back to school... :\

PhantomaZero

CAGiversary!
Actually I don't hate it so much. In fact finding parking at my college is almost worse than my academic workload:

British Literature
Natural Disasters (science of earthquakes, fires, etc)
Mandarin I
Political Science
Humanities - 1700 to Present

Post your classes and/or discuss school in general. High schoolers are welcome as well!

Started yesterday (monday). And my classes are

MWF:
Corrections
Intro to Lit.

TTH:
Policing
Writing 1
Pathophysiology

So far so good.

Gov. Not For Profit Accounting
Law
Entrepreneurship
Real Estate Principles
Strategic Management

Then graduation! fuck yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! 5.5 yrs will ifnally pay off :D

Fluid Mechanics
Thermodynamics
Materials for Manufacturing
Engr100 (lolz)

and all the extra time i have is gonna be spent at the autoshop for the Formula SAE competition

Advanced calculus (which seems like it'll be a joke), and graduate quantum mechanics which we'll see about tomorrow. And a whole lot of working on my thesis.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Advanced calculus (which seems like it'll be a joke), and graduate quantum mechanics which we'll see about tomorrow. And a whole lot of working on my thesis.[/QUOTE]

I am good at/love math... yet I could never wrap my head around Calculus. Was the only class I ever failed in High School. More power to ya...

Major props to you guys studying any kind of science. I'm glad I was never forced into Chem or Engineering (admittedly, where the real money is made =\ )

I actually can't wait to start school again...mainly just to see all my friends again. Don't start till towards the end of September though :)

Principles of Macroeconomics
Intro to Business II
Chinese III
International Business

[quote name='naiku']Fluid Mechanics
Thermodynamics
Materials for Manufacturing
Engr100 (lolz)

and all the extra time i have is gonna be spent at the autoshop for the Formula SAE competition[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Formula SAE is great. I participated in the Aero and Formula SAE competitions and the ASME Design Challenge and Poster competition.

On topic, enjoy college while it lasts. Life after school has been real boring for me so far. I am thinking of going back to do my PhD.

Well I started high school yesterday I am in school from 7.45 to 3.15 and should be getting my classes today so I keep you guys posted on what I have.

[quote name='ananag112']
On topic, enjoy college while it lasts. Life after school has been real boring for me so far. I am thinking of going back to do my PhD.[/QUOTE]

This, working fucking sucks. And to think I wanted to GTFO of college ASAP while I was in there, thinking working would be so much better. :lol:

Cultural Anthropology
Art Appreciation
Principles of Management
Principles of Economics II
Western Literary Tradition

i like History but it is not part of my major.
I know the Art, Anthropology and Western Lit will have some sort of history in it.

[quote name='Steggy']I am good at/love math... yet I could never wrap my head around Calculus. Was the only class I ever failed in High School. More power to ya...[/QUOTE]
This is like the 6th or 7th college calc class I've had, the only reason I say it was a joke is because the first day consisted of a very slow review of concepts every grad student should already know.

African Literature of the 18th Century
Journalism II
Literature and Society: Eastern Cultures (or something like that :\)

Yawn.

[quote name='PhantomaZero']Actually I don't hate it so much. In fact finding parking at my college is almost worse than my academic workload:

British Literature
Natural Disasters (science of earthquakes, fires, etc)
Mandarin I
Political Science
Humanities - 1700 to Present

Post your classes and/or discuss school in general. High schoolers are welcome as well![/QUOTE]

This class was harder than I'd thought it would be. I was hoping for something cool and got "how weather works" + geology instead. Good luck! :p

For me, I'm taking:
Greek and Roman Mythology
Greek and Roman Religion
Advance Latin Seminar (woo suetonius)
Self Expression in Italian

Update:
Physical Education(hate it since we got to swim and I have a fear of swimming)
Carrer Info
Band
English
Science
Math
Social Studies

Like all my classes except PE like I said because im really scared to swim!

[quote name='c0rnpwn']This class was harder than I'd thought it would be. I was hoping for something cool and got "how weather works" + geology instead. Good luck! :p

For me, I'm taking:
Greek and Roman Mythology
Greek and Roman Religion
Advance Latin Seminar (woo suetonius)
Self Expression in Italian[/QUOTE]

Ugh those were my sentiments exactly. I need a lab science for my GE and didn't want to learn about rocks, so I figured it would be cool to learn about this stuff. For my sake, I hope my experience is different from yours!

Latin sounds pretty brutal though. Are you a humanities major by any chance?

Gears, I still don't know how to swim (properly at least) and managed to make it through PE regardless. There'll definitely be some other people (probably girls) who can't swim either - don't worry too much.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']This, working fucking sucks. And to think I wanted to GTFO of college ASAP while I was in there, thinking working would be so much better. :lol:[/QUOTE]

i heard that, i want to be in graduate school by next fall. but im very lazy, hopefully i can make it happen.

High Schooler here

Advanced Composition
AP Calculus
Stellar Astronomy
Solar Astronomy
Newspaper
Intermediate Band
Physics

I'm taking Advanced Comp as an Elementary Composition college course and Physics as a General Physics college course. I even got my .edu email today so I can sign up for a free year of Prime! Yes! And I'm only taking the astronomy classes because Spanish 5 didn't work with my schedule. They are probably the easiest classes I've ever taken. Last year of high school!!

Biology Lab
Advanced Physics
Intro to Japanese
Geography

Pretty light load this quarter. I figured after two quarters of dedicating my life to Organic Chemistry I deserved a break. Plus, I go to Ohio University and I don't want to be too stressed come around Halloween time (Our party is HUUUUGE. It pretty much gave us the #2 spot on the top party schools.)

I wish I was still in school, just graduated in May. Job hunting has been a bitch for me. My final semester was the only one I really enjoyed because all of my classes actually interested me for once. My classes the last semester were:

Business Law
Finance III: Investments
Marketing II: Intermediate Marketing
Advanced Micro-economic Theory (hardest class I took in college, it made Organic Chemistry seem like a joke by comparison, but I also learned a lot of interesting things)

Trust me, us professors are just as bummed by the end of summer as you students!

And you're dead on about parking sucking the first week or two of the fall semester! Was a nightmare yesterday, so I'm working from home today to avoid it. Hoping it will have calmed down some by tomorrow.

First semester of college, so nothing too terribly exciting or noteworthy (especially considering I already have credit for my chem and calc classes, and even took calc twice already :lol:)

General Chemistry
Calc 1
Cultural Anthropology
Contemporary Moral Issues (this looks extremely interesting)
Inquiry Approaches to Teaching

That last one is a class for science and math majors to minor in education (I'm majoring in chemistry). Just trying it out for now, not sure if that's what I want to do or not. I'm kind of between minoring in education or communication sciences and disorders.

I've TAd for a Contemporary Moral Issues. It sucks. Get ready for asinine debates on abortion, the death penalty, and homosexuality.

[quote name='v1et r1ce']
Intro to Business II
[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of a level II "intro" class, unless maybe the classes were divided into quarters instead of semesters. That's kind of weird.

[quote name='PhantomaZero']Ugh those were my sentiments exactly. I need a lab science for my GE and didn't want to learn about rocks, so I figured it would be cool to learn about this stuff. For my sake, I hope my experience is different from yours!

Gears, I still don't know how to swim (properly at least) and managed to make it through PE regardless. There'll definitely be some other people (probably girls) who can't swim either - don't worry too much.[/QUOTE]

The rocks aspect of the course was the (imo) fun part as you just get a rudimentary knowledge in sedimentary and igneous rocks for floods/mud slides/dating and volcanos! (respectively)
Also, my class didn't have a lab portion, but a discussion section (it became like a lab, but shorter).

And yea I'm a humanities major - classics to be specific. I'm one of the bizarre guys who loves me some Latin. :lol:

Also:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJSrjW9Wc4A&feature=search

[quote name='PhantomaZero']Ugh those were my sentiments exactly. I need a lab science for my GE and didn't want to learn about rocks, so I figured it would be cool to learn about this stuff. For my sake, I hope my experience is different from yours!

Gears, I still don't know how to swim (properly at least) and managed to make it through PE regardless. There'll definitely be some other people (probably girls) who can't swim either - don't worry too much.[/QUOTE]
Yeah i guess i really shouldn't be to worried about it maybe it will all work out.

Community College 3rd semester for me. My classes,

Oral Communication
Basic Algebra
Networking Concepts
Windows Single User

[quote name='Cry Havoc']I've never heard of a level II "intro" class, unless maybe the classes were divided into quarters instead of semesters. That's kind of weird.[/QUOTE]

I know this happens with language classes at a lot of schools. I took Japanese 102 in college and it was still called Intro to Japanese, as was Japanese 101.

I'm so glad I'm done with school. I see school buses hitting the road and people talking about college courses and I can't help but feel liberated. I'd always get that sick feeling in my stomach on the first day. Not that all of you feel that way but I sympathies for the ones who do. Hang in there guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Calculus
Democratic Ideology and Civic Identity of the 5th Century (yeah...)
Computer Science
Physics

Wow... is that all? Mercy. Still feels like I'm gonna get my ass kicked. By Calculus, at least.

Teaching load

Intro to Programming
Linux Programming
C++ Programming
Database Design and Development
Introductory Web Programming

and my favorite class this semester
Drawing III yep I realize that it's a odd combo, but I do love my drawing classes when I get them.

[quote name='Rodimus']I'm so glad I'm done with school. I see school buses hitting the road and people taking about college courses and I can't help but feel liberated. I'd always get that sick feeling in my stomach on the first day. Not that all of you feel that way but I sympathies for the ones who do. Hang in there guys.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I do too the first day I felt like i was going throw up and It felt worst because I ate pizza for breakfast?lol I hate that feeling though.

will be my first semester of college so im actually kinda anxious to get started on monday

schedule:
english 1
calc 1
general chemistry
general chem lab
intro to engineering
new student orientation (all freshman have to take this class. BS!)

[quote name='Cry Havoc']I've never heard of a level II "intro" class, unless maybe the classes were divided into quarters instead of semesters. That's kind of weird.[/QUOTE]

Actually I just looked again and it's really called "Foundations of Business II", but it's kinda the same thing >.< And yes, my school is on the quarter system, not semesters, so every class is only 10 weeks long.

astronomy
escrow
elementary algebra
sociology

I had no idea my school offered videogame courses, I'll sign up for it next semester...

rodney-back-to-school.jpg

Developmental Psych and Behavior Analysis with 11 hours of lab work a week to round things out.

Can't wait to go back to working full time.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']This, working fucking sucks. And to think I wanted to GTFO of college ASAP while I was in there, thinking working would be so much better. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I agree. It's not as fun, your time is less of your own, and it's hard to meet people you own age.

I was ready for it to end the last year though.

I started in College right out of high school, back in 2003, and never took it seriously. I left after completing a year, and started working. I'm at a good job, and make enough to support myself and my wife, but I'm looking for more, so I started school again.

This fall I'm taking:

Intro to Statistics
Oral Business Techniques
Intro to Java
Intro to XHTML

I'm working towards an application development/database programmer degree, and a lot of the classes I have to take will be easy since I've been working with Java and SQL for a few years now.

Teaching load

Intro to Programming
Linux Programming
C++ Programming
Database Design and Development
Introductory Web Programming

Wow. There's not enough hours in the day for all that programming.

One programming class took up enough hours of my day in college.

bread's done
Back