B2G1 Used Games & Accessories at Gamestop this weekend - 12/10-12/13

ZeroGS

CAG Veteran
Giving you guys a heads up, Buy two & get one free on USED games and accessories at Gamestop this weekend starting Thursday. Enjoy and for GS employees, this DOES NOT chain with your extra 10% this weekend for employee appreciation.

Have fun!

Use coupon code B2G1FREE to get the deal online:http://www.gamestop.com/preowned

Last edited by a moderator:
so to my surprise, upon going from HWV to GS for some tradeins, the guy there was hanging up the banne for b2g1 free :D

picked up Riddick, FEAR2 and Pure for 30ish credit, (like 5 dollars cash)

From what I hear the POS at many stores was not doing the promo automatically. This means if they did not get the memo that they were supposed to be doing b2g1 that they wouldn't know about this deal. I suspect a case of employees not checking up on things in stores that don't know about it.

Went today, I asked and they said it started this morning. It didn't right through in the POS correctly though so they just changed the lowest price one to 0 manually.

Obligatory:
Heavenly Sword - $29.99
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - $26.99
Resistance - FREE

Called up my local GS here in California, asked about the B2G1 deal, he said "Uuuuh, no we don't have a deal like that right now."

I go anyway, and loiter around the counter for 20 minutes reading the weekly ads. I overhear the manager say to an employee "Remember the confidential thing? Hush-hush alright. 7 pm, and just flip those signs around when it's time."

I exit with a smirk on my face.

[quote name='riptidewahoo']GS store pricing is all higher than website... they just lost me as a customer.[/QUOTE]

It clearly says 'Online Price Only'. Store pricing is not higher. Online prices have been lowered.

[quote name='killer9']technically there stores go by central time and its 7 40 pm here[/QUOTE]

C'mon. How many stores and sites actually go by Central time?! Usually only Pacific or Eastern.

[quote name='dann']I go anyway, and loiter around the counter for 20 minutes reading the weekly ads.[/QUOTE]

You hung out at a GameStop for 20 minutes?

[quote name='dann']
I go anyway, and loiter around the counter for 20 minutes reading the weekly ads.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kodave']You hung out at a GameStop for 20 minutes?[/QUOTE]

I can believe hanging out at Gamestop for 20 minutes, but who spends 20 minutes reading the weekly ad.... :booty:

I didn't spend the WHOLE twenty minutes reading the ads lol.

Most of my time was spent browsing through the used games. I just gradually made my way to the counter with the ads. Hahaha.

Damn, I HATE how they put those stupid gameplay videos on DS game pages, and dont allow you to search for used copies...almost every recent DS game has that crap now...I really dont feel like a hearing a bunch of condascending nonsense about it being impossible for there to be any used copies of zelda spirit tracks...like no one ever has buyers remorse and immediately trades in a game.

Went and got:

Uncharted Drake's Fortune
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion Game of the Year Edition (FREE)

I just got a PS3 and am looking for a few fairly cheap games. The only game I have so far is GTA IV. What does everyone think about Oblivion GOTY edition, MGS 4, and Uncharted 1? All were $26.99 at my Gamestop the other day so I think I'll pick them up unless someone has better suggestions.

[quote name='dbmottle']I just got a PS3 and am looking for a few fairly cheap games. The only game I have so far is GTA IV. What does everyone think about Oblivion GOTY edition, MGS 4, and Uncharted 1? All were $26.99 at my Gamestop the other day so I think I'll pick them up unless someone has better suggestions.[/QUOTE]

Those are ALL great games with great reviews. Have only personally played Oblivion. I finished the game. And thats rare, me finishing a game. So you know its pretty good ;)

Im wondering what I should get during this promotion. Im planning to get Gran Turismo 5 Prologue for my bro (who has a PS3) and Fable 2 for myself. What should I get with those 2 that's around that price?

[quote name='dbmottle']I just got a PS3 and am looking for a few fairly cheap games. The only game I have so far is GTA IV. What does everyone think about Oblivion GOTY edition, MGS 4, and Uncharted 1? All were $26.99 at my Gamestop the other day so I think I'll pick them up unless someone has better suggestions.[/QUOTE]
i know i'm in the minority here, but i don't think mgs4 lives up to the hype and high review scores. i only played through act 3, but it just seemed like i spent way more time watching cut scenes than playing.

i played through uncharted 1, and loved it. that would be a great pick up.

Bought a used DJ Hero in the box for $59.99, Modern Warefare 2, and Left 4 Dead 2. Later I traded in Left 4 Dead 2 and Modern Warefare 2 for $78 (30+30+EDGE+Bonus). So I got DJ hero for $32 in store credit. I literally have every single $54.99 game and $49.99 game for the ps3, 360, and wii. Otherwise I would have just kept all 3 games.

For some reason they refuse to stack the used game of the week into this deal. Tried to get killzone to at $29.99 (which is the used deal of the week ending tomorrow) and they refused to put it into the b2g1 for that price... kind of weird.

Yeah I kicked myself in the head for missing GTA for 10 dollars on BF when I picked up my PS3 Slim Bundle at Walmart. Damn.

All of those are great games. Oblivion you can sink so much time into...I have probably 60 hours....I have friends with 150. MGS 4 is my favorite game of all time...I thought it was incredible. Uncharted is a very good solid action/adventure game. Those are three good choices.

[quote name='leung19']Help please... In search of GOOD game that is 19.99 or under for either xbox360, PSP, wii or PS2

thanks[/QUOTE]

Good Luck, everything is vastly over-priced in Gamestop compared to anywhere online.

bread's done
Back