[Back!] R: Racing Evolution (Xbox) $4.99 at EBgames.com

hhhhmmm, Can anyone tell me if it's worth the money?

EDIT: Went ahead and got it and I-ninja for gamecube. I suppose I can't go wrong for $4.99

What the heck, I took the plunge. Ended up being $7.02 after shipping.

I figured I picked up so much crap during the CC sale, and if I saw this for $4.99 I would have grabbed it in a heartbeat, so what's the difference now?

v00d00ppl, it's been posted how to get free shipping. I think you just add a really cheap PO item and then use the free shipping code for PO games and the entire order ships free. I don't know, $1.99 shipping is cheap enough, by the time I add that PO item it'll probably end up being the same.

Jeremy

Add a $0.99 PO game, then use codes PPLAY15 (15% off any pre-owned game) and SAVER (free saver shipping)... however they tend to charge the shipping anyways, and you have to call and make them take it off.

You can also use AFF25 for 25% off a pre-owned game, but it won't stack with SAVER.

edit - Fixed a mistype.

Yeah I think I really got this one for the cut scenes...

Chicks in tight outfits racing cars? I'm SO there... :twisted:

Jeremy

Nuts, for that price I would have bought it just to see what the game looked like. Friend and I joked about it once, it was pretty rare to see an ad that actualyl featured shots of the cars instead of that cg woman.

I have this game. I paid $10.99 for it, but now that I've played it I'm not sure I'd pay even $4.99 for it. It's not a true Ridge Racer arcade game, because it won't let you powerslide, and the simulation aspect of it is shallow and weak.

Personally, I'd rather have Pulse Racer because then at least I'd have something to laugh at.

[quote name='boyward']I have this game. I paid $10.99 for it, but now that I've played it I'm not sure I'd pay even $4.99 for it. It's not a true Ridge Racer arcade game, because it won't let you powerslide, and the simulation aspect of it is shallow and weak.

Personally, I'd rather have Pulse Racer because then at least I'd have something to laugh at.[/quote]

As someone who owns Pulse Racer I gotta say the laughter stops after about 30 seconds when it sinks it someone actually thought this would be a good game to release :?

Yeah -- picked this one up at $10.99 too along with SSX3 for $14.99.

It's not terrible, but it's awfully close to pretty bad. The gameplay is mediocre and it's a far cry from the arcade Ridge Racer series.

At $5, it might be worth a spin. Just level your expectations on this one and you might like it -- might.

[quote name='jrutz']Yeah I think I really got this one for the cut scenes...

Jeremy[/quote]

i did too and i want my money back.

the actual hot chick, Gina, is barely in it. i was very unimpressed.

remember what you saw in the promo vids? thats pretty much all there is to it. the one omission is the shower cutscene, which is totally pointless because it doesnt advance the story and doesnt even attempt to titillate. well, unless youre a big fan of hair, backs, and silhouettes.

It's really sad, especially considering Namco did a better job of making a sweet CG shower scene with Tekken TWO.

also, for a game that features CG so prominently, there is NO convenient way to view the CG after you "unlock" it. you actually have to go and start each chapter to watch the CG that preceeds the race, then exit the actual race to go back and view other movies.

and yes, that also means that the only way to watch the ending again is to beat the game again, and if i recall, that means 10 laps around that indy 500 oval again.

the gameplay is pathetic. i paid 10.99 for it and still feel ripped off. :(

I-Ninja is pretty fun though.

[quote name='Leggo'][quote name='jrutz']Yeah I think I really got this one for the cut scenes...

Jeremy[/quote]

i did too and i want my money back.

the actual hot chick, Gina, is barely in it. i was very unimpressed.

remember what you saw in the promo vids? thats pretty much all there is to it. the one omission is the shower cutscene, which is totally pointless because it doesnt advance the story and doesnt even attempt to titillate. well, unless youre a big fan of hair, backs, and silhouettes.

It's really sad, especially considering Namco did a better job of making a sweet CG shower scene with Tekken TWO.

also, for a game that features CG so prominently, there is NO convenient way to view the CG after you "unlock" it. you actually have to go and start each chapter to watch the CG that preceeds the race, then exit the actual race to go back and view other movies.

and yes, that also means that the only way to watch the ending again is to beat the game again, and if i recall, that means 10 laps around that indy 500 oval again.

the gameplay is pathetic. i paid 10.99 for it and still feel ripped off. :(

I-Ninja is pretty fun though.[/quote]

Actually, on the CG -- you're not correct. You can view all the movies in the Extra section. There is a theater mode to view the movies.

Hey, given that this is really the highlight of the game, I had to point it out. No -- you don't need to beat the game again to see the ending -- once you beat it, the movies are ALL available via theater.

wow, thanks dude.

took me a while to find it, it was in my Garage under "Replays". i never went in there because i never bothered saving a replay, the game was boring enough to play, let alone watch.

terrible place to hide that. go figure.

now i can hear that catchy remixed theme on the credits whenever i want to :)

[quote name='hansolox1']Got one!

Did I miss the 9.99 Medal of Honor Rising Sun? Did it drop yet today?[/quote]

It was up this morning, no idea how many copies were left but I had to re-enter my shipping info, and before i even got to enter my credit card info it was gone. Sometime around 10am eastern they re-stocked it at $9.99, although for many moons it was listed at $29.99. I was rather ticked but I'll try again tommrow I guess.

bread's done
Back