[BackOrder] Spinter Cell: Double Agent (360-Asia) $48 shipped Region Free @ Play-Asia

The word from PA is that they kinda got screwed on this one from their distributor. I've already busted their balls about it.

Was anyone able to pick this up already? This is tempting, what with the good reviews from IGN and GameSpot, but there's so much coming out in the next month and I'm spending too much money already...

$49.99 at Toys R Us...and you can get it at B&M instead of waiting 1.5 weeks from PA.

Would be semi hot if it was $39.99, but still... after you factor in TRU B2G1 sale coming up, and PAs shipping time...I really don't see why you would order from play-asia.

[quote name='JDMxB']$49.99 at Toys R Us...and you can get it at B&M instead of waiting 1.5 weeks from PA.

Would be semi hot if it was $39.99, but still... after you factor in TRU B2G1 sale coming up, and PAs shipping time...I really don't see why you would order from play-asia.[/quote]

$49.99 for the 360 version?

[quote name='gunm']$49.99 for the 360 version?[/quote]For now. It does look like a pricing error since it rings up at the register as a "Gold Ticket" or something like that. So if you want it at that price, I suggest picking it up ASAP just in case they change it back to the regular MSRP of $59.99.

Yeah i got this game for free in a contest on XBOXIC.com, they had some promotion with play asia, and i told them "You should give me a free game because I've covered wars, ya know" and I picked splinter cell double agent, being Activision and UBISOFT, make region free games. so it should be here in a couple days now.

yeah, the case does look a little different, but plays the same. I guarentee you VEGAS will be region free as well as Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and THSP8

I think I'll wait for a price drop on this one. I've never been a huge fan of the SC series, but I can't resist trying it out on the 360. However, I can resist paying $50 for it. Thanks anyway Cheapy. Keep it bald!

I picked up 4 $14.99 games last week, traded them in yesterday for Double Agent and Tiger Woods at FYE. I only got a chance to play for an hour last night, it is sweet.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']That would be fine if not for the plus tax part....[/quote]
$51.10 for the Japanese version, plus waiting for it to get to the US.

$53.27 for the US version shipped immediately within the US with 7.25% tax applied to CA.

I don't think $2.17 is that much more to pay for US packaging and to get the game faster (and for the game to have a warranty).

The resale value of a US version is also going to be much higher later.

[quote name='ZildjianKX']$51.10 for the Japanese version, plus waiting for it to get to the US.

$53.27 for the US version shipped immediately within the US with 7.25% tax applied to CA.

I don't think $2.17 is that much more to pay for US packaging and to get the game faster (and for the game to have a warranty).

The resale value of a US version is also going to be much higher later.[/quote]
It wasn't $51.10 for the Japanese version, it was $48 shipped ($44.90 + $3.10 shipping, see topic)

[quote name='the ender']I think I'll wait for a price drop on this one. I've never been a huge fan of the SC series, but I can't resist trying it out on the 360. However, I can resist paying $50 for it. Thanks anyway Cheapy. Keep it bald![/QUOTE]

I wasn't a fan of the original SC either. Pandora Tomorrow fixed some of the original's flaws (as did the PS2 original SC), but still had its frustrating moments. Choas Theory was great though, and this new one seems to follow in CT's footsteps, with the save anywhere, knife attacks, etc. I'm also excited about the new online game, which is supposed to be more accessible than the great-but-elitist modes in the previous two SCs.

By the way, from Sun. to Sat., the price at TRU will be $40 plus tax, even if they do raise the price, once you factor in the B2G1 (assuming you pick up two other $60 360 titles).

bread's done
Back