Backlog Help

ctrek3

CAGiversary!
Hello All,

looking to thin out my Backlog as I have realized that i will never have the time to playthrough all of them, mostly RPGs. any reccomendations on what is really worth playing. thanks

PS2:
Disgaea
Disgaea 2
Dragon Quest 8
Eternal Poison
Fatal Frame 2
Fatal Frame3
LaPucelle Tactics
Magna Carta
Mana Khemia
Mana Khemia 2
Okami
Phantom Brave
Rogue Galaxy
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Devil summoner 2
Persona 4
Silent hill 2
Silent hill 3
Suikoden 5
Suikoden Tactics
unlimited saga
Wild arms alter code f

Xbox 360:
Blue dragon
Bully
Infinite Undiscovery
Kameo
Magna carta 2
Ninja Gaiden 2
record of agarest war
Tales of vespira

Ps3:
Disgaea 3
Folklore
Lair

there are others spanning back through nes days, but these need to be thinned out first

I've played some of tales, i figured id keep that one, and i finished the first shadow hearts, id like to play through the second one, any other suggestions on what is really worth keeping?

If you can deal with the dated gameplay, Bully on the 360 is great. Also a fairly easy 1000 points as long as you have the time to put into it, if that matters to you.

Nobody has said to hold onto Disgaea yet?! It's one of the greatest SRPGs ever made.

Dragon Quest VIII is a keeper, too, and although I haven't played Persona 4 yet, I had a fantastic time with P3, so I'd say hold onto that as well. For the rest of the PS2 stack, there's at least a few in there that I enjoyed quite a bit, but are not my absolute "must plays".

Thanks for all the input, I definitely wanted to play through suikoden v as I have played all the previous games and only disliked iv. Loved p3 fes, so 4 seems like a good keep, I am a fan of srpg games like ff tactics, and vandal hearts, I worry that I just won't have the time for the disgaea series, a new kid will do that to your time, I tried to get into Magna Carta but meh

As far as dq8 I put over 120 hours into dragon warrior 7 and didn't really like it, i played it at work though so it wasn't a real waste of time. I liked 4 on the ds much better, does 8 get any better? I played some of it but did not Like what I played so far

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Bully might be the game that I had the most fun with this generation. I wouldn't skip it.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why, cause I love rockstar games, but bully bored me really quickly.

Persona 4 and Bully are both great. Bully isn't really that long, considering it's a sandbox game, and it's really funny and unique! I'd recommend starting there:)

Since I always like to take on a shorter game first to thin out the backlog, I would recommend both Silent Hill 2 and 3 (although the first is still my favorite for nostalgia reasons).

After those, then I would start on one of the more lengthier RPGs on the list, or even alternately playing one of the SHs with the choice RPG to help break up the pace.

bread's done
Back