B2G1 Used Games & Accessories at Gamestop this weekend - 12/10-12/13

ZeroGS

CAG Veteran
Giving you guys a heads up, Buy two & get one free on USED games and accessories at Gamestop this weekend starting Thursday. Enjoy and for GS employees, this DOES NOT chain with your extra 10% this weekend for employee appreciation.

Have fun!

Use coupon code B2G1FREE to get the deal online:http://www.gamestop.com/preowned

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally picked up:

Assassin's Creed 2 (360)
Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3)
Borderlands

exchanged Borderlands at another GS for the Uncharted 2 i wanted and traded in both AC2s for $84.

just gotta say thx to salazarmark for posting about what he did cuz i did the same thing just with two copies of AC2 instead of a copy of MW2

woo hoo; I just purchased a used PS3 Tony Hawk Ride and DJ Hero last Sunday, then come to find out they are doing the B2G1 again this week. Just went back in with my reciept, and came out with a free copy of Ass. Creed II!

Not too shabby for $106.

[quote name='sgaldis']woo hoo; I just purchased a used PS3 Tony Hawk Ride and DJ Hero last Sunday, then come to find out they are doing the B2G1 again this week. Just went back in with my reciept, and came out with a free copy of Ass. Creed II!

Not too shabby for $106.[/QUOTE]

Ass. Creed .... made me chuckle

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']Finally picked up:

Assassin's Creed 2 (360)
Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3)
Borderlands

exchanged Borderlands at another GS for the Uncharted 2 i wanted and traded in both AC2s for $84.

just gotta say thx to salazarmark for posting about what he did cuz i did the same thing just with two copies of AC2 instead of a copy of MW2[/QUOTE]

So you just walked into another GS with AC2 and asked for an exchange? No questions asked about what game being free and all that?

I wanna do this for Uncharted 2, AC2, and LBP GOTY.

[quote name='dominator']Also, the cashier told me that if I didn't like any of the games I can return any of them for full price until Jan. 15.[/QUOTE]

Is this true? Wow, can probably pick up 3 games to complete in 4.5 weeks and return them all. I'll be looking into that too.

Hah, somebody at my Gamestop screwed up when checking me out.

Brutal Legend: 49.49
Borderlands: 0.00
Assassins Creed 2: 0.00
Folklore: 17.99
Mirror's Edge: 0.00
Dead Space: 0.00

I guess he thought they had to manually enter in the promotion, but the computer automatically did it anyway. 6 awesome games for 69 bucks is ridiculous.

[quote name='DrAndonuts']Hah, somebody at my Gamestop screwed up when checking me out.

I guess he thought they had to manually enter in the promotion, but the computer automatically did it anyway. 6 awesome games for 69 bucks is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

wth. you got four free games? talk about a royal screwup o_O

When I was returning a GameStop branded Gamecube controller, I found a wavebird today. Grabbed that, Dead Rising and Animal Crossing: City Folk for $7 out of pocket and $6 in credit that I forgot I had

[quote name='DrAndonuts']Hah, somebody at my Gamestop screwed up when checking me out.

I guess he thought they had to manually enter in the promotion, but the computer automatically did it anyway. 6 awesome games for 69 bucks is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]
damn.. you are so lucky!

picked up DJ Hero for $60 but didn't find any good dirt cheap games.. I want Rockstar presents Table Tennis but couldn't find another cheap decent game.

Hmm I talked to a GS associate earlier and he said that the sale won't end today. Is this for real or YMMV? Can anyone confirm? Btw he looks like a new seasonal clueless employee.

...Holy crap man.

[quote name='salazarmark']Hmm I talked to a GS associate earlier and he said that the sale won't end today. Is this for real or YMMV? Can anyone confirm? Btw he looks like a new seasonal clueless employee.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop b2g1 have always ended Sunday night as far as I can remember.

I am a weak, weak person.

Ghostbusters (360): $26.99
Lost Odyssey (360): $26.99
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume (DS): $0

Dragon Age: Origins (360): $54.99
Magna Carta 2 (360): $54.99
Halo: ODST (360): $0

I wasn't really all that interested in ODST, but I was hoping that I could find a copy of Assassin's Creed 2 at a different GS and make a happy, happy trade. Alas, no such luck. Perhaps I will play through the campaign and then send it off to Craigslist.

Wow, someone fucked up big time.

I love confusing the heck out of the GS staff. Had ~$30 in credit and wanted Dragon Age for PS3. Found a store that had the LE version and used the +30% credit w/EDGE (for 40%) to trade in AC2 and Borderlands (netting me ~$75 credit). Then re-bought them both back and got DAO free and only net me the $30 credit I had originally. They do tend to look at you kind of funny when you say you want to buy your games back right away, but it all works out. heh

I was also told that the B2G1 Free Sale would be extended through this week by a Gamestop Assoc. Last Year in my area, they opened a new location and they did the b2g1 free for 2 weeks straight. has any1 else heard anything about the sale still being available on Monday Dec 14th? thx, Neo

the GS i went to told me the sale ends today. I found the 2 copies of AC2 i need but not the UC2 i wanted at first, so I started to walk out, and the worker told me u should just get something as a place holder as the sale ends today and u can just exchange it whenever there is a used copy of UC2

[quote name='kart007k']nope, but you they might do another one after new years.[/QUOTE]

This is what I am hoping since I want AC2 and I think I'm getting a DS for Christmas, so many games on that to buy too.

is this dead? i am trying to checkout online and i get an error that B2G1FREE cant be used with any other promos, i have no other promos.

:ps2: Tales of The Abyss 29.99
:psp: Class of Heroes 29.99
:ps2: Eternal Poison FREE

:ds: Rune Factory 2 17.99
:360: Dead Space 17.99
:ps2: Shadow of The Colossus FREE (freaking BL case, GH disc :bomb: oh well going back for Valkyrie Profile 2 Tomorrow)

:ds: Resident Evil: Deadly Silence 14.99
:ps2: Gran Turismo 4 9.99
:ds: Contact FREE

Thanks OP i landed Little Big Planet (Goty was sold out @ my store D:), Animal crossing city folk, and warioware smooth moves.

[quote name='Marat']is this dead? i am trying to checkout online and i get an error that B2G1FREE cant be used with any other promos, i have no other promos.[/QUOTE]

GS Web site says deal expires today (Monday) at 11 a.m. CST, so it should still be working.

[quote name='denshaotoko']went the CHEAP mode:

Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ
Quick Yoga Training
Prey
$7.77 :)[/QUOTE]

I was planning on doing the same thing but the GS where I found LRRHZBBQ didn't have anything else decent in the same price range. I can't complain about that game for $3.59, though.

I ended up switching KZ2 out for GTA: Episodes from Liberty City after I couldn't find LBP PSP used. So I ended up with:

Batman: Arkham Asylum
GTA: Episodes from Liberty City
Star Wars: Clone Wars Republic Heroes

[quote name='jetsaredim']I love confusing the heck out of the GS staff. Had ~$30 in credit and wanted Dragon Age for PS3. Found a store that had the LE version and used the +30% credit w/EDGE (for 40%) to trade in AC2 and Borderlands (netting me ~$75 credit). Then re-bought them both back and got DAO free and only net me the $30 credit I had originally. They do tend to look at you kind of funny when you say you want to buy your games back right away, but it all works out. heh[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jedik']Every GS allows you to buy games you JUST traded in or is this extremely YMMV?[/QUOTE]
LOL! It's probably YMMV depending on the employee.

I think it's better to buy it in one store then trade it in another, gamestop is like a virus, they're everywhere anyway. It will also save you the whispers and gossips by employees who recognize you. Remember their policy "Trades are subject to manager approval" you don't really want them to know face to face that you're blatantly gaming the system.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']Finally picked up:

Assassin's Creed 2 (360)
Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3)
Borderlands

just gotta say thx to salazarmark for posting about what he did cuz i did the same thing just with two copies of AC2 instead of a copy of MW2[/QUOTE]
You're welcome dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question. I know we had a B2G1 free deal around thanksgiving, and one just ended, but doesn't game stop tend to do another after Christmas - in early January? I'm curious because I know Batman AA just dropped to $35 used and I am trying to plan accordingly to get that, Blaz Blue, and something else as part of the B2G1 deal. I believe they ran Thanksgiving, mid-December, and early January last year. Any expertise would be greatly appreciated.

bread's done
Back