(Back to $50) Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PS2/PS2 LE/GC/) $30 + $10 GV at EBgames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birakon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
All $30. It appears the PS2 Limited Edition does not qualify for the gift voucher.
Purchase must be made by 5-01-05
Forms must be postmarked by 6-01-05
Link to voucher

Gift voucher deals are dead

Xbox version back to 50
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/245018.asp

PS2
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/245971.asp

PS2 Limited Edition (no gift voucher)
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255318.asp

Gamecube
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/245951.asp

PC (no gift voucher) OOS
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/244950.asp

[quote name='nickmad']why the fuck did it drop that fast....fuck fuck fuck fuck. i should have waited[/QUOTE]

This is why I've decided to not buy new games anymore . . .

I'm waiting on God of War, Psychonauts, RE4, Doom 3 . . . among a few others . . . drops like this make it easier to wait for the others :)

I picked one up instore to save shipping and tax . . . used store credit.

[quote name='schultzed']This is why I've decided to not buy new games anymore . . .

I'm waiting on God of War, Psychonauts, RE4, Doom 3 . . . among a few others . . . drops like this make it easier to wait for the others :)

I picked one up instore to save shipping and tax . . . used store credit.[/QUOTE]

I waited on RE 4 for a long long time, but it's so great I think it's worth every single penny. One of the few games I played once, and then played again.

A note to anyone who calls the store - they will try to tell you it's 49.99 because their stickers are not updated, this just happened to me. When you tell them of the price drop and have them scan it, it'll show the correct price.

The girl even tried telling me they had no copies when the website listed that store as having them, lol.

Off to pick it up now.

Thanks topic creator! I was gonna pick up SC: CT for $50 new last week at Best Buy. But I didn't buy it because I didn't have enough money. But now I do.

SC: CT for $20 is gonna be SWEET!

I've only done a mail-in-gift voucher thing once. But this time it's a bit tricky. I have three questions:

1. Can I use more than 1 coupon code at a time?

2. What should I do if I have planned buying 2 copies of SC: CT? (Xbox version for me and Gamecube version for my friend)

3. So scanning/copying the UPC code will work right? I'm not a big fan of cutting them out.

Thanks!

[quote name='Beana Blasta']can 4 ppl play this on one xbox? if so, im all over this![/QUOTE]

You can only play split-screen with one other person for Co-op. Co-op is also avaliable online (and system link) and Versus is online and system link only. Its a must buy especially for the price

[quote name='Beana Blasta']can 4 ppl play this on one xbox? if so, im all over this![/QUOTE]

No, sorry.

To other guy, If you only have ps2, still get the games, im sure its still great, but XBOX one is better.

[quote name='schultzed']This is why I've decided to not buy new games anymore . . .

I picked one up instore to save shipping and tax . . . used store credit.[/QUOTE]

i loveeee the splinter cell series and i just had to pick it up the day it was released. its just so annoying that the price dropped that quick. i figured a price drop would be coming, but i was banking on june or july when xbox has some big releases.

Good to see all the employees were completely clueless to the fact this game was 30... one even went and snagged an Xbox copy to buy for himself when he got off work lol.

Wow, this is awesome! I picked up the PS2 LE version. The Xbox version may be "better," but I have no intention of playing it online and I already have the last two games on the PS2. And most importantly, I can use a CodeBreaker/cheat device on the PS2 version. :)

Anyway, I never expected it to drop this fast! Thank you for the heads up, OP!

I was about to order it online, but I said hell with waiting. I went up to EB in the mall and they were selling it in store for the same price. So I grabbed it up.

This game is awesome on XBL. I got paired up with 3 fellow newbies and we all played for about two hours straight, trying to learn the versus mode together. Then a good player came in and helped 3 of us out with some tactics and stuff. So far the online community in this game seems great.

Thanks topic creator! I was bout to buy this game for 40 at BB this coming week too. You saved me 10 bucks :D

I was about to order it online, but I said hell with waiting. I went up to EB in the mall and they were selling it in store for the same price. So I grabbed it up.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat!!? Surely this hasn't already dropped to 29.99! I'm still going to think that maybe it's just a sale..

[quote name='Video-Gamer']20 dollars? i heard some one say 20 dollars for chaos theroy for ps2?[/QUOTE]

$20 after the voucher

[quote name='Scorch']Whaaaaaaaaaaat!!? Surely this hasn't already dropped to 29.99! I'm still going to think that maybe it's just a sale..[/QUOTE]

what are the chance that 2 stores are having a sale at the same time? (at least for gc and ps2 version)

[quote name='Escobar4Life']Thanks topic creator! I was gonna pick up SC: CT for $50 new last week at Best Buy. But I didn't buy it because I didn't have enough money. But now I do.

SC: CT for $20 is gonna be SWEET!

I've only done a mail-in-gift voucher thing once. But this time it's a bit tricky. I have three questions:

1. Can I use more than 1 coupon code at a time?

2. What should I do if I have planned buying 2 copies of SC: CT? (Xbox version for me and Gamecube version for my friend)

3. So scanning/copying the UPC code will work right? I'm not a big fan of cutting them out.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

If you buy it in-store, it doesn't ask for the UPC; just the receipt and the form.

[quote name='Hixton1']If you buy it in-store, it doesn't ask for the UPC; just the receipt and the form.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Hopefully I'll go tomorrow. I'll grab an Xbox version (for myself) and a Cube version (for my friend). Plus I'll get the $10 gift voucher.

This is a strange deal . . . I was just reading the latest EGM and there is a 2-page spread ad for Chaos Theory. It is sooooo early for this kind of price drop with such a high-profile game.

I've had a theory about buying new releases: if you MUST buy a new game, go to Target and put your receipt within the game case for safe keeping. You have 90 days to return a sealed copy of a game . . . so a sale like this would allow you to return the sealed game. Would also work at Walmart . . . BB and CC only give you 30 days. EB and GS are how long??? I think EB is merely 15 days, not good.

Gamestop.com is selling it at the same price too, without the coupon.
I think the game is not selling well. Last time I read about the sale Splinter Cell 3 wasn't doing to hot.

[quote name='62t']what are the chance that 2 stores are having a sale at the same time? (at least for gc and ps2 version)[/QUOTE]

Considering Gamestop is trying to buy out EB (and don't link me to the article that says it happened, it has not been approved yet), they could be trying some of EB's techniques.

[quote name='miriamleo']Gamestop.com is selling it at the same price too, without the coupon.
I think the game is not selling well. Last time I read about the sale Splinter Cell 3 wasn't doing to hot.[/QUOTE]

That's only for ps2 and GC versions, though.

Xbox version is still 50, PC version is still 40.

Splinter Cell, from the reviews I read, is a very different game on ps2 / GC then it is on Xbox / PC. The levels are more linear, less lighting effects...I know most reviewers generally score the ps2 / GC versions a bit less then the latter two.

Going by Gamerankings reviews, Xbox / PC version have got about 4 or 5 points over the ps2 versions... this probably contributes to decreased sales on the ps2 port, so it will probably universally drop to 30 very soon for ps2.

Weird, this topic didn't come up in the search I made before posting this deal. Oh well.

I wonder if Wal-Mart would do a price match. If so, I may just keep my gift card and get this and Pandora Tomorrow to complete my Splinter Cell collection.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go start on the first one.

[quote name='Matt Young']
I wonder if Wal-Mart would do a price match. If so, I may just keep my gift card and get this and Pandora Tomorrow to complete my Splinter Cell collection.
.[/QUOTE]

It would be real YMMV, since it's not in an ad and it's not a universal price drop.

You could get them to call the store, but the problem is two fold. Most wal-mart employees don't want to take the time to call out (and I think only customer service has phones that dial out... most retail jobs I worked at wouldn't let the phones on the floor dial out), and most EB employees don't even know the games are discounted.

Maybe the second problem is solved and the games are now marked at 29.99, but I know when I called to confirm the price at EB they flat out told me 49.99, until I asked them very politely to scan it and informed them of the price drop.

[quote name='Scorch']Considering Gamestop is trying to buy out EB (and don't link me to the article that says it happened, it has not been approved yet), they could be trying some of EB's techniques.[/QUOTE]

good point, execpt gamestop's site is run by BN

[quote name='schultzed']
I've had a theory about buying new releases: if you MUST buy a new game, go to Target and put your receipt within the game case for safe keeping. You have 90 days to return a sealed copy of a game . . . so a sale like this would allow you to return the sealed game. Would also work at Walmart . . . BB and CC only give you 30 days. EB and GS are how long??? I think EB is merely 15 days, not good.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't this be breaking the law?

[quote name='miriamleo']Gamestop.com is selling it at the same price too, without the coupon.
I think the game is not selling well. Last time I read about the sale Splinter Cell 3 wasn't doing to hot.[/QUOTE]
Its hard to believe that. In gamespot's March chart 2005 (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/04/26/news_6123038.html), Splinter Cell: CT for XBOX was the 12th best selling game in March despite being on the market for only 3 days. And last week it was the 5th best selling game at EB Games

[quote name='lordwow']Wouldn't this be breaking the law?[/QUOTE]

I think he means getting the difference back on your receipt?

I've done it at Circuit City alot... buy a game for 50 dollars, 2 weeks later it drops to 30 or goes on sale there or any other store, and I got and get the 20 dollars difference they owe me, as long as it's in the 30 day time frame.

[quote name='Roufuss']I think he means getting the difference back on your receipt?

I've done it at Circuit City alot... buy a game for 50 dollars, 2 weeks later it drops to 30 or goes on sale there or any other store, and I got and get the 20 dollars difference they owe me, as long as it's in the 30 day time frame.[/QUOTE]

This is different than getting the difference back on your reciept, if that were the case, it's not necessary to purchase another game and return it sealed. Just like a pricematch at BestBuy, if it goes on sale somewhere else within 30 days, they credit you with the difference... buying another copy and then returning it to a different retailer is not the same.

Hi. Long-time lurker, first-time poster. (Well, here, anyway) Does anyone know how 'lax' Best Buy is on their exchanges for unopened games with receipts? I bought this 31 (not 30!) days ago and (face flushes) amazingly still haven't opened it yet. Of course, I paid the full $49.99 for it, but what I'd like to do is exchange it, say, Tuesday for "Forza Motorsport" or even "Revenge of the Sith" and just buy it off of ebgames.com. Will they let me slide with the extra 4-5 days beyond the "30 Day Return Period"? Any knowledge or first-hand experience on this? Am I better off NOT bringing the receipt? Should I be Force-choked for even insinuating that this game and the Episode III game are essentially of 'equal value'?

P.S. I thought about selling my copy on eBay, but it appears that the non-CE version "NEW, SEALED" isn't fetching more than $40, thus not really making it worth the trouble (actually a $7-8 difference when you factor in the tax and shipping on ebgames.com). Anyway, just a short while before this deal expires, so any advice would be greatly appreciated! (Goes back to lurking for months on end)

[quote name='lordwow']This is different than getting the difference back on your reciept, if that were the case, it's not necessary to purchase another game and return it sealed. Just like a pricematch at BestBuy, if it goes on sale somewhere else within 30 days, they credit you with the difference... buying another copy and then returning it to a different retailer is not the same.[/QUOTE]Why does it need to be the exact same copy of the game I bought from them? If I buy a $50 game at Best Buy and then return it 30 days later, do I expect them to give me the exact same bills I gave them originally? As long as I get $50 back, why would I care?

Just bought it locally here. They still had plenty in stock and the employees still didn't know about it. The conversation was something like this:

Me: "y'all still have choas theory for xbox on sale?"
Employee #1: "Wha? Sale? Noooooo."
Employee #2: "The PC version's on sale, but not the Xbox version."
Me: "Well, can you scan it so I can see the price?"
#1: "Ok, but I don't think it's on sale"

Me: "I'll take it."
#1: (to #2) "Dude! It is on sale!! You should get it!"
#2: "I've got no cash!"
#1: (to me) "This is the best game I ever played!"

[quote name='ringlord']
#1: (to me) "This is the best game I ever played!"[/QUOTE]

That guy must've voted for Chaos Theory on IGN's top 99 games chart.

[quote name='TheShiz']just take it to best buy and say you want to exchange, don't mention dates.[/QUOTE]

In my experience from working at Best Buy, the computer should stop the return because it's past the 30 days.

At this point, they could override it if you are only 1 or 2 days over the limit. I wouldn't wait until Tuesday though; the quicker you return it the better.

[quote name='ringlord']Just bought it locally here. They still had plenty in stock and the employees still didn't know about it. The conversation was something like this:

Me: "y'all still have choas theory for xbox on sale?"
Employee #1: "Wha? Sale? Noooooo."
Employee #2: "The PC version's on sale, but not the Xbox version."
Me: "Well, can you scan it so I can see the price?"
#1: "Ok, but I don't think it's on sale"

Me: "I'll take it."
#1: (to #2) "Dude! It is on sale!! You should get it!"
#2: "I've got no cash!"
#1: (to me) "This is the best game I ever played!"[/QUOTE]
wow lol, they have my vote for worse employee of the month. but i just got mine at the last second lol....... last 20mins to be exact, such a great deal:applause:

[quote name='smalien1']Is it the last day for the rebate or the sale in general?[/QUOTE]
well since gamestop has the same price now, and since the EB by me had stickers saying 30$, i think that part is there to stay. but im not sure.

[quote name='Nastradamus']well since gamestop has the same price now, and since the EB by me had stickers saying 30$, i think that part is there to stay. but im not sure.[/QUOTE]

It's not a price drop, it's a sale.

Can someone answer this question, please.

"Mail the completed form along with the original EBgames.com packing list (dated 4-15-05 to 5-01-05) and the original proof of purchase (UPC code) from the boxes to:"

The EBgames.com packing list, is that the paper that comes with the game inside the package??

I'm not very bright.

Yes.

[quote name='Guest Number 2']The EBgames.com packing list, is that the paper that comes with the game inside the package??

I'm not very bright.[/QUOTE]

Xbox version is back to $49.99, the others are still cheap. The preowned Xbox version is still $26.99, or $20.24 + tax after codes and EDGE.

[quote name='guessed']Xbox version is back to $49.99, the others are still cheap. The preowned Xbox version is still $26.99, or $20.24 + tax after codes and EDGE.[/QUOTE]

Yep got the POed version for a cool $20, now I get it for $20 and don't need to worry about a gift voucher.

Back to $50 now? Wow, glad I jumped on this when I did.

Guess the folks who thought this was a universal price drop were wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back