(Back to $50) Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PS2/PS2 LE/GC/) $30 + $10 GV at EBgames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birakon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
All $30. It appears the PS2 Limited Edition does not qualify for the gift voucher.
Purchase must be made by 5-01-05
Forms must be postmarked by 6-01-05
Link to voucher

Gift voucher deals are dead

Xbox version back to 50
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/245018.asp

PS2
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/245971.asp

PS2 Limited Edition (no gift voucher)
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255318.asp

Gamecube
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/245951.asp

PC (no gift voucher) OOS
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/244950.asp

That's a great deal. For the $10 gift voucher, it says you need to send in the original upc. Has anyone sent in a copy and still gotten the gift card because I don't want to cut it off of the box.

wow this is one of the fastest price drop i can think of. I would jump on this if they have the xbox le.

The XBox version is superior in all aspects

[quote name='62t']wow this is one of the fastest price drop i can think of. I would jump on this if they have the xbox le.[/QUOTE]

This isn't a drop, it's a sale.

[quote name='ragtop70']Ok. Which is the best version considering I don't play online?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, do you even need to ask that question?

[quote name='ragtop70']Ok. Which is the best version considering I don't play online?[/QUOTE]

Xbox has the best version of basically every Tom Clancy game when compared to PS2 and Cube, online and offline.

[quote name='thegamer4787']Xbox has the best version of basically every multiplatform game when compared to PS2 and Cube, online and offline.[/QUOTE]

Fixed

[quote name='prisonerac']Xbox version is also listed as 29.99 with $10 mail in rebate. I jumped on that mad fast.[/QUOTE]

Uhh.. "also"? The first post had a link to the XBox version.. it was the first one posted.. then PS2.. then GC.. so what do you mean by "also"?

Goddammit...this just further illustrates my lack of self-restraint. Ordered. Along with Pandora Tomorrow, because I didn't have that one either.

[quote name='CheapyD']It looks like the PS2 LE version is not included on the GV form.[/QUOTE]

i never said it did all tho i should have specified it didnt , thanks

[quote name='Birakon']i never said it did all tho i should have specified it didnt , thanks[/QUOTE]No problem...Just looking out for the CAGs.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that I'm currently on the Bathhouse level (Xbox version) and am enjoying this game much more that the previous SCs. The save anywhere feature alleaviates pretty much all of the frustrations involved in this series (for me).

[quote name='prisonerac']Xbox version is also listed as 29.99 with $10 mail in rebate. I jumped on that mad fast.[/QUOTE]

$10 gift voucher, not a mail in rebate.

The game is NOT $20, its still $30. You just get an additional $10 to spend at their stores.

People confuse this stuff all the time and think they're getting it for cheaper than they really are.

[quote name='mmn']$10 gift voucher, not a mail in rebate.

The game is NOT $20, its still $30. You just get an additional $10 to spend at their stores.

People confuse this stuff all the time and think they're getting it for cheaper than they really are.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I am always thinking when I read about the gift vouchers...

Too bad I couldnt wait to get this the FIRST DAY... oh well... still only paid 35 for mine

[quote name='mmn']The game is NOT $20, its still $30. You just get an additional $10 to spend at their stores. People confuse this stuff all the time and think they're getting it for cheaper than they really are.[/QUOTE]

It's still pretty much the same thing. You know you'll find a way to spend that extra $10 before long anyway, and if you spend it on one $10 or two $5 games, you come out ahead anyway.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']It's still pretty much the same thing. You know you'll find a way to spend that extra $10 before long anyway, and if you spend it on one $10 or two $5 games, you come out ahead anyway.[/QUOTE]

Eh, kinda. Still, you have to look at it as "I'm paying $30 for Splinter Cell PLUS (insert game here)". If it were a mail in rebate you could say "I'm only paying $20 for Splinter Cell".

Basically the voucher is the same thing as when they include a game guide for free. Its just a bonus to entice you to buy the game, its not money back in your pocket. That's all I'm saying. Still a great deal, just not as good of a deal as it would be if it were a mail in rebate. :)

[quote name='mmn']Eh, kinda. Still, you have to look at it as "I'm paying $30 for Splinter Cell PLUS (insert game here)".
[/QUOTE]

You are absolutely right. This is exactly how I look at it.

[quote name='mmn']Basically the voucher is the same thing as when they include a game guide for free. Its just a bonus to entice you to buy the game, its not money back in your pocket. That's all I'm saying. Still a great deal, just not as good of a deal as it would be if it were a mail in rebate. :)[/QUOTE] I actually find it an good thing that its not cash. This way, I have to spend it on video games! ;)

Regarding the gift voucher and how it is not as good as a rebate, yes, cash would be better, but a $10 voucher is 1000 times better than getting the guide free (a little penny guide reference there).

Advantages of EB vouchers over cash rebate:
EB vouchers adjust the pre-tax total, so it is really like getting $10+tax to spend at EBgames.com.
EB vouchers come really quickly, checks generally take 6-8 weeks or longer.
EB often comes up with really great deals. Ok, that isn't an advantage over cash, but you know you're going to spend $10 at EBgames.com before the code expires.

Advantages of EB vouchers over GS vouchers (not that I am complaining about GS):
EB vouchers can be combined with other codes, GS vouchers can't even be combined with free shipping. Make your best deal, and then take $10 off of that.
EB vouchers can be used for just about anything they sell, GS vouchers cannot be used for items that come with premiums.
GS vouchers have a stated minimum purchase, EB vouchers have no such minimum.

GS does have the advantage of not charging tax to most people.

im concerned that a really good game like this is already 29.99 within like two weeks. what on earth is wrong with the gaming industry? If a game liek chaos theory has to drop this fast...then How the HECK do they expect to get 59.99 for the next generation per game?

Actually on the front page of EB's latest flyer is the form for the $10 voucher, so this should work in-store. Expires 5/1 also.

[quote name='crawlingpeter']It's also $30 in-store although I don't think you qualify for the $10 voucher that way. Thanks for this heads-up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']im concerned that a really good game like this is already 29.99 within like two weeks. what on earth is wrong with the gaming industry? If a game liek chaos theory has to drop this fast...then How the HECK do they expect to get 59.99 for the next generation per game?[/QUOTE]

I think it's a sale. Kind of like how Taiko Drum Master went down to 19.99.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']why would it need to go on "sale" if it wasnt doing nearly as close to as expected.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I understand what your saying. At all.

Games go on sale all the time, some sales are just better than others.

I know this is going to put my lack of intelligence on display but ... oh well.

Could someone tell me step by step what I need to do to get this voucher ?

I have never done anything like this.

Here is what I think I do so correct me:

Go to EBGames and buy SC: CT.
Scan the UPC.
Print the UPC.
Send the UPC and that print out form before day after tommorow.

Is that it ?

[quote name='Dirt']So I send the receipt to prove I bought it by 5/1 ? [/QUOTE]

Or if I order online I can send the paper they send with CT back to prove I ordered before 5/1 right ?

Disadvantage of the EB Gift Voucher

- You're likely to not get it. I have bought at least 10 games that qaulified for a Gift Voucher (Burnout 3, Rainbow 6, Neo Contra, Hitman Contracts, etc). I have received roughly 50% of those. EB makes it impossible to speak directly with the rebate center. I have left 22 messages, and never got a SINGLE call back.

What the hell are they doing over there on Pilot Road in Las Vegas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back