B2G1 Used Games & Accessories at Gamestop this weekend - 12/10-12/13

ZeroGS

CAG Veteran
Giving you guys a heads up, Buy two & get one free on USED games and accessories at Gamestop this weekend starting Thursday. Enjoy and for GS employees, this DOES NOT chain with your extra 10% this weekend for employee appreciation.

Have fun!

Use coupon code B2G1FREE to get the deal online:http://www.gamestop.com/preowned

Last edited by a moderator:
That is pointless almost to us GS employees. Why have a B2G1 the same weekend as employee appreciation? And, we get paid minimum wage. I got paid more 2.5 years ago starting out at Dairy Queen. After my first "raise" at GS I still get paid less.

/rant

[quote name='slimin1122']That is pointless almost to us GS employees. Why have a B2G1 the same weekend as employee appreciation? And, we get paid minimum wage. I got paid more 2.5 years ago starting out at Dairy Queen. After my first "raise" at GS I still get paid less.

/rant[/QUOTE]

Sucks to be a GS employee I guess. But at least you're employed ;P

[quote name='Morphx2']Ug, I just bought used Valkayria Chronicles on Sunday :\[/QUOTE]

Return it. You have 7 days to return used games, no questions asked. I would just bring it to the store with you, look around for 2 more games you want, then return and rebuy with promotion. That's what I always do, and generally how most people do it.

Yeah, but I just started the game and wont finish it in time :(

Oh, return and rebuy. That sounds kinda shady though :whistle2:\

Maybe return it and come back next day and buy it

[quote name='Squarehard']Return it. You have 7 days to return used games, no questions asked. I would just bring it to the store with you, look around for 2 more games you want, then return and rebuy with promotion. That's what I always do, and generally how most people do it.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't returns be extended right now with Christmas coming up? Last year it was till like middle of January everywhere

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Wouldn't returns be extended right now with Christmas coming up? Last year it was till like middle of January everywhere[/QUOTE]

I know that's true for new, but I'm not sure if that effects used games.

[quote name='Squarehard']I know that's true for new, but I'm not sure if that effects used games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah im looking at a GS receipt right now, and it says:

"Unopened purchases made between 10/15/09 and 12/24/09 may be returned with a receipt through 1/15/10."

I just purchased Tales of Symphonia and Shadow Hearts on the 4th so I'm most likely gonna do the return and buy again with a 3rd, and pick up another 3 games :D
What a nice present for myself.

Sounds like a great time to pick up Battlefield Bad Company! I've been holding off WAY too long for that..

Except Winter Formal is this Friday and I have to pay for my date's dinner at the Cheesecake Factor - DOH!

Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='JaxMoney']They need to do B2G1 free on NEW games already... their prices are already high as is. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Why would they do it on New when they can make a much much higher profit on just selling used?

Hmm...I scored Assassin's Creed 2, Borderlands and Modern Warfare 2 last B2G1F...can't really think of anything I want that I don't have yet...:whistle2:k

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Hmm...I scored Assassin's Creed 2, Borderlands and Modern Warfare 2 last B2G1F...can't really think of anything I want that I don't have yet...:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

did you get those in-store or online?
pretty nice haul either way.

I'm doubting this is happening. The OP hasn't even said that they heard it from anyone who worked at GS or that they themselves are a manager. In top of that, it has only been two weeks since the last B2G1. If they do one in December, it will be the weekend before Christmas, but odds are they will have another in late January or February. Don't get your hopes up for nothing.

Not crying foul, but I am quite certain I would know about this if it were true and I do not.

Great...just great.

Got a PS3 on Black Friday, a nearly new DS today, a few PS3 games over the past couple of days....now this.

My wallet hates this time of year. :lol: Although most of the Gamestops I've seen looked pretty bare-bones after Black Friday for all the systems I have (360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP & PS2, etc).

this is a great deal as i'm still waiting for a toys'r'us b2g1 deal. the problem with this particular deal is that it's based on used games. this means that it's based on what returns the customers have made from purchasing new games. so at times you'll be stuck with game selections that are not good and you either take it or leave it or deal with the hassle, things that most of us don't want to deal with.

I can't really think of games that I want but I'm so bored ATM, I want some nice cheap games jsut to get me through the month..

All I can think of is Rock Stars Table Tennis but can't think of anything else :(

It might be true, but the last two years they've had B2G1 the weekend after Christmas. If that stays the same, I can't see this happening this weekend.

[quote name='momouchi']I'm doubting this is happening. The OP hasn't even said that they heard it from anyone who worked at GS or that they themselves are a manager. In top of that, it has only been two weeks since the last B2G1. If they do one in December, it will be the weekend before Christmas, but odds are they will have another in late January or February. Don't get your hopes up for nothing.[/QUOTE]

I "know someone" :roll: at Gamestop and "that persons" :lol: manager was complaining about having to put up the signage up tonight. So yea, I'm pretty sure. Also, don't doubt the one B2G1 on the weekend of Christmas. Last year, it was the third busiest sales weekend in GS history.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZeroGS']I "know someone" :roll: at Gamestop and "that persons" :lol: manager was complaining about having to put up the signage up tonight. I even checked because it's usual that it's starting on a Thursday morning. So yea, I'm pretty sure. Also, don't doubt the one B2G1 on the weekend of Christmas. Last year, it was the third busiest sales weekend in GS history.[/QUOTE]

I would know if this were happening and it just ain't so. Unless for some reason that particular store is doing it and none of the others are. Sometimes new stores do it when others are not.

If this is true its news to my brother he works at GS and I just gave him a call asking him to hold a few games for me till I could get in on Saturday and he had no idea about any sale. So ya unless its location specific, but with a corporation like GS I'm not thinking so.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']this is a great deal as i'm still waiting for a toys'r'us b2g1 deal.[/QUOTE]
??? The TRU B2G1 deal happened in like October.

[quote name='MarkTheArk']Can anyone tell me if the extra stuff in LBP GOTY is included on the disc? If so I can pick that up used..[/QUOTE]

yes it is

Returning/Rebuying my LBP:GotY and then getting Killzone 2 again...And CoD:MW2 again...God damn expenses!

Thank you guys so much for the heads up...I'll likely hassle them sometime today.

Also, according to the other thread on here that was just posted, it starts at 7PM today.(at least, it's Thursday where I am:p)

May take advantage of this deal this time around. May grab a game for my brother for Christmas, then 2 games for myself. Need some stuff for my new PS3 that I will be getting. I should also show my Wii some love.

I just bought half a dozen games within the last couple days not knowing there would be a b2g1f. Can I return them and rebuy. It has been less than a week

this is going to work out great for me..found a bunch of Wii games that look decent for $11.99. Gotta make sure I get 'em before other people grab them!!

Also, is the sale live all day in stores on Thursday, or only after a certain time?

[quote name='Rhippo']If this is true its news to my brother he works at GS and I just gave him a call asking him to hold a few games for me till I could get in on Saturday and he had no idea about any sale. So ya unless its location specific, but with a corporation like GS I'm not thinking so.[/QUOTE]
It depends on what time they got the email and if your brother got a chance to read it.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']CAG knows more about GameStop than GameStop knows about themselves.[/QUOTE]
This happens all the time because most of the CSR don't have time to read the store emails that let them know of up coming promos. Trust me I've had many times where I knew about promos from here before the employees at the store knew. That is sad but that is how GS works.

[quote name='Freeisgood']I just bought half a dozen games within the last couple days not knowing there would be a b2g1f. Can I return them and rebuy. It has been less than a week[/QUOTE]

i think GS is running a one month return-period because of holiday season. Just bring the games and receipt back to gs and return rebuy them.

Freeisgood the sale doesn't start until 7pm and as long as you are within the 7 days you can do that but they will more than likely hassle you about it.

Be prepared for possible hassles doing a return and rebuy. It all depends on the store manager to approve, or an understanding underling.

For some reason they like to scare you with it being illegal. I'd like them to cite such a law, but whatevs.

bread's done
Back