Back to the Future (02/2009) $13.99

muncle

CAGiversary!
Just saw this on Amazon. The Back to the Future February 2009 re-release, for $13.99

http://www.amazon.com/Back-Future-M..._bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1231988325&sr=8-3

They are re-releasing all three movies on DVD (no Blu-Ray yet for some reason). These are different from the triple pack that was released in 2005. The first movie comes with 2 discs, while the two other movies are single disc.

Some of the special features are -

Disc 1:
The Making of Back to the Future
Making the Trilogy: Chapter One
Q&A with Director Robert Zemeckis and Producer Bob Gale
Enhanced Conversation with Michael J. Fox
Feature Commentary with Producers Bob Gale and Neil Canton
Deleted Scenes
Outtakes
Did You Know That? Universal Animated Anecdotes
Original Makeup Tests
Production Archives
Excerpts from the Original Screenplay
Theatrical Teaser Trailer
Cast & Filmmakers
Production Notes
DVD-ROM Features Including Total Axess
Recommendations
Special Announcements

Disc 2:
Back to the Future...The Ride
Looking Back to the Future
Back to the Future Night
Michael J. Fox Q&A

I too was holding out for no reason. Hopefully these won't be messed up like the first round of the last set.

Saw this the other day I was browsing DVDaf for my wish list. Was hoping for BR release but no luck so far. I'll stick with my regular shiny blue boxset I got when they were release on DVD first time. Will only buy BR release Trilogy. Come on! Please come out in BR! LOL :whistle2:D

They're probably just milking it. Bob Gale came out, what...6 months ago(?), and said that when they remastered for the box-set, they did it with HD releases in mind and that they'd come eventually.

Will have to pick up to get the BttF: The Ride footage as well as a correct version of the movies that isn't cropped to hell and back.

[quote name='Rihan']Will have to pick up to get the BttF: The Ride footage as well as a correct version of the movies that isn't cropped to hell and back.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that its only a few spots on part 2 that are cropped right? Most of the trilogy packs now have the correct edition as well.

[quote name='Demolition Man']You do realize that its only a few spots on part 2 that are cropped right? Most of the trilogy packs now have the correct edition as well.[/quote]

Actually it was both Part 2 and 3 that were misframed throughout various parts of both movies. Some were really terrible. Heres a link showing some misframed scenes
http://www.angelfire.com/film/bttf2/

I have the first release and Ive watched this trilogy many many times. Like others Ill only upgrade when the Blu-ray is released but I am glad they are re-releasing these movies correctly and with extra content (at least for the first movie).

The ride footage is an awesome inclusion.

[quote name='patzoo']I wish they would have all the Eric Stoltz footage. I've always been curious to see it.[/quote]

I read an interview with one of the producers (or somebody important) a month or so ago, and he said that they may never release the footage. He pretty much said that it makes Eric Stoltz look really bad and they don't want to release it because of that.

Of course he also said that they haven't destroyed the footage or anything, and that they may release sometime in the future, so you never know.

I really hope they do, because I would love to see how bad (good? nah) they would have been without Fox.

[quote name='shadowkast']$41.97 for all three movies.....sheeesh....put me on the 'waitin for bluray list'[/QUOTE]
Hopefully, all three movies should be out on Blu-ray this year.

Am I the only one who thinks this is overkill?

No movie or series deserves multiple releases like this, especially one that isn't really that good to begin with.

[quote name='captainfrizo']Am I the only one who thinks this is overkill?

No movie or series deserves multiple releases like this, especially one that isn't really that good to begin with.[/quote]

Thats a matter of opinion.

And also, this is only the second time Back to the Future has been rereleased (this time individually)

There are other movies which have been rereleased to death

[quote name='JokerCard']Thats a matter of opinion.

And also, this is only the second time Back to the Future has been rereleased (this time individually)

There are other movies which have been rereleased to death[/QUOTE]

Yeah, BttF has only been released twice (3 times if you count the supposed Blu Ray release sometime in the future)

But don't even get me started on The Indiana Jones movies, those have been released like crazy!

[quote name='E-Z-B']No one's allowed to say "Blu Ray" from this point on.[/quote]
Why not?

First off, I think OPs need to add put DVD or Blu-Ray in their thread titles.

Some us don't even think to buy DVDs anymore (especially on movies we've seen before).

I don't want to buy movies on an inferior format.

Last edited by a moderator:

No movie or series deserves multiple releases like this, especially one that isn't really that good to begin with.[/quote]
This isn't really overkill, The original box set if pretty old, I remember people wanting a double dip in 2005 for the 20th aniversery and that didn't happen. The films have never been released seperately either.

fry_bender.gif

No movie or series deserves multiple releases like this, especially one that isn't really that good to begin with.[/QUOTE]

instafail

[quote name='acdcrocks1980']This isn't really overkill, The original box set if pretty old, I remember people wanting a double dip in 2005 for the 20th aniversery and that didn't happen. The films have never been released seperately either.[/quote]
Yeah it is now.

There is a superior format out now in Blu-Ray. Some good older movies on Blu-Ray cost less yet this....DVD....is $14.

Horrible deal.

[quote name='Demolition Man']You do realize that its only a few spots on part 2 that are cropped right? Most of the trilogy packs now have the correct edition as well.[/QUOTE]

Parts 2 and 3 were cropped pretty bad in spots, and I have the original pressing of the trilogy set, before anything was fixed.

No movie or series deserves multiple releases like this, especially one that isn't really that good to begin with.[/QUOTE]

While no opinion is ever actually "wrong". I think you might be in the minority here. Then again, that is just my opinion. :)

I bet you think Castlevania should be 3d too. =P

bread's done
Back