[Back ordered] Guitar Hero bundle - $59.99 Shipped!

masterh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Dunno how long this will last, but shop.vh1.com and shop.mtv.com have Guitar Hero game+single controller bundles for $59.99 - free shipping for orders over $30.
For some reason, you can't search for the bundles, but there are links on both front pages to the bundle. Pretty good, considering most sites have gone up to the $79.99 MSRP.

[quote name='aoLat']The guy singing Fat Lip and Take Me Out sounds absolutely awful, but pretty much all of the other songs sound really good. :D[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah, I was just about to post that.

Take Me Out is especially heinous.

[quote name='jeremy']The music in the game is performed by cover bands/sound-alikes as you suggest. But from the reviews I've read the covers are very faithful to the originals...
[/QUOTE]

The covers as a whole are very very good. (Especially the Ozzy songs. Whoever did those rocks.) The only one that I really do not like is the Spanish Castle Magic cover. No vocals at all. (Pulled due to the ones they recorded SUCKING HORRIBLY).

[quote name='Capt Dirty Jack']Haha, yeah, I was just about to post that.

Take Me Out is especially heinous.[/QUOTE]

The thing is, the guy didn't sound like that when he was recording it, in the Songs bonus video. I wonder if they just tweaked it wrong..

Mine shipped December 30th and arrived today - pretty quick shipping for budget. Knock on wood it'll come in stock soon :whistle2:(

Anyone get their order in yet? I placed mine on 1/4 and still on backorder, hopefully I can get it next week or get lucky enough to find one at Best Buy.

For the love of gods, this needs to ship soon.

I'd be perfectly fine waiting, even several weeks, for mine to arrive were it not for my worry that the backorder will eventually be canceled due to their inability to fill it in a timely fashion.

Has anyone had theirs canceled by the vendor (at vh1.com, that is)?

[quote name='WittyNickname']For the love of gods, this needs to ship soon.

I'd be perfectly fine waiting, even several weeks, for mine to arrive were it not for my worry that the backorder will eventually be canceled due to their inability to fill it in a timely fashion.

Has anyone had theirs canceled by the vendor (at vh1.com, that is)?[/QUOTE]

Mine is still sitting at the "Back Order: Hold" stage, hopefully it doesn't magically ship when I find one at Best Buy.

[quote name='abitteroldman']I didn't think they had it either. It was the last store I checked, and they only had one (this was in Natick, MA). I have the return reciept in front of me and it was $62.99 + tax. It wasn't an advertised sale, it was just what it rand up as. I think the price on the box may of been higher, but I was so happy to find one I wasn't paying attention.[/QUOTE]

I just watched the Family Guy episode where the world was destroyed and the family moved to Natick (I do not know if its the same one) to live off the Twinkies that were produced there....Classic

[quote name='Logain8955']The covers as a whole are very very good. (Especially the Ozzy songs. Whoever did those rocks.) The only one that I really do not like is the Spanish Castle Magic cover. No vocals at all. (Pulled due to the ones they recorded SUCKING HORRIBLY).[/QUOTE]
Please don't bitch about things you don't know about.
Jimi's family asked anyone doing covers of his music to NOT cover the vocals. They respected their wishes, and didn't do a vocal track.

I picked up this from Gamestop for $80 last week - don't regret it at all. I did use store credit so it wasn't all out of pocket.

Ive beaten all 30 songs on Medium, then jumped to expert where im getting my ass kicked. I'm barely making it thru some of these songs, but im stuck on Queens of the Stone Age song which is about song 22 or something i think. Pretty hard on Expert.

*edit* - Now stuck on song 24 =]

[quote name='Kaboobi']Please don't bitch about things you don't know about.
Jimi's family asked anyone doing covers of his music to NOT cover the vocals. They respected their wishes, and didn't do a vocal track.[/QUOTE]

Actually...they did do a vocal track for it, but they took it out per request.

On one of the videos at gamespot you can hear the singing.

BestBuy.com and a bunch of Best Buy stores have it in stock now. I just picked it up in the Milpitas, CA store (they had at least 15 copies left), so I cancelled my vh1 order. For some reason, the computer wouldn't take off the $10 of $29.99 coupon. The guy said that the item was considered hardware/accessories so it didn't work since the coupon was for a game. Sucks that I spent an extra $10, but still, I've been looking for the game for a while and am looking forward to testing it out.

Hmm...I checked the website and they are saying the game is still out of stock for in-store pickup at all the Indy stores. Not sure if I want to risk the coupon not working and pay the extra $10+$4.20 tax for it.

Now it's letting me "add to cart" on Bestbuy.com.

Hopefully I can snag one at my local BB once they open tomorrow if they have them in stock, I've been DYING to play this game.

I didn't say it was off back order, I just said they charged my card. It still says back ordered when I log in. I placed the order Dec. 31 and they charged my card Jan. 9. I'm not sure if they charged my card because they are shipping my game or because it takes them 9 days to process cards.

Went to BB today, still not in stock. Looks like all their DDR bundles are gone too...they still had a ton after Christmas so I'm wondering if they shipped those off to a warehouse until next Christmas. This year I noticed a ton of that lame old GC dance game showed up right at Christmas, even though it had supposedly been sold out like a year before.

Looks like BB are getting more in stock, their website is allowing people to purchase off the internet and some stores are showing stock via the store locator.

So far, 2 more San Diego BB's have them in stock, but those are around 30 miles away, waiting for my local BB to get some, hopefully by the end of this week or early next week, my VH1 order has been sitting at "Hold" for a week now and I'm slowly losing patience and might settle for redoctane.com.

Well, I'm off the waiting list.

Expecting nothing to come of it, I stopped by my local Target tonight on the way home from work, having read a thread here about Target getting a fair amount in stock.

Imagine my surprise upon being pointed to the rack holding six or eight pristine edition boxes, all in a row, practically BEGGING ME to rock out with my c... well, you know.

For anyone with a Target nearby, I encourage you to go in and look for yourself. The item cannot be found in any form on Target.com, and two days ago I called this same Target store and was told by a very helpful and evidently intelligent lady that she was unable to find it in their system at all, and that they didn't carry the item.

Lo and behold, my copy is reflected on my receipt as "PS2 Acc." Apparently the game doesn't merit an actual title listing, making it absolutely un-find-able at either the website or the in-store computers as anything but an accessory.

So check it out for yourself, and maybe I won't be the only waiting gamer who's pleasantly surprised.

My credit card was charged also and my status has been moved to "hold." I don't mind waiting, but I don't like getting charged for an item before it ships.

Same here. Most places don't charge your card until the item ships, and that's the way it should be. I want to send an email to vh1 asking about this, but I can't find an email address or form on their site.

I checked my Target, and they said they don't carry Guitar Hero. Drat!

[quote name='Draccius']My credit card was charged also and my status has been moved to "hold." I don't mind waiting, but I don't like getting charged for an item before it ships.[/QUOTE]

Same, I placed my order on January 4th and was charged immediately, but it didn't "clear" until the 13th. I'm wondering if my item has shipped because my status still has "Back Order: Hold."

If I don't get a status change by monday/tuesday, I'm going to contact them and place an order at redoctane.com even though it comes out to $21 more than the VH1 route, this backorder status in conjunction with my card being charged already is pissing me off.

Menikmati, the same thing happened to me - I ordered the VH1 deal on December 30th or 31st, and didn't get charged until about the 9th or 10th. Kind of a surprise to me, since I thought it would be cleared much sooner than that. I'm thinking about cancelling my order, too, unless I can figure out how to get ahold of someone there to find out why I was charged, yet haven't had my order status changed from hold.

Wishing you all the best of luck!

Found a big stack of them at Mira Mesa (San Diego) Best Buy today. There were at least 15+ on the floor where the PS2 games were, saw 3 people grab them as I got there.

$10 off any video game accessory $29.99 and up worked on this too.

I emailed VH1 asking why they have charged my credit card when the item has not shipped. It's been a couple days, and haven't heard anything yet. Probably because they're bogged down with a bunch of other emails from people who are pissed off about being charged too soon.

Here's the reply I got from VH1:

We apologize for any inconvenience but currently our system is setup to charge your credit card 7 days after you placed your order. This is a technical issue that our development team is working to fix so that in the future, your credit card is not charged until the item ships.

In the meantime, your order is still being processed by our supplier. If you would still like to purchase this item, reply to this email, and we'll escalate your order to our supplier to determine its status. If you decide that you wish to cancel your order, follow the steps below.

Note: Orders in the Processing status only may allow a cancel request, if item(s) have not shipped, but it does not guarantee that the cancellation will occur. Once an order has gone to the supplier for shipment, it cannot be changed or cancelled.
1. Log into your account
2. Under View Orders, click Cancel items or orders.
3. Click on the Order # to process a cancellation request.
4. Click on Cancel Unshipped Items.
5. Review the item(s) available for cancel request and choose a Reason for the cancel request by highlighting the appropriate information from the drop down box.
6. Enter a Comment if necessary.
7. Click the Continue button to submit the cancellation request.

Please Note: Cancellation of item(s) may change or void promotional/coupon discounts currently appearing on your order.

Thanks, spookyhurst. I tried the steps you listed though, and my order was still listed as "Back-order Hold". I tried to do it again, and after returning to the site after 5 minutes to double-check the status, it now confirms as "Canceled".

This was a great deal, and thanks to the original poster. It's just too bad that they were backordered on the set. I'll probably just buy it in-store, as I can't wait to play the game outside of my local GameCrazy. I'm sure they're tired of me playing "More Than A Feeling" by now.

Good luck to everyone!

I got my money back from them yesterday after cancelling the order the day before. Found it at Target...Best Buy has them now too...and Gamestop...and EB Games...everyone got stocked up on these last week. Gamestop and EB are charging too much for it though.

I'm interested in buying this game and thought I would try the VH1 store since it is cheaper. Has anyone had any luck getting their orders shipped from VH1 lately?

I tried to pick this up at in stores, but I can't find it anywhere. At Best Buy they said they wouldn't be getting any more in for at least a week.

[quote name='nwrigley']I'm interested in buying this game and thought I would try the VH1 store since it is cheaper. Has anyone had any luck getting their orders shipped from VH1 lately?

I tried to pick this up at in stores, but I can't find it anywhere. At Best Buy they said they wouldn't be getting any more in for at least a week.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it, I placed my order on the 4th (yes, 19 days ago) and it still hasn't moved from the "Back Order: Hold" stage yet, I'm going to cancel it soon, you're better off waiting for BB shipments and using the $10 off coupon.

[quote name='menikmati']Doubt it, I placed my order on the 4th (yes, 19 days ago) and it still hasn't moved from the "Back Order: Hold" stage yet, I'm going to cancel it soon, you're better off waiting for BB shipments and using the $10 off coupon.[/QUOTE]

That sucks, why would they keep an item on their front page that they haven't been able to stock for a month? Oh well... thanks for the heads up.

Is the Best Buy coupon you're referring to the one that expires by the end of the month? If so, I hope I'm able to use it before then.

[quote name='nickelpin']Cancelled my order at MTV, got it at BB for $59.99 --> $64.64 with tax, using the $10 off coupon.

Seriously out of cash now![/QUOTE]

How long was your order on hold before you cancelled it? I placed an order at VH1 and I'm basically waiting until I can find it at my Best Buy to cancel the order.

I was tempted to buy it online from Best Buy because I can still use my gift card (unlike ordering it direct from the publisher), but they charge for shipping and tax which is ridiculous. I also can't use the $10 off coupon online, which means I would save $15 by getting it in the store.

Does anyone know how accurately the in store pick-up option on the Best Buy website reflects the stock in the store (maybe someone who works/worked at one)?

According to a BB employee I talked to, the website can be up to a couple of days off from what the store actually has in stock.

However, that same employee gave me erroneous information on 2 other questions, so who knows whether he was telling me the truth, or just trying to get rid of me.

[quote name='spookyhurst']
However, that same employee gave me erroneous information on 2 other questions, so who knows whether he was telling me the truth, or just trying to get rid of me.[/QUOTE]

I hear you there. When I tried to buy Guitar Hero at GameSpot, the guy their told me that the game had been discontinued. I didn't really know what to tell him because I knew that a game that had only been out for two months and was selling out everywhere was not going to be discontinued.

If the Best Buy website really is that far off the mark (which wouldn't surprise me), it means that Best Buy is going to be hearing a lot of phone calls from me.

If an employee doesn't know the answer, they should just say so, rather than make something up.

Regarding the questionable Best Buy employee, I first asked him if they had GTA:SA in stock (I couldn't find it). He said no, and I told him BB's website said they had it. That's when he told me the website was a couple days off. I asked him to look it up in the computer anyway, he did, and told me again that it wasn't in stock. After looking around a bit more, I finally found a copy of the game in a BIG ass plastic case. However it was the SE, and the sales ad had a picture of the first edition. So I went to the same guy (mistake), told him I found a copy, and asked him if the SE was also on sale for $20. He told me no, and I didn't ask for a scan. According to people here at CAG, it is indeed $20, so he was just blowing me off.

[quote name='nwrigley']
Does anyone know how accurately the in store pick-up option on the Best Buy website reflects the stock in the store (maybe someone who works/worked at one)?[/QUOTE]

A few days ago I checked my local area BBs online and they all reported out of stock. The next morning I checked the website again and only the closest BB showed them in stock. Sure enough, I went by and they had nearly 20 of them sitting out.

I can't remember the exact forum I read it on, but someone said that they worked at BB, and as boxes come off of the truck, they are scanned and the stock indicator on BBs website will then immediately show stock, even before the product hits the shelf.

ATTENTION ALL CAGS.

I just received an e-mail 2 hours ago saying that my order has shipped.

If you were on the boat about ordering or have a back-order, check your order status now.

[quote name='spookyhurst']Mine is shipped too :). I was about ready to give up on them.[/QUOTE]

I literally said "what the fuck?" as I was navigating to their site just to cancel it but them my Gmail Notifier informed me.

Mine is still back ordered...

I just placed my order on the 23rd though. For anyone who has had theirs shipped, if you could list the date you placed your order and the date that it went off of back order status that would be helpful. I'm sure I'm not the only one curious about this.

[quote name='nwrigley']Mine is still back ordered...

I just placed my order on the 23rd though. For anyone who has had theirs shipped, if you could list the date you placed your order and the date that it went off of back order status that would be helpful. I'm sure I'm not the only one curious about this.[/QUOTE]

Placed mine on the 4th.

Man, you would think that after Christmas, people would already have enough toys to play with. I guess this game is just too much fun though, because I still can't get a copy.

I had absolutely no interest in this game (didn't even really know about it) until it happened to be set up at a party I was at. I went out the next day to buy it and have been trying to get it ever since...

I wish you guys had cancelled your orders, maybe mine would have gone through ;)

bread's done
Back