Bad news for people getting a wii from TRU on Friday.

The bundles I've seen advertised are just the Wii and Ultimate Alliance for ten bucks below MSRP. It's not a bad deal at all if that's the bundle you're forced to buy.

It's against TRU policy to force bundles, unless they've made some drastic policy change in the last week. Either way, you'd be able to return all bundled items with no problems at all.

[quote name='FallMoon']A lot of bundles make you buy 3 games you don't want to.[/QUOTE]

The bundle is the Wii and one game for slightly cheaper than what they would cost if bought seperately.

[quote name='furyk']The bundles I've seen advertised are just the Wii and Ultimate Alliance for ten bucks below MSRP. It's not a bad deal at all if that's the bundle you're forced to buy.[/quote]

From what I read it looks like on Friday they will be forcing you to buy the same fucking bundles they have online ($539 & $589).

I wouldn't mind picking one up if it's just that Marvel Alliance one or if you'd be able to return the unwanted stuff. I thought I had the action bundle ordered on-line last week only to have it cancelled two days later due to "out of stock". I was planning on keeping the unit w/ Zelda and returning the rest to the B&M store.

I think each store will get 20, even though my Toys R Us got about 60 on Sunday. You'll probably have to camp out starting at 10 Pm the night before. This isn't good for me, will they let a 14 year old buy a Wii alone?

How can you returned the games out of a bundled Wii? Are you freaking serious? Then I'll buy one and return the games right there in the counter.

[quote name='superspiffy']How can you returned the games out of a bundled Wii? Are you freaking serious? Then I'll buy one and return the games right there in the counter.[/quote]

I've heard it depends on how the bundle rings up on the reciept. If all the games are rung in under separate SKU's you can come back at a later date and return all of the individual items you don't want. If the bundle is under one single SKU for the whole thing you're screwed.

[quote name='FallMoon']I think each store will get 20, even though my Toys R Us got about 60 on Sunday. You'll probably have to camp out starting at 10 Pm the night before. This isn't good for me, will they let a 14 year old buy a Wii alone?[/quote]money talks my friend. money talks.

I'll let you guys in on a little info. TRU will break the bundles if you bitch enough. When we did 360 launches if a customer complained enough they didnt have to buy the bundle. Same holds true for the Wii. You could even sweet talk them into swapping the bad game(s) for good ones.

[quote name='FallMoon']I think each store will get 20, even though my Toys R Us got about 60 on Sunday. You'll probably have to camp out starting at 10 Pm the night before. This isn't good for me, will they let a 14 year old buy a Wii alone?[/quote]

Walmart let a 16 year old buy three playstation 3's and two Wii's :rofl:

as long as you have money, you are able to buy it, regardless of age. Although you can't use your parents credit card (unless its linked in your name too, which i dunno if its possible with your age) unless they are with you. or you have a boatload of cash in your pocket.

I went to Toys R Us two weeks ago to wait overnight for a few Wii. They had this bundle too (although back then, it came with a controller glove too).

But as everyone else was saying, Toys R Us can't force you to buy a bundle. They recently got into trouble for that.

Also, my store had divided their allotment of systems. They told us that half were bundles, and the other half were system only. Maybe your store will do that, maybe not. Even if they say its all bundles, that still has no effect on the fact that they can't force the bundle on you. They just aren't going to tell anyone that.

[quote name='hack']I went to Toys R Us two weeks ago to wait overnight for a few Wii. They had this bundle too (although back then, it came with a controller glove too).

But as everyone else was saying, Toys R Us can't force you to buy a bundle. They recently got into trouble for that.

Also, my store had divided their allotment of systems. They told us that half were bundles, and the other half were system only. Maybe your store will do that, maybe not. Even if they say its all bundles, that still has no effect on the fact that they can't force the bundle on you. They just aren't going to tell anyone that.[/quote]

Any idea how many each store will have?

Hey guys, do not camp out....the systems will NOT be in the store until Midday on Friday....and NO, TRU will not force you to buy a bundle. It will be signed as a bundle but you can purchase what you want to....

[quote name='sren9']Hey guys, do not camp out....the systems will NOT be in the store until Midday on Friday....and NO, TRU will not force you to buy a bundle. It will be signed as a bundle but you can purchase what you want to....[/QUOTE]

Wow, there's going to be a lot of PO'd people outside TRU when you get there in the AM :rofl:. I know 2 weeks ago when they had them here there were 60-80 people outside 1+ hour before opening. If people are that desperate they will just continue to wait until mid-day then. So, basically, you probably still have to camp out to get one - it's just going to take even longer to find out they don't have enough :lol:.

[quote name='io']Wow, there's going to be a lot of PO'd people outside TRU when you get there in the AM :rofl:. I know 2 weeks ago when they had them here there were 60-80 people outside 1+ hour before opening. If people are that desperate they will just continue to wait until mid-day then. So, basically, you probably still have to camp out to get one - it's just going to take even longer to find out they don't have enough :lol:.[/quote]That's only if they let the line move inside for half the business day. Otherwise people will wander in and buy one while all the poor saps are waiting outside. ;)

[quote name='botticus']That's only if they let the line move inside for half the business day. Otherwise people will wander in and buy one while all the poor saps are waiting outside. ;)[/QUOTE]

Right, but either way it sounds like a mess and I'm glad I don't have to deal with it. I stay at home, inside, warm and dry, and play Excite Truck and Elebits :lol:.

I'm just trying to warn people who are doing this - either get the scoop from your local TRU on how they are going to handle it, or expect a mess when you go in. Either you will go really early, wait for several hours and then have them tell you to disperse because they aren't in till afternoon. Or possibly they will just have the line stay there till they come in. Or what Botticus said might happen (and riots will ensue). Or if you wait till the afternoon you might be met with a line or ornery people who have had to wait several more hours than they expected. Doesn't sound fun no matter how it goes down.

[quote name='io']I'm just trying to warn people who are doing this - either get the scoop from your local TRU on how they are going to handle it, or expect a mess when you go in.[/quote]

Here's my problem... I've called four different TRUs in my area of Minnesota, and all of them say that they know nothing about a shipment on the 22nd. I just fail to understand how TRU Corporate can issue a press release, but individual stores (at least, the ones in this area) assert that they know nothing about it.

[quote name='EnsignGarak']Here's my problem... I've called four different TRUs in my area of Minnesota, and all of them say that they know nothing about a shipment on the 22nd. I just fail to understand how TRU Corporate can issue a press release, but individual stores (at least, the ones in this area) assert that they know nothing about it.[/quote] This happens to me all the time. Stores never know about their own deals, I always try to explain it to them and they think I'm making stuff up.

Hmmm so the only thing we know is that TRU will be getting Wii systems on Friday. We don't know how many or when. That is going to be crazy if there's a line of people when they open and they come out saying "sorry folks the Wii's haven't arrived yet. Check back later this afternoon." I would hope they'd have some sort of plan like know ahead of time how many are coming and start a list or hand out tickets. I'm sure that won't be the case though.

I saw another post mentioning BB will have Wii's on Friday as well? Is this merely a rumor or has this been confirmed?

[quote name='sren9']Systems arrived today....may get more for tomorrow...sold out in 30 minutes...[/quote]

I've read in other threads where people are reporting buying the systems today. The store closest to me did not receive any but told me they could not confirm or deny they would be getting some tomorrow. I was told the best thing to do was be there when they open and see if they get them.

I'm wondering if there will be a campout for them?

[quote name='sren9']Systems arrived today....may get more for tomorrow...sold out in 30 minutes...[/quote]

What time did the shipment arrive? Seems most people picked them up at around noon. I'm trying to figure out my plan of attack for tomorrow.

bread's done
Back