Bad time to buy a PSP?

ssssss

CAGiversary!
I've been interested in purchasing a PSP for a while now.
I've heard the rumors about a PSP2 and was wondering if that makes this a bad time to purchase a PSP, in respect to there would probably be a universal price drop when the PSP2 comes out. I'd be purchasing through eBay, do you guys think that would make an impact on the price even after the PSP2 comes out? Does that usually happen on eBay?
I'm mainly interested in playing Locoroco, Patapon, Virtua Tennis 3, Parappa the Rapper (If anyone has this game can you please give me some impressions, I have Parappa 2 for the PS2 coming in the mail) and MVP Baseball.
Also, since I do not own a PS3, can I purchase a PSN game such as Pixeljunk Monsters on my friends PS3 and play it on a PSP that I buy?
Thanks!

[quote name='Scorch']If you've waited this long, I would wait and see what they announce at E3 this year.[/quote]
I have waited a pretty long time, but that was due to my previous Nintendo fanboy-ism. I deemed Sony equal to the Devil, but I'm pretty impatient generally so I want a PSP asap.

[quote name='CheapAssRu']I would wait... you will regret it if you buy one and then the psp2 comes out![/quote]
I've had a DS since they've came out and I'm pretty underwhelmed by it. How much cheaper do you think the PSP would get if the PSP2 came out?

Also, does anyone know if the Dell PSP for $145 deal is still good?

[quote name='ssssss']I've had a DS since they've came out and I'm pretty underwhelmed by it. How much cheaper do you think the PSP would get if the PSP2 came out?

Also, does anyone know if the Dell PSP for $145 deal is still good?[/quote]

Sony recently denied any truth to the rumors regarding the PSP 2. Sony is losing a ton of money and add the financial crisis my bet is Sony will hold off until the global economy picks back up.

In other words if you want a PSP I would pull the trigger. My suggestion is to avoid eBay if you want a PSP or any system.

p.s. Amazon is selling the Core PSP 3000 for $169.95 with free shipping and no tax.

[quote name='Rodster']Sony recently denied any truth to the rumors regarding the PSP 2. Sony is losing a ton of money and add the financial crisis my bet is Sony will hold off until the global economy picks back up.

In other words if you want a PSP I would pull the trigger. My suggestion is to avoid eBay if you want a PSP or any system.

p.s. Amazon is selling the Core PSP 3000 for $169.95 with free shipping and no tax.[/quote]
Thanks.
I would buy from amazon, but I'm trying to use PayPal. Also, I heard the 3000 isn't as good as the cheaper 2000.
Also, wouldn't Sony always deny PSP2 rumors? If they didn't, no one would buy the current PSP. But IMO you are right that Sony is losing a ton of money and that might hold them off for a while.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Download the PayPal plug in and it will generate a credit card number so you can use your PayPal money on Amazon.[/quote]
Seriously? Dude, that's amazing! Can you please link me?

[quote name='ssssss']Seriously? Dude, that's amazing! Can you please link me?[/quote]

I never heard of that either, link please :) thats a great plugin if you ask me!:bouncy:

[quote name='ssssss']Thanks.
I would buy from amazon, but I'm trying to use PayPal. Also, I heard the 3000 isn't as good as the cheaper 2000.
Also, wouldn't Sony always deny PSP2 rumors? If they didn't, no one would buy the current PSP. But IMO you are right that Sony is losing a ton of money and that might hold them off for a while.[/quote]

I believe Sony this time around because they are losing bag loads of money with the PlayStation brand. I seriously doubt Sony is willing to gamble more of their money away, especially in this economic climate.

I tried the PSP 3000 and the screen is amazingly nice. It does have what you call scan lines but in order to see them you have to forget about the game and totally concentrate on the screen. In other words it's barely noticeable and if you do notice it, it's no big deal. The screen is brighter and has better colors.

If you're not interested in modding/hacking your PSP then go with the PSP 3000. I have a hacked Phat PSP so i'm good until Sony introduces another model.

[quote name='Rodster']I believe Sony this time around because they are losing bag loads of money with the PlayStation brand. I seriously doubt Sony is willing to gamble more of their money away, especially in this economic climate.

I tried the PSP 3000 and the screen is amazingly nice. It does have what you call scan lines but in order to see them you have to forget about the game and totally concentrate on the screen. In other words it's barely noticeable and if you do notice it, it's no big deal. The screen is brighter and has better colors.

If you're not interested in modding/hacking your PSP then go with the PSP 3000. I have a hacked Phat PSP so i'm good until Sony introduces another model.[/quote]
How much better is the screen for the PSP 3000 over the 2000? Is it worth 25 bucks?

[quote name='pitfallharry219']https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/general/PPPluginExternal-outside[/quote]
Thanks!!

[quote name='Chitown021']Here's a side-by-side comparison.[/quote]
Sweet man, thanks, appreciate it.
Anyone know if the Dell deal is still live? It doesn't appear as such on the Dell site and I don't have an account so I don't know if you have to log in and what not :cry:

[quote name='ssssss']How much better is the screen for the PSP 3000 over the 2000? Is it worth 25 bucks?

Thanks!![/quote]

In person the difference is night and day where you wouldn't want the PSP 2000 screen. The best comparison I could give you is the original DS vs the DS Lite screen.

I've been holding out in purchasing a PSP solely because I can't find an in-store deal since Christmas.

I'd buy a PSP now since I bought a DS lite last summer. I don't mind getting a PSP when the PSP2 is released.

I think you're better off holding out for now. There's nothing really coming out software wise for a while on the platform (The game is Dissidia, and after that, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep). Also, they're probably going to announce a new version of the PSP later this year for some unknown reason, hopefully with a internal storage (which is all it needs).

[quote name='ssssss']I would buy from amazon, but I'm trying to use PayPal.[/quote]
FYI, Buy.com takes PayPal, that's where I got my PSP. They also have 5 or 8% off coupons come around pretty often.

If you care to hear any more speculation, my feeling is that the PSP2 is a ways off. There will probably be another minor revision (PSP 4000) this year or next, but Sony is not in a position to retire the whole platform and start over any time soon. It's the last thing they can afford right now.

If I was you, I'd skip PaRappa on PSP. The timing is slightly off in the game - not enough that you can really tell it's off by looking at it, but off enough that it makes playing the game almost impossible. Which is a shame because it's an awesome game... (Not as good as Bust A Groove, though... which Sony seriously needs to release on PSN!)

As for 2000 vs. 3000, go 3000. As Rodster said, you need to stop paying attention to your game and look for the problems to actually see them. When I got my 3000, I did a side by side comparison between it and my friend's 2000 - the 3000's screen is much brighter and more colorful. My guess is, everyone who says the 3000 sucks hasn't actually used a 3000 - they just saw a few YouTube videos and declared the 3000 as unplayable.

bread's done
Back