store and grab The Kingdom and Stardust, and then whatever else catches my eye.

I checked for Eastern Promises on HD-DVD and can't seem to find it on bestbuy.com thats the 3rd film I want.

3 I want
Pan's/Kingdom/Eastern Promises

if anyone knows a link on they're site I'll add it to the queue

edit: wow....they're using white noise 2 image for the hd-dvd version....nice job best buy

Anyone have an opinion on Face/Off or The Host, which is better?[/QUOTE]
The Host is a much better movie.

found Kingdom today, will buy it as part of the sale and return with my original receipt.

I'm feeling Pans/Kingdom/FaceOff.

I'm thinking the Kingdom, Eastern Promises, and the regular Blade Runner for me for an early Christmas present. My store already had The Kingdom and Blade Runner in stock, so hopefully they get in Eastern Promises in stock tomorrow for an instore order.

A WORD TO EVERYONE WANTING THE KINGDOM

The pq is sub par..But the audio is dreadful.. another no lossless track.

Then again if you dont care about it, its a great movie. Just saying.

Face off and host are both great movies. But in terms of PQ/Audio, Host is the better.

The audio is dreadful because there is no lossless track?

You noobs couldn't even tell the difference between 1.5mbps and lossless on most mixes.

i saw the kingdom today and i didn't think the PQ was bad

its up there with most of the new HD DVD releases, HDD will probably give it a 4.5

about the audio, i think it was just mixed bad. the bass sounds off, doubt lossless would of helped it any

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']A WORD TO EVERYONE WANTING THE KINGDOM

[/quote]

Great movie? whoa there.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']A WORD TO EVERYONE WANTING THE KINGDOM

[/quote]
Taken from AVS forum:
[quote name='AVSFORUM.COM']
Video: Superb colors, extraordinary detail, razor sharp, everything I want out of a new release. There is a fine sheen of grain throughout, and the details just pop! I saw no macroblocking or artifacting. The whites may be blown out but that is almost certainly directors intent. Being that the movie features many of the cast and crew of Smokin Aces, it's ironic that was the movie I'd compare the picture quality to. I'll give it 4.5/5.[/quote]

Awesome, I was thinking about grabbing Blade Runner tonight but I can wait until after Xmas.

Blade Runner and...hmm. Maybe the first two Bournes.

hrrm, Kingdom isn't working online. Am trying to get Stardust, Kingdom, and Bourne Supremecy.

I really don't want to go out tomorrow to try to take part in this, anyone know why The Kingdom isn't included online? (I know, it says "select" titles but given how many are listed it seems weird)

(Edit: Wow, this isn't that hot of a deal really, adding those 3 movies at Amazon is $75 shipped. If they get Kingdom working online it'd be about $71 after tax at BB... just a head's up to do the math and be sure this deal makes sense. :) Of course RZ points and GCs affect it a bit too ;) )

[quote name='Justin42']hrrm, Kingdom isn't working online. Am trying to get Stardust, Kingdom, and Bourne Supremecy.

I really don't want to go out tomorrow to try to take part in this, anyone know why The Kingdom isn't included online? (I know, it says "select" titles but given how many are listed it seems weird)[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's still being considered a pre-order in their system and thus isn't yet eligible.

I don't think the deal has started yet online. I think they update everything at 12:00am pacific time. I know I've got three in my cart online and they're not showing up as B2G1 free yet.

[quote name='Justin42']hrrm, Kingdom isn't working online. Am trying to get Stardust, Kingdom, and Bourne Supremecy.

I really don't want to go out tomorrow to try to take part in this, anyone know why The Kingdom isn't included online? (I know, it says "select" titles but given how many are listed it seems weird)

(Edit: Wow, this isn't that hot of a deal really, adding those 3 movies at Amazon is $75 shipped. If they get Kingdom working online it'd be about $71 after tax at BB... just a head's up to do the math and be sure this deal makes sense. :) Of course RZ points and GCs affect it a bit too ;) )[/QUOTE]

The problem title in your order is Stardust , which at $34.95, is only around 12-13% off suggested retail, while the other two titles you have are 25% off retail (and closer to Amazon's price). If you do the math for 3 $29.99 titles from Best Buy, the deal is looks better from Best Buy on a per disc average. (for 3 $29.99 titles, it's around $21 per title at Best Buy compared to Amazon's $25 per disc)

The higher price/lower discount on Stardust at Best Buy is eating up the savings.

I'm hoping to get The Kingdom, Eastern Promises & Balls of the Fury, but it doesn't seem the first two currently qualify.

WTF? The Kingdom and Eastern Promises aren't on the list online! What do you guys think, make an in-store order and proceed to make a scene until they give me what I want? Worked last time...

The recent Amazon HD DVD and BD deals have spoiled me, I guess. After paying less than $8 per movie on several of my B1G1 orders (with 10% discount on the movies from the HD DVD player I bought from Amazon last year), the thought of three $24.99 movies for $53 plus change with tax from BB just doesn't seem that great. Plus, I bought so many movies from Amazon in December, I'm pretty much tapped out now...

anything more than $15 for an HD-DVD is overkill

just because they say it's a sale doesn't mean it is.

:applause:

stellar find

note: i just tried to purchase 12 but it only listed one as free. so i had to order 3 x 4 times to get the 4 free. a little inconvenient, but it worked.

[quote name='gsr']anything more than $15 for an HD-DVD is overkill

just because they say it's a sale doesn't mean it is.[/QUOTE]

If you had said Blu-ray I would agree wholeheartedly. I haven't spent more than $15 on all but like three blu-rays with all the sales they've had. However, HD-DVD I can count the sales they've had (with titles I wanted and didn't already have) on one hand.

I completely agree that this isn't much of a sale with BB's high prices, but if I'm getting the three movies anyway, I might as well save a bit. To use my order for example: The Kingdom, Blade Runner Complete Collector's Edition, and Eastern Promises.

Amazon: $83.85 shipped.
Best Buy: $70.99 shipped plus tax.

I'm saving a grand total of $12.86. Not amazing, but good enough for something I was going to buy anyway.

Well this deal is a bust, seeing as how i was going to get eastern promises, pan's (which i have on order on amazon for 22.49 after the hd-dvd deal from a year ago; instead of the 34.99 that best buy has it as) and the kingdom which isn't on they're list. Already have a lot of the newer releases (Stardust, shrek, potter movies, and bourne) Oh well they'll be more deals at a later time.

Went in-store and picked up The Kingdom, Balls of Fury & Stardust for $65 even. Stardust was still stickered with the $29.99 price from last week, but coming up $34.99 in the system: just a quick price correction at customer service.

Will probably pick up Eastern Promises + 2 other $29.99 titles next week.
(FYI Just buying $29.99 titles will get you the best deal with this offer - ultimately 50% off list price).

picked up EP and Face/OFf and price matched my Kingdom from yesterday

got $10 free cause they couldn't find EP forever too :D

[quote name='flatliner718']Well this deal is a bust, seeing as how i was going to get eastern promises, pan's (which i have on order on amazon for 22.49 after the hd-dvd deal from a year ago; instead of the 34.99 that best buy has it as) and the kingdom which isn't on they're list. Already have a lot of the newer releases (Stardust, shrek, potter movies, and bourne) Oh well they'll be more deals at a later time.[/QUOTE]

i picked up both of those movies, didn't have to do anything extra either it came up on the screen

I just got Eastern Promises, The Kingdom and Stardust (marked 29.99) for $65 - $10 RZ Cert. I almost got The Heartbreak Kid but decided not to just yet.

Hearing people getting Eastern Promises and The Kingdom in store gives me a little more hope about my trip to Best Buy later today.

bread's done
Back