Banjo Kazooey rip off discrace

stuart

CAG Veteran
Banjo Kazooey: Nuts and bolts is a game I have been looking forward to, and it being a $40 game I thought the price would be ruduced in the UK,

Sadiy not,; the game is £40 that equals $63!

This is such a discrace, they are blatently ripping us off. I would happily pay £40 if was $60 in the US, but I gust feel Microsoft is trying to con us.

Are games normally 40 pounds or 60?

EDIT: Well I went on Amazon.co.uk and are normal retail prices £50? They list that for all their shit (though they sell things for £40), including Banjo Kazooie, and so you're getting ripped off regardless if you pay retail there vs. retail here.

[quote name='stuart']Banjo Kazooey: Nuts and bolts is a game I have been looking forward to, and it being a $40 game I thought the price would be ruduced in the UK,

Sadiy not,; the game is £40 that equals $63!

This is such a discrace, they are blatently ripping us off. I would happily pay £40 if was $60 in the US, but I gust feel Microsoft is trying to con us.[/QUOTE]

How daft can you be? Everything in the UK is MORE expensive for the same items here after rate conversions.

You should have known that.

I think OP has a point - regionalization for IP is complete and utter bullshit.

I should be able to import a game from Timbuctu, pay the customs, and have it play perfectly on my PS2 if I want to. Other luxuries such as gold or caviar work this way, and the proprietors are still able to turn a profit with no problem.

I don't know what this is about, but fuck, buddy, did you get so angry you just smacked your keyboard with your forehead and hit post?

[quote name='KingBroly']It's Kazooie.

*puts on Spellmaster's Hat of Excellence[/quote]

You correct that but not "disgrace", "reduced", "blatantly", "sadly", or "just"?

[quote name='stuart']Sadiy not,; the game is £40 that equals $63![/QUOTE]

No it doesn't. £40 = £40.

It also equals 4,000 pence, if you like.

Unless you live in England but somehow get paid in dollars, and have a magic shop where you can buy games with greenbacks. In which case, blame the magic shop you found.

[quote name='KingBroly']It's Kazooie.

*puts on Spellmaster's Hat of Excellence[/QUOTE]

Now if you can translate "discrace" for me, maybe I would be able to make heads or tails of this incomprehensible gibberish in the OP.

Yes OP, but the same job in each country would pay more in England. For example, a McDonalds' employee in England who works 20 hours per week, would earn more than a McDonalds' employee in America who also works 20 hours per week. It all evens out...kind of.

I realise* that things cost more in the UK, I'm just bothered that it is a budget title in the US, and not here.

*(British spelling)

bread's done
Back