[Back at $10] Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness $5 new at EB Games. . .

damn is it really that bad?

I remember playing the first one. Which was pretty cool. Never played any others they all didnt look to be as good.

:(

5bucks for brand new ps2 game. tempting but it got such bad reveiws.

I had a feeling this was coming sooner or later.
I wanted to try this game...so I used the free shipping 15% trick and grabbed one. Thanks for the post.

Buy a cheap used game and use SAVER for free shipping and PPLAY15 for 15% off. I grabbed a $1.50 used jampack. $6.63 was the total after tax.

I almost grabbed Tomb Raider but I'm going to wait out for MVP 2003 and see if it comes back up. I'd rather have a game I want. :p

[quote name='Ivanhoe']damn is it really that bad?
5bucks for brand new ps2 game. tempting but it got such bad reveiws.[/quote]

Bad would be the ultimate understatement. It's damn near unplayable.

1. I bought this game the other day when it was posted for $9.99. Stupid that I am thought it was a good deal. Came out to $13 with tax/shipping.

2. Today it went down to $5 AND just about everyone is writing that it's not even worth that much.

Well, now I'm pissed and will have to go back and play Resident Evil Code Veronica X so I can take it out on some zombies.

Try e-mailing EB and tell them you just bought it for $9.99 and ask for a price adjustment. I think they have sometimes done that for people in the past with price drops on their site.

WTF??? I bought this game and put the disc in my PS2 and there is no playable content on it...... What???? Oh, it's supposed to be that way???? My bad. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.

Actually, I picked this up in trade for around $10 last year and played it all the way through, so I can tell you from experience that it's really not that bad. It seems to be popular now to diss this game, but most of the "professional" reviewers gave it an average score (5-8 out of 10) when it came out. Certainly, it was disappointing because more was expected of Lara's next generation debut given the delays, hype, etc. surrounding it, but this game is no Charlie's Angels or Drake of the 99 Dragons. For $5 new, it's more than worth the cash.

It's back for $9.99. They've got tons of them available. Too bad it's not at the $4.99 price. All my local stores are sold out, and you can't use the $10 rebate deal if you order online.

I received my $5 copy yesterday and played it last night. I was wide awake when I started, but after about 5 minutes, I was drifitng in and out of sleep from boredom. Even at the beginning, I felt that I was playing on a 233mhz Pentium as everything moved in slow motion (I think the rain did it). $5 is worth it to make your collection look bigger, $10 is hit or miss.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Like 4 months, this is bull. I can't believe I paid that much for this pile of crap. Jeez.[/quote]

silly mr.anderson, TR's are crap!

bread's done
Back