B2G1 free on used Xbox games at EB/GS

Master Shake

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Coupon expires on August 2nd. In-store only.

EBC3002839.jpg

Link...http://www.gamestop.com/gs/newnews/fsi/images/EBC3002839.jpg

[quote name='Link927']I bought the original NG on release date, would it be wise to upgrade then? Cant find a copy of JSRF in the area (Do have the combo, not BC :whistle2:() , at least theres Fatal Frame 2.[/quote]
Actually, the combo IS backwards compatible now. They went and fixed that problem. They just don't have the bundle mentioned on the site for some odd reason: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_Set_Radio_Future#Xbox_360_backwards_compatibility

[quote name='Tsukento']Actually, the combo IS backwards compatible now. They went and fixed that problem. They just don't have the bundle mentioned on the site for some odd reason: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_Set_Radio_Future#Xbox_360_backwards_compatibility[/QUOTE]

July 12th huh, that was somewhat recent. The only reason I got the combo was because it was $1.99, compared to the $4.99 solo, didnt realize it wasnt BC at the time. Now the game iteself it "rare", hard to find as well as some "decent" ebay.

TimeSplitters 2 and Future Perfect, MegaMan Anniversary Collection, Capcom vs. SNK 2, Capcom Classics, Prince of Persia games, Guilty Gear X2 # Reload, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, GunValkyrie, Jade Empire, Fable, Soul Calibur 2, Otogi 1 and 2, and Psychonauts are some of my recommendations

[quote name='wizardofcoz4126']TimeSplitters 2 and Future Perfect, MegaMan Anniversary Collection, Capcom vs. SNK 2, Capcom Classics, Prince of Persia games, Guilty Gear X2 # Reload, Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, GunValkyrie, Jade Empire, Fable, Soul Calibur 2, Otogi 1 and 2, and Psychonauts are some of my recommendations[/QUOTE]

Guilty Gear, yes! That was I title I forgot. Yet, its still not avaliable in my area :whistle2:(

that jade empire used is kind of pricey. luckily i could pick it up at TRU for like $9.98, and it's new. and it's even a limited edition.

now as for gunvalkyrie.... any relation to samus? i need to find a copy of that.

The copy of Gunvalkyrie that I found at my local GS was scratched to hell and had no instruction booklet :whistle2:x

I got Jade Empire off ebay for $6 shipped, new and sealed. Not limited edition, but I believe the differences are very, very slight.

I want to pick up Syberia II and Obscure, but the store locator won't tell me where Obscure is! And I need to figure out a third game. Maybe DOA Volleyball??

my local gs has jsrf and crimson skies in stock for 3.99 a pop, altough i have the sega gt 2002 jsrf combo should i get jsrf? i have house of dead 3 was thinking of just getting crimson skies

Figures, I just picked up a complete and near mint (you read that right) copy of Jedi Outcast on Thursday. Damnit.

just got back from my local EBstop like 2 mins. away from me. i got:

Kill.Switch - $ 6.99
Tenchu - $5.99
Red Ninja - Free ($4.99)

eb staff don't even know about the coupon. dude even said "let's try this, I hope it's not expired." pfff.

i need to look for Ninja Gaiden and Otogi 1.

[quote name='sp00ge']Figures, I just picked up a complete and near mint (you read that right) copy of Jedi Outcast on Thursday. Damnit.[/QUOTE]

Just return and rebuy with the other 2 games you want.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']my local gs has jsrf and crimson skies in stock for 3.99 a pop, altough i have the sega gt 2002 jsrf combo should i get jsrf? i have house of dead 3 was thinking of just getting crimson skies[/QUOTE]

I've been looking for a non-combo JSRF so if you're looking to do this deal and don't want a 3rd game, then I'd be willing to buy it from you if 1) the disc is in great/excellent condition and 2) the game is complete. Thanks!

May have to check this out tomorrow.

I'll check it out tomorrow but my main problem is almost every xbox game I want doesn't work on 360. I remember my friends and I were all about the Guilty Gear X2 Reload the other day. Popped it in the 360, dashboard even recognized what game it was. And then the system would NOT boot it. Dirty evil crap. I keep wanting to buy xbox games now that they are on sale all the time but with 360 BC, it's pretty much a crapshoot on what works and what doesn't.

picking this up tomarrow:
Elder Scrolls 3:Morrowind - $5.99
Crimson Skies: High Road Revenge - $3.99
Battlefield 2:Modern Combat - $7.99 (may change to Samuri Warriors)

5.99+3.99+7.99 = 17.97 - 3.99 = 13.98 + 8.625% Tax = $15.19

i hope they have to manually adjust the free game, ill hand the cashier crimson skies and morrowind first then battlefield 2

Obviously it goes by the lowest price is the free game you noob. Otherwise I could go in and hand them two sports games and then try to buy Marvel vs. Capcom 2.... some people.... I tell ya.

[quote name='Giygas']The copy of Gunvalkyrie that I found at my local GS was scratched to hell and had no instruction booklet :whistle2:x

I got Jade Empire off ebay for $6 shipped, new and sealed. Not limited edition, but I believe the differences are very, very slight.

I want to pick up Syberia II and Obscure, but the store locator won't tell me where Obscure is! And I need to figure out a third game. Maybe DOA Volleyball??[/QUOTE]

Here:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?affid=7500&product_id=950732

Gamestop has a a lot of great cheap Xbox Games, here are my recommendations:

Non Backwards-Compatible:
Deus Ex: Invisible War $4
007: Everything or Nothing $5
Freedom Fighters $5
Psi-Ops $6
Beyond Good & Evil $7
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb $8
Marc Ecko's Getting Up $9
Timesplitters: Future Perfect $9
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within $10

Backwards-Compatible:
Max Payne 2 (my personal favorite game) $1.50
Splinter Cell $2
Max Payne $3
Dead to Rights $3
Buffy the Vampire Slayer $4
Hitman Contracts $5
Dead or Alive 3 $5
Grand Theft Auto 3 $5
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time $8
The Punisher $8
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (my second favorite game) $8
Manhunt $8
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City $10
Burnout 3: Takedown $10

I've seen almost all of these at my nearby Gamestop recently, so unless my nearby Gamestop is a rarity these games should be easy to find. Xbox is easily the best system for great cheap games!

WTF at Penguinmaster's list. Indiana Jones jumped up to $8 when it was $5 a few weeks ago, same goes for Star Wars Battlefront. And Freedom Fighters isn't BC? I'm glad I picked Indiana Jones at Game Crazy's B2G1 Xbox sale last month since it went up in price.

[quote name='phear3d']jet set radio future
panzer dragoon orta
crimson skies
phantom dust
air force delta
baldur's gate 1 & 2
silent scope complete
futurama
silent hill 2, 3 & 4
fatal frame 1 & 2
marvel vs. capcom 2 (if you have the money and IF they have it)
sf anniversary collection
house of the dead 3

are any of those bc for 360?

[quote name='livegamer101']
jet set radio future- yes
panzer dragoon orta- yes
crimson skies- yes
phantom dust- yes
air force delta- yes
baldur's gate 1 & 2- Baldur's Gate 2, yes/ Baldur's Gate 1- no
silent scope complete- no
futurama-yes
silent hill 2, 3 & 4- Silent Hill 2 & 4- yes/ Silent Hill 3 was not released on Xbox
fatal frame 1 & 2- yes to both
marvel vs. capcom 2- yes
sf anniversary collection- yes
house of the dead 3-yes

are any of those bc for 360?[/quote]

Answered

Bookmark this following link, so you don't have to ask anymore.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

Dammit, I've just gotten Stubbs the Zombie, Warriors and Fallout:Brotherhood of Steel for Xbox in the past week before I knew about this because I thought they had become too rare and I should get them before they disappear forever!

Now I guess I have to find 3 more games to buy before all the Xbox games are just thrown away to maintain a false inflated value in the market.

I might get Timesplitters Future Perfect, Advent Rising and Call of Cthullu or XMen Legends 2- anyone have any experience with these? I'd get them if I can find them. There's only about 10 more Xbox games on my list to get for a full 100 this generation so I may as well get them in this sale, who knows if it will be the last. I really want the HitMan Blood Money and Splinter Cell Double Agent but they're still going for $30 which is ridiculous.

[quote name='Quintox']So you just print it off and that's it?[/QUOTE]

Yup, just bring it in and they'll scan it. Some have had problems due to poor quality of the barcode. And you can use your Edge card if you have one.

Anyone else notice that Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is now $79.99 @ gamestop.com - USED!!! If someone has that much of a hard-on for it, it is available to be ordered now from their website. I remember passing by on this in the clearance bins for under $10; I'll chock that up to a rookie mistake on my part.

Picked up some games for my brother-in-law from the sale:

Burnout 3 takedown
Mercenaries
Midnight Club 3 Dub edition remix
Forza Motorsport
Ghost Recon 2
Flatout 2
Tiger Woods 2005
Need for Speed Underground 2
ESPN NFL 2K5 (best football game on the original xbox - Madden can hug a nut :booty: )

and for myself:

panzer dragoon orta

The lady at the store tried to get the coupon to work with a DS game thrown in the mix, but it just didn't work (I didn't ask her to try, she did so on her own).

Not a bad score for $65.63 (after edge card and coupon, but before tax) for some good games; I'm a very happy monkey. :bouncy:

Jealous of my brother-in-law now; he's in his teens and a helluva setup of games to get dumped are going to be dropped off on his doorstop by USPS!

Ugh. God dammit. It was bad enough the Xbox version was $69.99, now it's exactly the same price as the PlayStation 2 version.

Will somebody PLEASE tell GameStop to stop looking at fucking eBay?

[quote name='Tsukento']Ugh. God dammit. It was bad enough the Xbox version was $69.99, now it's exactly the same price as the PlayStation 2 version.

Will somebody PLEASE tell GameStop to stop looking at fucking eBay?[/quote]

did you already see electroplankton bump up to 34.99? eek i hope something nintendo is next but not buy 2 get 1 free on gba!

I noticed the electroplankton price at gamestop.com on Monday - made a mental note to myself saying, "this sucks" and decided if I ever really want the game I'll pick up the japanese version and move on.

[quote name='monkeydeew']did you already see electroplankton bump up to 34.99? eek i hope something nintendo is next but not buy 2 get 1 free on gba![/quote]
Yeah, that's ridiculous but it kinda makes sense considering the game WAS only made available to buy through Nintendo's online store. Marvel vs Capcom 2 was made widely available. It's just simply out of print.

bread's done
Back