[Back!] GTA Double Pack Xbox $20 Gamestop

Wow! Good catch. I saw it used at Hastings tonight for $29 and I thought that was a good deal. I'll pass on this for now, though.. I already owe too much!

wonder if this is a price drop?

i already have vice city for [ps2, but the ps2 version has loads of bugs, does the xbox version have bugs?

That is a great price for a couple of great games, anyone who dosen't have them should jump on it like Boston on the Yankees

FWIW, the default control scheme on Xbox is far better than the PS2 (L trigger=brake, R trigger=accelerate). You can also use the PS2 controls if you find that uncomfortable (which it is for those who put several hundred hours into the PS2 versions).

myke

i just caved and ordered it. I figure the price drop coincides with the san andreas release, but at least gamestop has free shipping. Actually i have a feelin this will be clearanced soon at CC and BB and target.

You can not beat $20.00 for two great games. I already have these for PS2 but for 20 bones I'll give the xbox version a go. 8)

[quote name='yeldarb367']Been waiting for this. I'm hoping I can pick this up in-store though.[/quote]

Since the online store provides free shipping and doesn't charge tax, it's actually cheaper to order it online. Why would you bother with B&M in this case?

[quote name='slidecage']shipping is 4.99 so shipping isnt FREE[/quote]
(Use code FREESHIPALL for free value shipping.)

Too bad I cannot access GameStop at work ;)

It's probably a price drop before the Andreas release... the double pack was $25.xx a while back at Target... It's just another $5 off...

I'm guessing the prices at other stores will drop soon...

it wont work for me amazon wont take FREESHIPALL they are charging me 4.99 for shipping.....

you can get them used for 17.22 at Ebgames expect them to drop even more when the new one comes out

[quote name='slidecage']it wont work for me amazon wont take FREESHIPALL they are charging me 4.99 for shipping.....

you can get them used for 17.22 at Ebgames expect them to drop even more when the new one comes out[/quote]

Order from the Gamestop link in the OP.
In fact, I'll erase the amazon link right now.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='slidecage']it wont work for me amazon wont take FREESHIPALL they are charging me 4.99 for shipping.....

you can get them used for 17.22 at Ebgames expect them to drop even more when the new one comes out[/quote]

Order from the Gamestop link in the OP.
In fact, I'll erase the amazon link right now.[/quote]

:) okay got it now thanks man i feel stupid that i couldnt find the right link

[quote name='slidecage']it wont work for me amazon wont take FREESHIPALL they are charging me 4.99 for shipping.....

I think that coupon code is for the GAMESTOP site (the 2nd link posted)

Thanks for posting this. I was fighting the temptation to buy this last weekend at Wal-Mart for 29.99... but 19.99 shipped free with no tax? And new?! That's a great deal. I haven't spent much time with these games because I don't own a PS2, but I've heard you get your money's worth on play time. Anyway, I bought a copy.

Thanks again!

How does one get them for 17.22? Ebgames sells the Xbox version of Vice city used for $29.99, and the Xbox version of III used for $14.99. Even after coupon codes, that is $33.74 + tax.

why are you using amazon? the code works for me at gamestop.com.

picked one up, thanks.....i used the code and got free shipping, i dont thank there was any tax either, i believe i was billed a straight $19.99.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='slidecage']it wont work for me amazon wont take FREESHIPALL they are charging me 4.99 for shipping.....

How does one get them for 17.22? Ebgames sells the Xbox version of Vice city used for $29.99, and the Xbox version of III used for $14.99. Even after coupon codes, that is $33.74 + tax.[/quote]

sorry was using PS2 prices

I don't think this is a price drop, even with San Andreas coming out. I doubt they'd sell the games at 10 bucks a piece new. I think it's just a temporary thing.

I just picked it up in store in NYC for 19.99, I'm gonna say its definately a ymmv thing, but the manager told me that the drop was sent out to the stores nation wide yesterday.
So it may be worth a trip to the store, beats waiting even with free shipping

Pretty decent, I picked up GTA:DP for $20 from a pawn shop a while ago (and suprisingly GTA3 wasn't even opened) and for the price they're good games. A few of the gameplay mechanics bug me, but at least they improved it quite a bit over the PS2 and even PC versions (analog acceleration/break, nicely improved graphics, and custom soundtracks, woot!). Definatly worth jumping on this deal now, I have a feeling they won't drop to $20 retail for a while.

[quote name='studio']I just picked it up in store in NYC for 19.99, I'm gonna say its definately a ymmv thing, but the manager told me that the drop was sent out to the stores nation wide yesterday.
So it may be worth a trip to the store, beats waiting even with free shipping[/quote]

Thanks...I MIGHT check on my way home....I've been looking for some cheap-ass games to trade in too....does GameStop have nay good dealS?

Awesome price. I bought mine at Target for $28.88 a couple of months back. I get a lot of use out of the custom soundtrack feature, as I've already listened to the radiostations 100s of times on the PS2 versions.

damn this is a nice deal. I already have it though, but I am thinking about getting another for a xmas gift. Thanks OP.

I don't think this is YMMV. I just saw this in-store when I was picking up a copy of Smash Brothers. Definitely a great deal if you don't own it already (unforunately for me, I got the PC version for both, kind of a waste if I get this too).

Are you guys seeing this at Gamestop B&M or other B&Ms? I'm going to walMart tonight (Hey, it's all they got in athens OH) so if it's universal, and someone hasn't snagged them all yet, I'll grab it for my Xbox. Does WalMart PM anyone? Agh, Damn Wally world. It's all I gots!

Reality's Fringe said:
Are you guys seeing this at Gamestop B&M or other B&Ms? I'm going to walMart tonight (Hey, it's all they got in athens OH) so if it's universal, and someone hasn't snagged them all yet, I'll grab it for my Xbox. Does WalMart PM anyone? Agh, Damn Wally world. It's all I gots!

I think for those who bought it at store, bought it at Gamestop B&M store. I will check EB tonight to see if they have lowered their price.

Don't know if this has already been posted but the deal seems to be dead online at least the link no longer works for me.

EDIT: Wait now it works again.

bread's done
Back