[BACK/Limit 1] Amazon Exclusive Gold Flameslinger (Skylanders Giants) - $9.99

Diggeh

CAG Newbie

Hot off the Skylanders Giants exclusives trail is Amazon's exclusive Gold Flameslinger!

This Flameslinger is a golden repaint of his upcoming Series 2 figure.

Series 2 Skylanders are brand new figures of existing characters with the following benefits:

• Brand new molded figure
  • New box/card artwork
  • Playable in both Skylanders and Skylanders Giants
  • Learn exclusive moves not found on the original Series 1 figures (Wow Pow powerups)
  • Can choose more than one upgrade path
  • Can now reach level 15 (up from 10, but this affects all Skylanders)

Also, it's a Gold Flameslinger. Why wouldn't you want it?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Eh, waste of $10. Not even gold in-game.[/QUOTE]This! Personally, I don't like the gold because they are ugly.

Insane how much people will pay for these things! On eBay, I see there's a sale for $89.99 and another for $99.99, as well as some cheaper ones.

I hope Amazon brings back the E.T. bluray with the ship. That $2x.xx(or however much it was) item is going for hundreds! I want that ship!

thanks OP, grabbed one, and I just got done telling my son we would only get the 8 Giants and 8 new small guys for sure, maybe some of the lightcore ones, but not all of the other ones just b/c they were different poses..then I get this..oh well!!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']
I hope Amazon brings back the E.T. bluray with the ship. That $2x.xx(or however much it was) item is going for hundreds! I want that ship![/QUOTE]

What ET bluray?

[quote name='chibilaharl']what is the likelyhood of flipping these for profit?[/QUOTE]

Not much, if any. The Target exclusive Granite Crusher, which I have not seen on shelves since they launched, still only go for a couple dollars above retail. Right now prices are pretty close to retail on all Series 2 Skylanders, except for Hot Head, which seems to be the odd man out. Perhaps around Christmas the prices will go up, but I don't expect them to be anywhere near last year when shelves were bare. Activision seems to be keeping up with demand or demand has gone down considerably. I think it's the latter.

[quote name='MetalGearDraco']Not much, if any. The Target exclusive Granite Crusher, which I have not seen on shelves since they launched, still only go for a couple dollars above retail. Right now prices are pretty close to retail on all Series 2 Skylanders, except for Hot Head, which seems to be the odd man out. Perhaps around Christmas the prices will go up, but I don't expect them to be anywhere near last year when shelves were bare. Activision seems to be keeping up with demand or demand has gone down considerably. I think it's the latter.[/QUOTE]

Granite Crusher shouldn't be worth much as it's available at target.com.

I think Activision is just doing a better job stocking the figures this time. My local TRU had a ton of figures on release day. They had two sections setup just for Skylanders. They must have gotten a huge initial shipment as they were able to restock all the shelves after the initial wave of customers came through. I figure all the stores know this will be a success so they are probably ordering a lot more figures than the first series.

At least it stayed up much longer this time. Almost half a day!

I'll keep you guys posted on when it comes back in stock.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Glad i have no kids![/QUOTE]

I second that. I feel bad making my parents waste all their money on pokemon cards. I hear people pay crazy prices for these collectibles. They will realize in a few years their kid or themselves won't even like them and they'll sit in storage.

[quote name='krashhole']This! Personally, I don't like the gold because they are ugly.[/QUOTE]

This! I collected all the series 1. But I didn't bother with the Gold/Silver because they're ugly. Not even real gold. :D

[quote name='ElektroDragon']This! I collected all the series 1. But I didn't bother with the Gold/Silver because they're ugly. Not even real gold. :D[/QUOTE]

I was fortunate to find a Gold Chop Chop which I did pick up since it was rare but something like this is just to please people I guess.

I think the people that made the $85 purchase jumped the gun or are from out of the country.

Okay, why can't I find these on Amazon, when I go
to the website and search for them? I see the item,
when I follow the link....

i bought one. came with other items so it was in a box...even though Bluray slipcover was banged up. Amazon seems to be rough with things sometimes.

Wishing I would have ordered a second figure just in case it becomes really rare.

Mine arrived damaged, though not destroyed. Talked to Amazon support via their live chat system. After asking to speak with a supervisor, I was issued a $10 promo credit and reassured that my issue would be forwarded to the shipping center. For those of you who received a damaged item, try contacting them. They were extremely helpful in my situation.

The package was slightly damaged so i decided to email customer service and was refunded $3. Not much but the skylander was for my son and he didn't care about package and I knew he was going to open it anyway. Seeing him excited on getting a gold skylander was priceless and I would of paid hundreds for the response. Just happy he got one.

It would be nice if Amazon could get up to speed on what they sell that people consider collectibles and package them accordingly, but that's probably asking too much.

To the guy that asked about flipping this for a profit, you won't get that much unless you get lucky or find someone that doesn't know better (and if they are into variants, they probably know better). This is what I consider a "mainstream" variant. Like Blue Bash, Ruby Drill Sergeant, etc. It's not like the gold/silver/crystal figures last year, which had one very rarely tucked in a random shipment. They get whole boxes of only these variants. It is a store exclusive thing, like Granite Crusher and the Glow in the Darks (Fright Rider/Cynder) - and stores don't pay a lot of money for an exclusive if they cannot get enough to sell to cover the costs. Particularly for an online retailer like Amazon that isn't trying to drive foot traffic.

The only "rare" variant for Giants right now is the rock versions of Sonic Boom and Zook. And those seem to be a lot more common that last year's rare variants. They aren't commanding the premiums they did last time. Even the Gnarly Tree Rex (which only comes packaged in with Wii/PS3 bundles) is down to less than $60 at present, and you have to buy a console with them to get one of those. It seems Activision/Toys For Bob did a much better job this year on supply (although we will see if it keeps up after Black Friday and then after Xmas, those are the real tests since a lot of parents do not shop ahead).

Personally, I'm not fond of the solid colored ones. I do have a few of the "mainstream" variants from series 1, but we never use them. I actually placed an order for a S2 Flameslinger on Sunday through Amazon, and was aware of the Gold one being in stock - but still got the regular one. My sons pretty much ignore the old solid colored variants, they just aren't interested. My 3 year old pulls almost every one out of the boxes when we play, but he always leaves the solid variants in the case. I ended up caving and getting many more of the Series 2 reposes than I originally intended (mainly due to the TRU sale and getting 3 packs), but I'm going to draw the line at figures we will actually use.

By the way, for those that need a storage solution - we ended up getting more of these blue storage boxes from Ikea. They have 9 slots in each (with movable dividers, great for the giants) and stack, and cost $3.99 each. They are usually found in the kids section and are about 12"x8" (roughly). Some prefer the Stanley Sortmaster Jrs., but these Ikea cases also work well and aren't as "hardware" looking - not to mention are a bit more accomodating to the oversized giants. Both are leagues better than the "official" options, which are all way overpriced and under-sized (the best one I have seen only holds 32, which isn't even big enough to hold all of Series 1).

^^thanks for the Ikea storage tip. I will take a trip by there soon. I just bought a small plastic storage bin from Target last year for $8. Managed to (2) portals (3DS version) and all the figures, with all the expansion sets. It is pretty full to the brim, but towards the end, we'd have to take every figure out, place it on a table and then game like that. The dividers sound like it make it super easy. Although, sounds like you'd need a few if you're going to have mass quantities..

[quote name='token2k6']^^thanks for the Ikea storage tip. I will take a trip by there soon. I just bought a small plastic storage bin from Target last year for $8. Managed to (2) portals (3DS version) and all the figures, with all the expansion sets. It is pretty full to the brim, but towards the end, we'd have to take every figure out, place it on a table and then game like that. The dividers sound like it make it super easy. Although, sounds like you'd need a few if you're going to have mass quantities..[/QUOTE]

Yes you do need several. But they are small, cheap and they stack. And having one to carry a few figures over to a friend's house works out well. They are a good size for small hands to carry.

[quote name='Ralph444']This Skylanders thing is genius.

SO much money to be made....... :O[/QUOTE]

Yes, mixing action figures and video games. Reese's Cups for us nerds. The prefect combination.

arghhh, just got my shipment. Over-sized bubble mailer. Of course the plastic part was dented in. Popped it back out, but still a permanent crease in it..I was going to hang this on the wall too..launching call to Amazon CS in 3, 2, 1...

edit: well, after them suggesting I just return it for a full refund, which I declined on the fact the product is sold out, they gave me a $5 promotional credit. I then followed up thru the packaging feedback, complete with photo. How frustrating. Now fingers crossed I don't get banned or whatever they do. Really only my second complaint or so, but fuck'em if they do..

UPS didn't even want to attempt to deliver my order claiming it arrived to them damaged they sent it back to the sender without notifying me

bread's done
Back