B2G1 free on used Xbox games at EB/GS

Master Shake

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Coupon expires on August 2nd. In-store only.

EBC3002839.jpg

Link...http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newnews/fsi/images/EBC3002839.jpg

These normally come out at the bottom of their weekly email. I haven't received this weeks yet so I can't be sure, but I'd guess its legit since I've seen similar coupons on the emails in the past.

Meh. I was spoiled over the past couple of weeks w/ the $5 off DS and PSP games. Looks like EBStop won't be getting any of my $$$ this week.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']These normally come out at the bottom of their weekly email. I haven't received this weeks yet so I can't be sure, but I'd guess its legit since I've seen similar coupons on the emails in the past.[/quote]Mine just showed up a few minutes ago, and it's legit.

Can't think of what 3 OG Xbox games I'd want, though. :whistle2:s

You mean which 3 last gen ones you haven't already found cheaper due to a clearance or other sale or glitch, eh Shrike?

I think as of now, I'm done with buying Xbox games, unless I come across another copy of Psychonauts or decide to get some of the front row games from BB.

Either way, I wonder....if you get a stupid clerk, will this coupon ring up the last game as the free one(like the BOGO from Blockbuster did about 2-3 weeks ago)? If so, cheap game, cheap game, Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance II free here I come.

[quote name='Master Shake']Good luck finding three games you want and them being in decent shape.[/quote]

Actually, if you take maybe 30 seconds tops to check all three games, you can verify if you have crap condition games or not. It's not THAT hard to take that miniscule amount of time to check out the condition on games, unless you're planning on going on lunch or other breaks from where you work to buy the games.

Any suggestions? I have jet set radio, crisomon skies, burnout 3 takedown. Anyone know if xbox burnout revenge is compatible on the 360 or even worth it? get the 360 version? Psychonauts any good? Just dont know whats common and good

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Either way, I wonder....if you get a stupid clerk, will this coupon ring up the last game as the free one(like the BOGO from Blockbuster did about 2-3 weeks ago)? If so, cheap game, cheap game, Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance II free here I come.[/quote]The clerk will manually give you the cheapest game for free most likely.
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Actually, if you take maybe 30 seconds tops to check all three games, you can verify if you have crap condition games or not. It's not THAT hard to take that miniscule amount of time to check out the condition on games, unless you're planning on going on lunch or other breaks from where you work to buy the games.[/quote]Most places around here there isn't one good copy of anything, not to mention all the generic cases stores have.

True, though I ALMOST got away with getting Outrun 2006 C2C and Freedom Fighters for Xbox for the cost of FF's alone($9.99 plus tax) during that BB sale.

I should check my BB acct and see, maybe I did get them for that and have $5 on my acct still.

jet set radio future
panzer dragoon orta
crimson skies
phantom dust
air force delta
baldur's gate 1 & 2
silent scope complete
futurama
silent hill 2, 3 & 4
fatal frame 1 & 2
marvel vs. capcom 2 (if you have the money and IF they have it)
sf anniversary collection
house of the dead 3

most of the titles are hard to find and some are rare. i would inlcude metal gear solid 2: substance in the mix, but the game is actually much cheaper most the time on ebay. also, you guys might be interested in the original Manhunt. this game is kind of disappearing pretty quickly since MH2 might only be released for PC and 360..

[quote name='phear3d']jet set radio future
panzer dragoon orta
crimson skies
phantom dust
air force delta
baldur's gate 1 & 2
silent scope complete
futurama
silent hill 2, 3 & 4
fatal frame 1 & 2
marvel vs. capcom 2 (if you have the money and IF they have it)
sf anniversary collection
house of the dead 3[/quote]

Cool, I have every single one of those.

Except Silent Hill 3 on XBox.. but that's probably because it doesn't exist.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean which 3 last gen ones you haven't already found cheaper due to a clearance or other sale or glitch, eh Shrike?[/quote]Pretty much, yeah.

[quote name='paean']Thinking about getting Mercenaries, Psi-Ops and something else....[/quote]

Great choices, paean, might I suggest either Ninja Gaiden or Ninja Gaiden Black on the original Xbox for your third game?

Oh and BookishBoy, I think what everyone else said already is true, only SH's 2 and 4 received an Xbox release.

[quote name='rogre78']Can anyone recommend some great xbox game that are backwards compatible with the 360?[/quote]

Didn't you read the thread?? I just asked that and people are suggesting that! PLEASE READ!!!

[quote name='rogre78']Can anyone recommend some great xbox game that are backwards compatible with the 360?[/quote]

Tell us what kind of games you like, rpgs, fps, racers, etc. and maybe we can recommend some for ya. The list a few posts up is kind of small compared to the amount of great games you can choose from, but it would help if we knew what types you're looking for.

I really need to pick up a few xbox games, thanks for the lookout op.

Im wondering how some people get the newsletter earlier than others though. I get mine 2 days later than others most of the time.

While Im at it, whats the difference between Ninja Gaiden and NG Black >_>

does anybody have any idea when they are gonna do this sale for xbox 360 games i know some of yall get that info early just thought i would ask appreciate the help

Buy 2, Get 1 Free for 360? Not likely to happen until maybe a year from now or such. Most they ever did with 360 was $10 off $24.99+ used 360 titles.

Ugh, finding three Xbox games I don't have at an affordable price is gonna be a bitch, considering I've gotten a ton that I've wanted cheap as hell.

[quote name='topnotch97']never played Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, is it good? kinda looking at Fables instead.[/QUOTE]
I've only gone through it on PC so maybe Xbox has some issues I don't know about, but it's kind of a huge gaming world, fairly lame combat, tons of quests and exploring to do and overall it's neat.

Depends on how much you enjoy getting in to a game's setting I guess. The combat's dull enough that it probably won't keep you just for that, but finding artifacts and dungeon crawling is pretty entertaining, and the gameworld itself is neat. Also could be good if you've played Oblivion but not Morrowind.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2187632004186112119 Xbox Morrowind video review
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/elde...t=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review Tribunal review
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/elde...t=convert&om_clk=gssummary&tag=summary;review Bloodmoon review

If you get the "Game of the year" edition for Xbox, it includes the two expansions that came out on PC which both add some great new areas. I see on Gamestop's webpage it shows normal Morrowind for $6 and GotY for $13, the two expansions in GotY are easily worth $7. Of course, if you end up not liking Morrowind they won't be.

Only Xbox, why not GCN or any other last generation console?!

I wish there was another B2G1 free before the end of summer without a coupon!

only games that i've yet to get from this sale is rainbow six 3 (and im not so sure id like it) and riddick (but for some reason the damn gamestops always have a weird looking case for it - it happened 3 times at three different gamestops last time!)

[quote name='Tsukento']Buy 2, Get 1 Free for 360? Not likely to happen until maybe a year from now or such. Most they ever did with 360 was $10 off $24.99+ used 360 titles.

[/quote]
Actually, this past December EB/Gamestop ran a B2G1 on used 360 games. I remember picking up Gears x2 / Madden x2 / DeadRising / R6:Vegas / COD:3 / Marvel:UA / THP8 for about $270.

So I wouldn't completely rule out a B2G1 on 360 but I agree its unlikely outside of holiday sales. Here's hoping.

[quote name='Link927']I really need to pick up a few xbox games, thanks for the lookout op.

Im wondering how some people get the newsletter earlier than others though. I get mine 2 days later than others most of the time.

While Im at it, whats the difference between Ninja Gaiden and NG Black >_>[/quote]

The main difference is the addition of an easy mode. Thats pretty much it.

I'll be looking for Outrun 2 and Morrowind. Anyone want to reccomend a third choice?

[quote name='Sacryphice']Actually, this past December EB/Gamestop ran a B2G1 on used 360 games. I remember picking up Gears x2 / Madden x2 / DeadRising / R6:Vegas / COD:3 / Marvel:UA / THP8 for about $270.

So I wouldn't completely rule out a B2G1 on 360 but I agree its unlikely outside of holiday sales. Here's hoping.[/QUOTE]

I think that was for all games. I remember, because I picked up a mix of PSP games with 360. I think thats the closest for B2G1 on 360 games. Its going to be a while before they ever make it 360 specific, but the once annually B2G1 on all games (whenever that is) is what everyone should be looking forward too.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Only Xbox, why not GCN or any other last generation console?!

I wish there was another B2G1 free before the end of summer without a coupon![/quote]
Because they had a deal on GameCube and PlayStation 2 games not to long ago involving coupons. Xbox was the odd one out as they tackled Xbox 360, then GameCube then PlayStation 2, followed by Nintendo DS with PSP after that.

[quote name='Sacryphice']Actually, this past December EB/Gamestop ran a B2G1 on used 360 games. I remember picking up Gears x2 / Madden x2 / DeadRising / R6:Vegas / COD:3 / Marvel:UA / THP8 for about $270.

So I wouldn't completely rule out a B2G1 on 360 but I agree its unlikely outside of holiday sales. Here's hoping.[/quote]
As Link927 said, that was for all used games in the store.

[quote name='PhantomaZero']The main difference is the addition of an easy mode. Thats pretty much it.

I'll be looking for Outrun 2 and Morrowind. Anyone want to reccomend a third choice?[/quote]

NG Black also had the Ninja Gaiden arcade game.

As for recommendations, what about Red Dead Revolver since you're looking for one in the $5 range.

I bought the original NG on release date, would it be wise to upgrade then? Cant find a copy of JSRF in the area (Do have the combo, not BC :whistle2:() , at least theres Fatal Frame 2.

[quote name='Link927']I bought the original NG on release date, would it be wise to upgrade then? Cant find a copy of JSRF in the area (Do have the combo, not BC :whistle2:() , at least theres Fatal Frame 2.[/quote]
I own the original too and rented NG Black just to see the difference. You're really not missing anything besides a easier game. As for JSRF, I believe they fixed the problem with the combo disc with the latest update. Try to see if it works now.

Ninja Gaiden Black also includes all the Hurricane Packs, so it's easier on easy/normal but harder on the higher difficulty settings.

I'm glad I waited to get the Chaos Theory Collector's Edition at mine. Hopefully it's still there when I go in tomorrow.

[quote name='trabbahabba']man, my son just bought star wars: kotor today. Do you think we can get an adjustment?[/QUOTE]

You could probably return it and rebuy it along with your 2 other games. There are probably multiple copies of Kotor so its no problem.

[quote name='trabbahabba']man, my son just bought star wars: kotor today. Do you think we can get an adjustment?[/quote]

return and rebuy, assuming you have 2 other games you want to get.

[quote name='tangytangerine']I own the original too and rented NG Black just to see the difference. You're really not missing anything besides a easier game. As for JSRF, I believe they fixed the problem with the combo disc with the latest update. Try to see if it works now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I didnt want to spend an extra $20 just for that. And the combo works? Hmm, I'll have to try later. Thanks for the tip.

bread's done
Back