[Back] New Nintendo Gamecube $49.99 Amazon Lightning deal, Available now!

it says at amazon

Upcoming Video Games Deal
Can’t get a Wii? Get an old-school video game console for the price of a new-school game.

if i was a kid asking for a wii, i would be pretty mad to get a crappy gamecube

the gamecube is "old-school"? someone is taking some serious leeway with the use of that word.

oh, and, why would you spend money on this? save the $50 and put it toward the wii. unless you really have a hard on to play GBA games on your television, it's amazingly pointless.

atleast on GC, there are some awesome games.
it seems like Wii is getting some pretty boring shit on the system, like wii fit and other active games. (IMO people should spend more time outside, if they want to be active.)

[quote name='360CoreGaMer']atleast on GC, there are some awesome games.
it seems like Wii is getting some pretty boring shit on the system, like wii fit and other active games. (IMO people should spend more time outside, if they want to be active.)[/quote]
360CoreGaMer
CAGiversary!

:applause:

[quote name='MrDubbs']already posted, look down :)[/quote]

yeah, thanks... i see that now. I checked and it was out of the queue, so I didn't see it.

I wish there were a way to delete threads when you unknowingly double post...

[quote name='callmesteam']yeah, thanks... i see that now. I checked and it was out of the queue, so I didn't see it.

I wish there were a way to delete threads when you unknowingly double post...[/quote]

yeah that be nice, just edit the OP, and change the title and the mods will take care of though

great price on it

[quote name='NeoStrider']it makes no sense to buy this with the Wii being BC and supporting component video unlike the GC[/QUOTE]

It makes sense if you want a cheap extra system for some reason (kids, extra room or house, don't want to pay extra for wii, want the controller...) Although I am tempted just because it is cheap, it would end up being $50 wasted for me.

[quote name='NeoStrider']it makes no sense to buy this with the Wii being BC and supporting component video unlike the GC[/QUOTE]

I agree! Also, it makes no sense to buy a four-piece box of McNuggets when the twenty-piece has four plus an additional sixteen.

[quote name='Koggit']I agree! Also, it makes no sense to buy a four-piece box of McNuggets when the twenty-piece has four plus an additional sixteen.[/QUOTE]
Like a shining point of light in the infinite dark.

i already bought the platinum mario kart bundle years ago for $100, rarely play it anymore. but for kids especially this wouldnt be a bad gift. it is a new video game system, they couldnt turn that down. or you could put in your car. it i had any experience, there must be a way to install one of those psone lcd's and this gamecube and have a system on the go. i'm tempted to get this deal, but i have other gifts to buy

[quote name='NeoStrider']it makes no sense to buy this with the Wii being BC and supporting component video unlike the GC[/quote]

The Gamecube supports component video.

[quote name='placebo1']The Gamecube supports component video.[/QUOTE]

This version doesn't. Only older gamecubes with the extra av port. But add in the cost of the proprietary component cables, and you might as well buy a wii.

If you have a Wii and you want to continue to play your Gamecube games it is a good idea to buy or keep you GC system... Why put the miles on your Wii playing GC games.

[quote name='scottman']This version doesn't. Only older gamecubes with the extra av port. But add in the cost of the proprietary component cables, and you might as well buy a wii.[/quote]

Dead On Correct. If you want component video you need 2 things: 1) A DOL-001 version of a GameCube (v1, the new lack the Digital Video out) and 2) A Component cable that in itself is ebaying for about $40 w.Shipping on a good day. The cables were $40 brand new and Nintendo still took 2 months to get it to you. I actually orderd my cable first, then went into GameStop and asked them to dig out a DOL-001 from the back of the store after the cable arrived.

Reading this thread, I can't wait for the day when people bitch and moan about how awful the PS2 is and how totally wicked sweet the PS3 is.

:p

I may consider getting it just to have a backup system on the go.

[quote name='scottman']It makes sense if you want a cheap extra system for some reason (kids, extra room or house, don't want to pay extra for wii, want the controller...) Although I am tempted just because it is cheap, it would end up being $50 wasted for me.[/QUOTE]

If you want an extra console cheap, then there's no reason to pay $50 when a used one can be found for $30 or less, usually in good condition.

GCs are pretty reliable systems, it's not like buying a used 360 or PS2.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']If you want an extra console cheap, then there's no reason to pay $50 when a used one can be found for $30 or less, usually in good condition.

GCs are pretty reliable systems, it's not like buying a used 360 or PS2.[/QUOTE]

A lot of people don't like the slime, spit, boogers, blood, urine, feces, AIDS, etc... that might also be attached to older systems. :)

[quote name='scottman']A lot of people don't like the slime, spit, boogers, blood, urine, feces, AIDS, etc... that might also be attached to older systems. :)[/quote]

If I could get one stained in blood that worked good, I would pick that up in a heart beat, as long as I knew that there was no risk of diseases.

[quote name='360CoreGaMer']If I could get one stained in blood that worked good, I would pick that up in a heart beat, as long as I knew that there was no risk of diseases.[/quote]I see you as one of those guys who go looking through dunpsters for stuff.:applause:

[quote name='yzass69']Just grab two of these and duck-tape them together... viola a wii for $100 shipped.[/quote]

Please don't steal other people's jokes. Wait a minute are you Dane Cook?

wait wait wait did I totally miss out on the limited piss,pee,poop,fart,booger edition WTF I must be slipping.

LOL, are people who bought it in the lightning deal ($79.99-30) going to milk this to get a $20 GC?

I've been wanting a gamecube since I'm not really interested in getting a Wii, so I bit. Nice to see such a big price drop. :) Now I can take advantage of all those cheap games. Whee for being behind in purchasing~ Now to find controllers... o_o

[quote name='anvilfactory']I've been wanting a gamecube since I'm not really interested in getting a Wii, so I bit. Nice to see such a big price drop. :) Now I can take advantage of all those cheap games. Whee for being behind in purchasing~ Now to find controllers... o_o[/QUOTE]

Says the guy trying to get a Wii for free from a referal site :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :bomb:

[quote name='anvilfactory']I've been wanting a gamecube since I'm not really interested in getting a Wii, so I bit. Nice to see such a big price drop. :) Now I can take advantage of all those cheap games. Whee for being behind in purchasing~ Now to find controllers... o_o[/quote]

Main problem with the GameCube is the same rarity affects a few of the REALLY great games; still drives up the price crazy like. Eternal Darkness clocks in about $10-$20 on a good day for a fairly used copy. PN03 (which is quite bad,but additictive in a brain dead way) is even $5-$10, which is $3-$7 over value. Only the really flooded games come 3/$10,and most aren't worth it. Smash Brothers? Your talking $25 for a copy that isn't scratched to hell. Metroid is like $5 and plentiful though.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']These make great donations for the hospitals participating in the Child's Play Charity. Look to see if there is a hospital in your area that needs a GameCube and spread the love. =]

http://www.childsplaycharity.org/[/quote]

^this.

Childsplay is awesome - even better that us CAGs can send a few dollars saved from our deals towards something like this for the kids.

I picked up a 'Cube for one of my hospitals. :D

just got the email of the additional $30 refund

cant beat a $20 gamecube i dont need lol. nice present for a family member and will use the extra 30 saved for a 12 months subs for xbox live

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing to confirm that we have processed your refund for $30.00
for the above-referenced order.

For more information on how we calculate refunds, please visit our
web site at http://www.amazon.com/refunds

We hope this is a satisfactory resolution for you. However, if you
have any questions or concerns, please use this link to contact
Customer Service:

bread's done
Back