B2G1 Used Games & Accessories at Gamestop this weekend - 12/10-12/13

ZeroGS

CAG Veteran
Giving you guys a heads up, Buy two & get one free on USED games and accessories at Gamestop this weekend starting Thursday. Enjoy and for GS employees, this DOES NOT chain with your extra 10% this weekend for employee appreciation.

Have fun!

Use coupon code B2G1FREE to get the deal online:http://www.gamestop.com/preowned

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Hibiwa']Be prepared for possible hassles doing a return and rebuy. It all depends on the store manager to approve, or an understanding underling.

For some reason they like to scare you with it being illegal. I'd like them to cite such a law, but whatevs.[/QUOTE]
Thats when I ask for their name and that I will be calling the BBB. If I bought the games within the last 7 days unaware of an upcoming sale I have every right to return and rebuy. Then they do it.:applause:

Saw killzone is 29.99 through tonite as well is WAW COD
Is Killzone worth it? Ive heard its more realistic and as such more difficult.

[quote name='Freeisgood']Saw killzone is 29.99 through tonite as well is WAW COD
Is Killzone worth it? Ive heard its more realistic and as such more difficult.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to complete the story mode, because MP was so addictive, but not only is it a fantastic looking game, its a great playing game once you get the hang of the controls. If you play a lot of COD and you decide to get it, controller setup Alt 2 is the closest to COD. :)

I'm stopping by my local GS tomorrow morning to switch a preorder, so I'm going to pick up Madden, UFC and Hot Shots Golf for Christmas. Yay me!

[quote name='Freeisgood']Saw killzone is 29.99 through tonite as well is WAW COD
Is Killzone worth it? Ive heard its more realistic and as such more difficult.[/QUOTE]

Killzone is worth it and I don't think will ever get lower than $25 used, retail for GH eidition will be $30 soon enough..yeah the game is freaking intense, but not too hard. I couldn't get past the second level of the first one, but made it half way through this with ease. You'll die a lot, but spawn relatively close to that area and give it another go. and yeah, the MP aspect is fun, but I enjoyed Resistance 2 MP over it...

and imo, COD WAW for $30 isn't good.. its gotta drop to $20 used soon, maybe by Feb..

Bah... another B2G1F? All 5 of my GSes were wiped clean after last time. There's still that BlazBlue LE sitting there but there aren't any $40 games I want.

Anybody head down to their stores yet and pick anything up with this sale yet? I like looking at people's choices as it sometimes gives me ideas.

^^supposedly 7pm, but in previous threads, sometimes says 8pm, either way, I think you'll be good until tomorrow..or go there and stash today!

[quote name='Freeisgood']Thats when I ask for their name and that I will be calling the BBB. If I bought the games within the last 7 days unaware of an upcoming sale I have every right to return and rebuy. Then they do it.:applause:[/QUOTE]

The Better Business Bureau is a joke. Unless a company pays fees to be an accredited member, then reporting them to the BBB will have no real effect on a business, especially in a case like this where company policies are brought into question. I cannot even begin to tell you the amount of times someone threatened to call the BBB on me because of a policy my company has.

Despite all this, Gamestop has no policy regarding returning a product within the 7 day period to return and rebuy. I have done it several times and several different locations.

The Gamestop in JC, New Jersey said that it was to be 7pm, but he just got word that they can start at 3pm.

Except for the last part on the receipt that basically says FU if they really wanted to.

"We reserve the right to refuse any return and to require tha certain items be returned to the manufacturer."

[quote name='TheLastGunslinger']Hmmm, I'm considering picking up Blazblue. Any CAG members recommend it?[/QUOTE]

Lots of people seemed to love it, as did the reviewers but I just couldn't get into it. If you don't already own Street Fighter 4 or Soul Calibur 4 then go for those instead.

BlazBlue is good if you like 2D fighters and anime style. Haven't played much, but I like it. The cacophony when they start talking over each other can be a bit much.

There's supposed to be a new one that will be out with additional characters.

So:
NBA 2k10
Dragon Age
CoD4: MW2
for $110 minus 10%+10% tax? And then sell CoD4, so the games would be ~70?
That's good enough for me. I think. Maybe. ...

I plan on trading in a few PS3 games with the coupon, and am looking to get..
-Bionic Commando-360 (I have rearmed for 360 so might as well get the unlockables)
- Jean D'Arc-PSP
-Sid Meirs Pirates-PSP
If my store doesn't have those PSP games then my backups are...
-Namco Museum Collection PSP
-Capcom Classics Remixed- (for Black Tiger)
-Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow (heard nothing but greatness about this game)

If I had a choice between Assasins Creed II or Borderlands(I like both genres and would enjoy both Iam sure) what would you recemmend.
Right now Ive got on hold at gamestop
ACII
COD MW2
Borderlands
Bakugan(for my son) which I need as a present -so I need to choose between others for b2g1f

[quote name='token2k6']

and imo, COD WAW for $30 isn't good.. its gotta drop to $20 used soon, maybe by Feb..[/QUOTE]

I disagree, arguably a better single, co-op & multilayer than either MW games.
There is a reason that it has been going for $50 used for nearly a year.

[quote name='Freeisgood']If I had a choice between Assasins Creed II or Borderlands(I like both genres and would enjoy both Iam sure) what would you recemmend.
ACII
COD MW2
Borderlands
Bakugan(for my son) which I need as a present -so I need to choose between others for b2g1f[/QUOTE]

Drop MW2 and get ACII and Borderlands. MW2 is nowhere near as good as MW. The campaign was great and all, but the online is a bunch of pricks running around with Akimbo Model 1887s. If you don't know what that is, it's dual wielding shotguns that have the range of an assault rifle. It's either that or people Javelin glitching. I say you give this online about 2-3 months for all these little kiddies who love ruining games to be weeded out and then it'll become a good multiplayer game.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Drop MW2 and get ACII and Borderlands. MW2 is nowhere near as good as MW. The campaign was great and all, but the online is a bunch of pricks running around with Akimbo Model 1887s. If you don't know what that is, it's dual wielding shotguns that have the range of an assault rifle. It's either that or people Javelin glitching. I say you give this online about 2-3 months for all these little kiddies who love ruining games to be weeded out and then it'll become a good multiplayer game.[/QUOTE]

I'm not one for shooters, especially ones with people playing cheaply online, so I agree with this. Besides, Borderlands has tonsssssss of replay value and Assassin's Creed 2 is just a badass game.

the other trifecta im gonna get is killzone II, Resistance 2 and COD WAW. what are your thoughts and if I have to sacrifice one of those which two should I go for? Thanks for the help!

[quote name='Freeisgood']If I had a choice between Assasins Creed II or Borderlands(I like both genres and would enjoy both Iam sure) what would you recemmend.
ACII
COD MW2
Borderlands
Bakugan(for my son) which I need as a present -so I need to choose between others for b2g1f[/QUOTE]

I highly recommend Borderlands it has a ton of replay value and is one of my favorite games of the year.

[quote name='Freeisgood']the other trifecta im gonna get is killzone II, Resistance 2 and COD WAW. what are your thoughts and if I have to sacrifice one of those which two should I go for? Thanks for the help![/QUOTE]

Right now those are all $30 each and plenty of them in stock.

[quote name='killer9']Dont listen to ^ him he whines about the 1887 but mw2 is great if you have skill[/QUOTE]
It is a lot of fun to play with friends but honestly duel 1887 is m16 red dot from COD4 they way over used.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']CAG knows more about GameStop than GameStop knows about themselves.[/QUOTE]
This is so very very true. My brother called me today after he got to work to discover that the promo was the real deal. I guess I shouldn't be suprised though I have worked retail before and the employees are always the last ones to know anything. Too bad they have notrhing decent in stock at his store...

It's YMMV at 3, but the computers will automatically apply the deal starting at 7. It's probably not worth the hassle to go early, IMO, since the employees with have to manually adjust it until then.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']It's YMMV at 3, but the computers will automatically apply the deal starting at 7. It's probably not worth the hassle to go early, IMO, since the employees with have to manually adjust it until then.[/QUOTE]
Found this
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/
So now we have proof, it starts today at 7PM and if you buy online, don't forget to use SAVER and B2G1FREE

[quote name='DarkRider23']Drop MW2 and get ACII and Borderlands. MW2 is nowhere near as good as MW. The campaign was great and all, but the online is a bunch of pricks running around with Akimbo Model 1887s. If you don't know what that is, it's dual wielding shotguns that have the range of an assault rifle. It's either that or people Javelin glitching. I say you give this online about 2-3 months for all these little kiddies who love ruining games to be weeded out and then it'll become a good multiplayer game.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, there are probably plenty of ways to deal with that stuff.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Seriously, there are probably plenty of ways to deal with that stuff.[/QUOTE]

Go wide around corners and avoid most doorways. It sucks, but you feel soooooo good when you knife one from behind.

Can I buy 3 MW2 if they have them in stock? (I need three because I own a gaming center in Mexico.) or do they have to be different titles?

[quote name='Fred87nc']Can I buy 3 MW2 if they have them in stock? (I need three because I own a gaming center in Mexico.) or do they have to be different titles?[/QUOTE]
yeah, you can

[quote name='Fred87nc']Can I buy 3 MW2 if they have them in stock? (I need three because I own a gaming center in Mexico.) or do they have to be different titles?[/QUOTE]

No, you cannot. No store is going to have 3 of those sitting on the same shelf in the middle of a B2G1. My 6 local stores have none in stock. Good luck with that.

[quote name='advanced']Go wide around corners and avoid most doorways. It sucks, but you feel soooooo good when you knife one from behind.[/QUOTE]

This sounds like a good plan to me, then I realized you must be talking about a game.

So yeah I was wrong. I found out this morning it was scheduled to start at 7pm
Thursday night and they bumped it to 3pm Thursday afternoon.

To the cag who called a certain gamestop and had an employee tell you he was a fellow cager and the deal was bullshit, he sends his apologies. That employee found out after you called him that the deal was going live. :oops: I know this could apply to a lot of people but I think you know who you are. Lovely when customers find out about deals sometimes before employees isn't it!! Shoot me a PM.

[quote name='gordojones88']No, you cannot. No store is going to have 3 of those sitting on the same shelf in the middle of a B2G1. My 6 local stores have none in stock. Good luck with that.[/QUOTE]
But he could, worst comes to worse he could buy one copy from 3 stores and return/rebuy. A lot of stores near me have copies.

Thinking about Lego Indy 2, Star Ocean & Episodes from Liberty City.

Hmm, with 50+ games sitting on my shelf now, do I pull the trigger?

bread's done
Back