Babysitting Mama - $29.99 @ Best Buy & Amazon (FSSS)

[quote name='spmahn']Isn't there anything better you can get for your daughters that doesn't involve supporting this shovelware garbage?[/QUOTE]

I am typically choosy when it comes to buying games for the kids and making sure I'm not getting them complete garbage. However, when your kids really want something, you have to cave sometimes. There was no way I was gonna pay $50 for it, not even $40. $30 I can justify.

They're by no means spoiled, but I'd rather get them something I know they want. As a 28 year old gamer, I'm obviously going to have different tastes in games than 5 and 8 year old girls.

412kLVBBWkL._AA300_.jpg

[quote name='spmahn']Isn't there anything better you can get for your daughters that doesn't involve supporting this shovelware garbage?[/QUOTE]

Shovelware, I don't think this word means what you think it means.

It's not my cup of tea but the kids like it. It's gotten some good reviews.

[quote name='KemperJones']I am typically choosy when it comes to buying games for the kids and making sure I'm not getting them complete garbage. However, when your kids really want something, you have to cave sometimes. There was no way I was gonna pay $50 for it, not even $40. $30 I can justify.

They're by no means spoiled, but I'd rather get them something I know they want. As a 28 year old gamer, I'm obviously going to have different tastes in games than 5 and 8 year old girls.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. Before you judge, get some kids. You'll buy shit you couldn't even imagine :)

Besides, Majesco can usually turn out something that's half-way decent, even when it shouldn't be. This is Majesco's grab for their own "My Baby' game after SouthPeak stole Noblis' intellectual property back. Empires have been built on far less, and the My Baby and Cooking Mama game series have probably paid for more Ferrari's then you can ever imagine. Wish I was smart enough to sell that shit.

[quote name='spmahn']Isn't there anything better you can get for your daughters that doesn't involve supporting this shovelware garbage?[/QUOTE]Not shovelware. Try again. For a better idea of shoveware check out the cheap Wii game section at Sears or Target.

[quote name='chimpmeister']
2ajca42.jpg
[/QUOTE]What, you didn't know what this thread was gonna be when you opened it? Is reading for comprehension not quite a specialty? If you think a deal isn't really a deal then fine, but noone cares about your opinion on a game. It's a $50 game for $30 making it a decent deal. There are gonna be people interested in this because they have kids who want it. If you don't care about the game, just don't bother looking at a thread which clearly concerns nothing you are interested in.

[quote name='confoosious']Shovelware, I don't think this word means what you think it means.

It's not my cup of tea but the kids like it. It's gotten some good reviews.[/QUOTE]Agreed it's not shovelware, but the initial reviews were not so good. Thought about getting it as a christmas gift for my daughters who LOVE playing with babies, but when I saw the reviews' issues with hackneyed minigames and unresponsive controls I held off. If it gets cheap enough I may go ahead, but $30 isn't quite there for me yet.

Regardless, good eye OP. Keep it up.

For reference, this was going for $100 on Amazon(3rd party) before Xmas when Amazon proper was out of stock. Guess there was a temporary shortage but people seem to have wanted it enough then.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Not shovelware. Try again. For a better idea of shoveware check out the cheap Wii game section at Sears or Target.

What, you didn't know what this thread was gonna be when you opened it? Is reading for comprehension not quite a specialty? If you think a deal isn't really a deal then fine, but noone cares about your opinion on a game. It's a $50 game for $30 making it a decent deal. There are gonna be people interested in this because they have kids who want it. If you don't care about the game, just don't bother looking at a thread which clearly concerns nothing you are interested in.

Agreed it's not shovelware, but the initial reviews were not so good. Thought about getting it as a christmas gift for my daughters who LOVE playing with babies, but when I saw the reviews' issues with hackneyed minigames and unresponsive controls I held off. If it gets cheap enough I may go ahead, but $30 isn't quite there for me yet.

Regardless, good eye OP. Keep it up.[/QUOTE]

IGN score: 4.5 (BAD)

http://wii.ign.com/articles/113/1133622p1.html

Closing comments:

Closing Comments
I rarely play games that I can’t find anything good to say about, but Babysitting Mama is one of those games. It’s boring, gimmicky, and not even that entertaining for its target audience. With so many realistic, interactive baby dolls on the market, any parents that would opt for Babysitting Mama for their daughter should have their heads examined. As for the franchise, it may be time for Mama to retire.

What, you didn't know the game was utter garbage? Yeah, really a "decent deal". This game isn't even worth $10, much less $30, even if you're an 8 year old girl . . . :roll:

I read the review when it first came out, hence the reason I never payed $50 for it. However, keep in mind that the review was written by an adult. Kids like things adults can't even fathom liking.

I know this game isn't targeted at what is obviously the normal CAG demographic, but I really wish people would chill out on this thread.

Obviously, this game isn't for everyone. If you're not interested, back off.

I do wonder how many of the people posting negatively actually have children. When you do, you'll know. I know that my niece has it, and my kids were upset when she got it for Xmas and they didn't.

[quote name='KemperJones']I read the review when it first came out, hence the reason I never payed $50 for it. However, keep in mind that the review was written by an adult. Kids like things adults can't even fathom liking.

I know this game isn't targeted at what is obviously the normal CAG demographic, but I really wish people would chill out on this thread.

Obviously, this game isn't for everyone. If you're not interested, back off.

I do wonder how many of the people posting negatively actually have children. When you do, you'll know. I know that my niece has it, and my kids were upset when she got it for Xmas and they didn't.[/QUOTE]

Well said. People like to show their ignorance in an effort to be cool. It's kinda sad.

Was deleting nearly every post really neccessary? And my deleted post had the trailer for the game, how wasn't that on topic? Because I said it looked bad? Apparently if you can't say something nice your post gets deleted, that's great.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Let's keep this thread on topic. No need to attack the game.[/QUOTE]

Well if the game is terrible I think we should attack it to keep people from getting it ;)

[quote name='Josef']Well if the game is terrible I think we should attack it to keep people from getting it ;)[/QUOTE]

This is a good point. I've saved myself some money over the years when things on CAG are attacked as awful.

But this game was being attacked cause people thought it was meant for them and it's not. Or they were just trying to be funny.

[quote name='confoosious']This is a good point. I've saved myself some money over the years when things on CAG are attacked as awful.

But this game was being attacked cause people thought it was meant for them and it's not. Or they were just trying to be funny.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. CAG's trying to be funny again. And failing miserably. Nothing new I guess.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Was deleting nearly every post really neccessary? And my deleted post had the trailer for the game, how wasn't that on topic? Because I said it looked bad? Apparently if you can't say something nice your post gets deleted, that's great.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, this is some pretty heavy-handed moderation. I also posted a link to the IGN review of the game (rating: 4.5 BAD) and the conclusion to that review; thats a legitimate thing to post about a game someone might be considering getting. I don't see how providing these kinds of information causes a problem; people should know how bad a game is before considering purchasing it, regardless of the "deal" of the game being cheaper than MSRP.

i can see why your posts were deleted.

no reason to bash the kid(this includes links to negative reviews, i guess) for posting a deal on a game.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']i can see why your posts were deleted.

no reason to bash the kid(this includes links to negative reviews, i guess) for posting a deal on a game.[/QUOTE]

I didn't "bash the kid", I simply pointed out how bad the game was. Nothing personal.

I would like real feedback from people who bought the game, not reiteration of what I can fine in a few keystrokes on the internet. That is what helps me with buying decisions.

Reviews on Amazon are reasonably positive. How could a 25 year old guy review a game aimed at 7 year old girls? I'd like to pick this up for my 6 year old daughter. Unless it's a totally dysfunctional piece of crap. I doubt there are too many dads (or moms?) with this game posting on CAG. Speak up if you're out there! Quick, before I buy it!

[quote name='ianoid']

Reviews on Amazon are reasonably positive. How could a 25 year old guy review a game aimed at 7 year old girls? I'd like to pick this up for my 6 year old daughter. Unless it's a totally dysfunctional piece of crap. I doubt there are too many dads (or moms?) with this game posting on CAG. Speak up if you're out there! Quick, before I buy it![/QUOTE]

Exactly. Unfortunately, some people with no kids or any hope of ever having kids decided they want to bash this game because it's not COD.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Was deleting nearly every post really neccessary? And my deleted post had the trailer for the game, how wasn't that on topic? Because I said it looked bad? Apparently if you can't say something nice your post gets deleted, that's great.[/QUOTE]

power trip, dog

[quote name='StripesOrBars']confoosious has 10 copies.

its his fav game.

i also bought one for my wife so she can learn how to watch my dog properly.[/QUOTE]

Someone actually married you?

This sales thread is like Groundhog's Day in that it gets wiped daily.

Staying relevant. The reviews are bad. It seems children still though enjoy it. Take it for what its worth.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']My daughter actually loves the game. I'd give it a solid 4 or 5[/QUOTE]

Out of what?

Anyway, I like Cooking Mama. It's a fun distraction. Then again, I think cooking has a more universal appeal than babysitting.

bread's done
Back