[BACK IN STOCK] Nostalgia DS - $12.79 from Target at Amazon

Waffled a bit on the confirm purchase screen and now it's gone... I guess it's for the better, I probably wouldn't have played it but kinda sucks for everyone else that it's gone so quickly.

[quote name='LoneGhost']I feel a bit silly cause I was checking reviews/impressions rather then purchasing it...[/QUOTE]

Don't be. The game is awful. Sooooo bad

I think my expectations were a bit too high before hand since I was trying to compare it to SoA on DC, but after playing it was even worse than I had imagined. So for those who missed it, you didn't miss much.

Updated the thread.

Personally, I was always interested in the game, and I actually have the game incoming in a trade from another CAG. I like how they tried to blend several different eras into the game.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Updated the thread.

Personally, I was always interested in the game, and I actually have the game incoming in a trade from another CAG. I like how they tried to blend several different eras into the game.[/QUOTE]

While they tried to do that, what failed was how they decided to blend all those styles without actually having to make them into something different. What I felt was wrong with the game was that Nostalgia was just too nostalgic and nothing that they really tried to add to the game that it failed to really help reinvent the experience I was looking for. It would have been okay if it was a port of some sort, but as it stands on it's own, I just felt it fell way short of what it could have been. Let us know what you think though utope.

[quote name='Squarehard'] What I felt was wrong with the game was that Nostalgia was just too nostalgic and nothing that they really tried to add to the game that it failed to really help reinvent the experience I was looking for. [/QUOTE]
You picked an old school styled game and wanted new things?

[quote name='Jaysonguy']You picked an old school styled game and wanted new things?[/QUOTE]

Who says old school styled games can't be updated to be more fun and enjoyable? There are many ports that are still very old school styled, and yet the small tweaks and additions make it more enjoyable and make it a better experience. Which is why I said if this was a port, it would have been acceptable. But because the fact that it was not a port, and that they did absolutely nothing to make this old styled game jump out or make it more interesting, or even making a better battle system, makes it seem like a waste of time. And have you played the game?

I can't honestly say I have met anyone that has actually enjoyed the game, with the exception of maybe one or two casual gamers, and even then it was still okay for them.

Bottom line is the game was just okay, but felt very outdated for a game that was a new release and an "original" idea that was suppose to bring a fun experience just brought back too much nostalgia and nothing to it.

Some might like it, but it was definitely not for me, but for the price, it's worth a shot.

You people who missed it aren't missing much. This game is absolutely terrible. My expectation going in was that since this game's claim to fame is being hyper-generic and old school, the execution would at least be great. Instead, the execution is well below average. This game does not compare favorably with classic RPGs. If there is ANYTHING released SNES or later that you haven't played and it scored 7.5 or better, get that over Nostalgia.

[quote name='Squarehard']I can't honestly say I have met anyone that has actually enjoyed the game, with the exception of maybe one or two casual gamers, and even then it was still okay for them.[/QUOTE]

Now you have ;) Nostalgia is one of my favorite DS RPGs. No, the game doesn't do anything that many games haven't done before, but the gameplay is rock solid, and at least for me, it's more fun to explore places like Atlantis and the pyramids than another generic fantasy world. It's the perfect game to play if you only have a few minutes to kill, and there are a ton of things to do. I had a blast with it.

Was just showing in-stock for me and picked one up, nice to have another RPG for my long deployment out here in the Middle East.

Also checked and it is still in-stock after my order. Thanks for the heads up OP!

bread's done
Back