Bad Company 2 PC Amazon (activates on Origin) $4.99

V4oLDbOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
93 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
if you buy you can view your key on amazon.

download origin and activate the code. Works for the digital deluxe version.

anyone who also bought this from so far, did it activate to the digital deluxe version on origin. Just curious if something weird happened to my code or something.

How do you activate this on EA? Does Amazon send you a code or something? I never purchased anything digital via Amazon so I'm a bit lost. Sorry!

Edit: I just got it.
Mine went straight to Digital Deluxe as well. Wow! What a pleasant surprise.
Thanks again OP!

Thanks man :D Damn, I have it for :360: and :ps3:...fuck it I'm getting it for :pc: too. Is it better to activate on Steam or on Origin?

[quote name='htown01']Thanks man :D Damn, I have it for :360: and :ps3:...fuck it I'm getting it for :pc: too. Is it better to activate on Steam or on Origin?[/QUOTE]

doesn't activate on steam, not steamworks.

OP, thanks a ton!! I was waiting for Vietnam on the 360 to go on sale but this is way too good to pass up!

Btw, V4oldboy, when I activated my code on origin, it asked me which version I wanted to activate. I chose digital deluxe, and it acted like it ate my code. Just go to your settings and "refresh my games" and then it showed up in my "my games" section.

[quote name='sinned47']wait, so do i just buy it off amazon and that's it? digital deluxe from amazon?[/QUOTE]

No you go to origin.com and download it. Than you redeem the code on it.

[quote name='sinned47']wait, so do i just buy it off amazon and that's it? digital deluxe from amazon?[/QUOTE]

You'll get an activation key via Amazon.com.
Download the Origin client and you can redeem the code on there.

Don't know if anyone is having this problem, but after redeeming the code on Origin for the Deluxe version, it continuously asks me for a key code when I try to play Vietnam. The main CD key doesn't work, going to order history and my games on Origin shows nothing. Is there a trick to this? I'm reading some forums on EA's site and it looks like when you buy the Digital Deluxe through EA themselves, they email you a Vietnam code, if this is the case then is even a way to get the Vietnam expansion on this download?

Confirmed! Its a Digital Deluxe version when you activate it on Origin. It took me a while find a way so i can buy it from Amazon since its only for US, but yeah who said that int'l credit card won't work?
I'm in Milan and this game price is a bit too expensive in EA Origin EU store.

Thanks OP!!!

[quote name='Chardyll']Don't know if anyone is having this problem, but after redeeming the code on Origin for the Deluxe version, it continuously asks me for a key code when I try to play Vietnam. The main CD key doesn't work, going to order history and my games on Origin shows nothing. Is there a trick to this?[/QUOTE]

Click that cog-wheel (option) in the upper left of the origin client (next to avatar) and choose refresh my game list, it works with me.

[quote name='vashtheowner']No you go to origin.com and download it. Than you redeem the code on it.[/QUOTE]

the redeem game code under the gear tab?

[quote name='sinned47']the redeem game code under the gear tab?[/QUOTE]

right, and then you put the game code that you got from amazon there, make sure you put the bubble for the deluxe edition and after you do that go under the gear tab and press refresh games.

[quote name='vashtheowner']right, and then you put the game code that you got from amazon there, make sure you put the bubble for the deluxe edition and after you do that go under the gear tab and press refresh games.[/QUOTE]

got it. thanks for your help very much.

[quote name='Bonobos']Click that cog-wheel (option) in the upper left of the origin client (next to avatar) and choose refresh my game list, it works with me.[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing, the main game loads up fine and it accepted my CD key with no problems. It's just when I want to play the Vietnam xpac. It asks me for a redemption code, and entering the CD key doesn't work, tells me my code is either mistyped (which I'm positive its not) or that its already been used. Suffice it to say, I can play regular but no Vietnam.

[quote name='gunstar808']You sure you're getting Vietnam? Think you are supposed to enter a retail key for it ingame.

-[/QUOTE]

The Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 Digital Deluxe Edition brings back the Limited Edition of Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 for a limited time, bundled with Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 Vietnam at a special bundle price!

[quote name='Chardyll']Here's the thing, the main game loads up fine and it accepted my CD key with no problems. It's just when I want to play the Vietnam xpac. It asks me for a redemption code, and entering the CD key doesn't work, tells me my code is either mistyped (which I'm positive its not) or that its already been used. Suffice it to say, I can play regular but no Vietnam.[/QUOTE]

well this is bad. Same happens to me.

Maybe Origin is F'd up and recognizes the code as the deluxe edition, but since its really not it wont work in game?

For now I'd say this is for BFBC2 only and not vietnam, something is weird.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']well this is bad. Same happens to me.

Maybe Origin is F'd up and recognizes the code as the deluxe edition, but since its really not it wont work in game?

For now I'd say this is for BFBC2 only and not vietnam, something is weird.[/QUOTE]

I did a bit of digging in the EA forums and so far it looks like the Digital Deluxe version, when bought you are emailed a token code for a copy of Vietnam. This is done either from EA themselves or from whatever 3rd party it was bought from. I saw one of the mods explain to one member that because he bought his copy from a 3rd party seller, albeit digital deluxe, that it was the responsibility of that 3rd party to give him a vietnam code. I guess if you buy the deluxe directly from EA, they give you a code for Vietnam through your order history. Since in this case the purchase was for a regular copy, I think we're not getting Vietnam, just the limited edition unlocks. PLEASE, someone prove me wrong, I really want to play Vietnam!

[quote name='vashtheowner']The Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 Digital Deluxe Edition brings back the Limited Edition of Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 for a limited time, bundled with Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 Vietnam at a special bundle price![/QUOTE]

Where is that quote from? EA's store?

Everytime Bad Company 2 has been on sale, the threads have been the same. People get "upgraded" to digital deluxe and think they are getting Vietnam, but then are disappointed. Vietnam requires its own activation key. The good news tho, is that you can buy that key from anywhere, it is redeemed ingame.

-

Just got off EA chat.

response.
I am sorry to say that if you purchase digital deluxe edition from EA store only then you get the code for Vietnam expansion.

I wonder how we could even get vietnam, just buy a key since we already technically downloaded it?

[quote name='gunstar808']Where is that quote from? EA's store?

Everytime Bad Company 2 has been on sale, the threads have been the same. People get "upgraded" to digital deluxe and think they are getting Vietnam, but then are disappointed. Vietnam requires its own activation key. The good news tho, is that you can buy that key from anywhere, it is redeemed ingame.

-[/QUOTE]

ya it was from origin so pretty much what your saying.

This is annoying though since the digital deluxe has vietnam so its like 3+ gb extra to download and keep on your HDD. I'd rather have the regular version instead of having the dead weight of a nonplayable vietnam.

I think the regular version, when patched will have Vietnam. Its included in the patches/map packs. Same with 360 version.

Hopefully there will be a cheap key for Vietnam at some point.

this sucks. at least if you buy both battlefield bad company 2 and the vietnam expansion from amazon its half of what ea is charging.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much, OP. Bad Company 2 for $5. I've spent $22 on bargain download games in the last 24 hours, and despite the summer sale, only $6 of those were on Steam!
[quote name='V4oLDbOY']This is annoying though since the digital deluxe has vietnam so its like 3+ gb extra to download and keep on your HDD. I'd rather have the regular version instead of having the dead weight of a nonplayable vietnam.[/QUOTE]
I just went through and selected the normal version on Origin, and it's still over 8GB, compared to 5,500MB listed on Amazon. Origin will force those files onto your poor, vulnerable hdd either way, it seems.

Yeah. Vietnam won't redeem for me either. Sigh. Oh well.
Btw guys... are you guys having any luck finding games???
Every game I've been put into, there are 0 people in the servers. ): Is it just me??

[quote name='kyrhon']Yeah. Vietnam won't redeem for me either. Sigh. Oh well.
Btw guys... are you guys having any luck finding games???
Every game I've been put into, there are 0 people in the servers. ): Is it just me??[/QUOTE]

no I've heard others complain, pick a server manually, the play now option sucks from what I've tried so far.

On the consoles, Vietnam is already in one of the regular patches for BFBC2. When you buy Vietnam, you get a tiny download to unlock it.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']no I've heard others complain, pick a server manually, the play now option sucks from what I've tried so far.[/QUOTE]

Still 0 servers found when I go to Server Browsing. ):

I lied. I got it! Thanks~ I'm going to go have some fun now. :)

[quote name='eau']On the consoles, Vietnam is already in one of the regular patches for BFBC2. When you buy Vietnam, you get a tiny download to unlock it.[/QUOTE]

This is correct and goes for the PC as well that's why the Origin version is much larger than the Amazon download because it includes the latest patch with Vietnam already downloaded, you just need to unlock it. I'm not sure why they did it this way. That's why it's saying you got the deluxe version but still need the correct code to unlock Vietnam.

can anyone tell me if this game can be played with a game pad? I tried it with the Xbox 360/Windows (wired) controller and nothing.
any advice would be appreciated.

[quote name='warpedsoul']How big is the total download size?[/QUOTE]

Around 8.5 GB, + or - 250MB. I have to wait until Monday to download this; I'm around that much from hitting my monthly AT&T data limit :whistle2:(

Are there any deals on vietnam out there other than $9 on amazon and origin? Sadly bought this before the steam sale, not sure if I want vietnam but would be nice to have the option at $5.

bread's done
Back