Back to the Future: The Game (PS3) - $9.99 @ BestBuy

[quote name='sassylaurie']It's in the ad, so it's all week. It looks like reader reviews are even better than the general "very good" critic reviews.

For those that can do store pick up, the TIV at BB is $9(+bonuses, so you could actually come out ahead) and Amazon is $7 - in case you really did not like it.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I may get I this week.

I bought this when it was discounted on PS+. The best way I could describe the gameplay is that it's a little bit like L.A. Noire only without any of the driving and action. You do a lot of interacting with other people and dialog trees, which end up coming off more as multiple choice questions than the lie/truth dynamic in Noire. You also don't have to worry about consequences of failure in BTTF as if you get it wrong, you can just choose a different response.

But what can't be denied is that they put a lot of effort into getting the game to feel like a continuation of the films, though the story does kind of fall flat in the final two episodes. Still, there's plenty of callbacks to the trilogy, and some of it is just plain funny. I might pick it up again to get the platinum and to free up Hard Drive space.

[quote name='TheKing']I might pick it up again to get the platinum and to free up Hard Drive space.[/QUOTE]

It'll show up as a separate entry on your trophy list if you get the retail version.

[quote name='shoe478']It'll show up as a separate entry on your trophy list if you get the retail version.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean you can get the same trophies twice if you play both the downloadable and retail versions?

[quote name='Tsel']Does that mean you can get the same trophies twice if you play both the downloadable and retail versions?[/QUOTE]
yes

[quote name='TheKing']I bought this when it was discounted on PS+. The best way I could describe the gameplay is that it's a little bit like L.A. Noire only without any of the driving and action. You do a lot of interacting with other people and dialog trees, which end up coming off more as multiple choice questions than the lie/truth dynamic in Noire. You also don't have to worry about consequences of failure in BTTF as if you get it wrong, you can just choose a different response. [/QUOTE]

What you've just described is not just inherent of LA Noire, but just about every adventure game that's come out in the past twenty or so years.

Picked one up, missed out on this last time. Good thing about it being on a disc is that you can sell it once you are done, this type of game usually has very little replay ability.

Sold out Online, so I tried to add it to my cart to pick up at a local store. Said i couldn't do it...o_O

Its this price in store too, though? because I'll just drive down there, its 5 minutes away..

[quote name='plutoknight']Its this price in store too, though? because I'll just drive down there, its 5 minutes away..[/QUOTE]

Yes its in the ad for $9.99 as well.

how do u do insotr pickup? it says sold out online, but when i check stores it says the store near me has it... yet when i goto add to cart it said item isnt available to buy online... so i dont understand. how can i set one aside at my best buy and go get it so i dont go there for nothing? im sick today but for $10 back to the future game id run down to get it, i need medicine anyway

I saw two copies of this at one of my local BB stores today, but since I already picked it up last time(and traded it in already too;)) I just couldn't bite even for $10.

Wow, not available for shipping, but every store near me has it as Available...so I try to do store pickup and it tells me " This item is currently unavailable for online purchase."

bread's done
Back