Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Gen. Discussion & Info

COOL! I just found a neat glitch that essentially lets you levatate to any high points in showdown town (idk if it works other places). Here's how:

Place a box in your cart
Jump on top of the box, use the bumpers to select the cart if it's not already, and right trigger to lift. It keeps going, and going, and going...

Very nice for those hard to reach item boxes and notes!

[quote name='Zmonkay']Thanks for the tip! wtf, that was odd.

The final level, if it's what I think your talking about, is in the manual too, and LOG even mentions it.
Are you talking Spiral Mountain? If so, LOG says that once you face enough challenges, the final showdown in and for Spiral Mountain will take place.
[/quote]

How very subtle of him. I just tried the online part and...it's so bad. It's just random crap. I even think you can party up in Ranked, too. Which is good, considering I'm only playing online for achievements.

EDIT: Nevermind, you can't. Online sucks, period.

[quote name='Zmonkay']OK, I'm sure I'm just dumb, but where the hell is the
glowbo the yellow jinjo is asking for in act 3 of the first level? She says she was near the volcano and kicked it into the pool or something like that, but it doesn't seem to be in the lava, nor in pool (big ol ring around water, assuming that's the pool?)
On a side note: I'm loving this game, but like the demo, I'm sure it's heavily due to my love of the first BK. All the little homages are just great. Go talk to LOG.
he says something like "They're all coming: KI3, Battletoads, Jet Force Gemini" I just wanna know if it's true, or just a mean tease (JFG!!!)

The crappy controls really don't seem to bother me too much, but I do hope they control better later. About to get wheel upgrade 1 I guess (according to KingBroly)[/quote]

OMG a
new Jet Force Gemini game
would be beyond awesome.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Started the game last night, played for about an hour. Loving what I've played so far. Not sure why it got a lot of hate.[/quote]

I think it's being hated on because it isn't Banjo-Threeie. I'm essentially thinking of it as a Banjo-Kazooie/Diddy Kong Racing/GTA4 for Children mashup. It has these eclectic elements that fit decently well together.

That, or you could consider it a Banjo-Kazooie fan fiction. Just something ridiculous set in the world. Since it is the BK world, I can't help but enjoy it.

[quote name='Luftwaffles08']I think it's being hated on because it isn't Banjo-Threeie. I'm essentially thinking of it as a Banjo-Kazooie/Diddy Kong Racing/GTA4 for Children mashup. It has these eclectic elements that fit decently well together.

That, or you could consider it a Banjo-Kazooie fan fiction. Just something ridiculous set in the world. Since it is the BK world, I can't help but enjoy it.[/quote]

Whatever it is...I don't get it. I'm in love with this game.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Whatever it is...I don't get it. I'm in love with this game.[/quote]

It's a mini-game collection with an overworld.

[quote name='KingBroly']It's a mini-game collection with an overworld.[/quote]

If you play the original XBLA game its basically the same thing. Those little puzzles that you find around the game worlds are mini games.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']If you play the original XBLA game its basically the same thing. Those little puzzles that you find around the game worlds are mini games.[/quote]

Pretty much. I'm about halfway through the OG Kazooie and this isn't much of a platformer at all.

Well, this one seems to go a bit overboard with the concept:

- Take a challenge
- Win a Jiggy
- Exit level
- Pump crank to get Jiggy
- Put Jiggy in cart
- Drive over to Bank Jiggy
- Repeat

And sometimes I get the feeling the worlds are big just for the sake of being big (The whole Act system for example), which isn't a good thing. And it's pretty clear this is just Banjo-Kazooie stapled onto this game considering the extremely limited use of Kazooie, who has no real place in this game.

I love the game to death, but I do not like how so many things and objects are not stapled to the grounds, like mumbo's house in Nutty Acres, it makes everything feel so artificial (which I think is the point, but still.)

[quote name='KingBroly']It's a mini-game collection with an overworld.[/quote]

Since you've been consistently against this game, were you also against Banjo-Tooie? There's a large constituency who found that was a let down from the original B-K too.

About 16 jiggy's into the game and I gotta say this game is a blast, I was kinda skeptical with the demo but the full game really won me over.

[quote name='Luftwaffles08']Since you've been consistently against this game, were you also against Banjo-Tooie? There's a large constituency who found that was a let down from the original B-K too.[/QUOTE]

*Raises hand

Honestly, the BK series seems to be dif. genre each game. I'd give BK as a Mario 64 platformer clone. The huge worlds, multiple NPCs, quests and such all lent BT a Zelda feel for me (not as good as Zelda, or even BK for that matter, but still fun). This is like a strange mishmash of GTA and... THPS? IDK why, but the missions give me a Tony Hawk feeling (the more recent THPS games at least). Still loving it though.

I just picked up the game. Hopefully I get some good time in tonight.

[quote name='cochesecochese']So what does the Stop 'n Swop actually do in Nuts and Bolts?[/quote]I just got the first egg (pink I think), and it
unlocked a crate with a useless accessory in it

That's what they all do. I just hope they go back and add in that functionality for Tooie like originally intended. I mean, you can get the items through cheats in Tooie, so why not just open it up a bit.

I'm up to the Jiggoseum now, and I've found that you can download blueprints from leaderboard replays, which is pretty sweet.

Also...another Mario reference:
Where you can see Peach's Castle, if you turn to your left, you can see Luigi's Mansion

[quote name='pop311']I just got the first egg (pink I think), and it
unlocked a crate with a useless accessory in it
[/quote]

Swede. Is there a list of all the stop 'n swop parts anywhere?

I just started playing the game. First off, the text color and size sucks. And I'm on an HDTV. Second, they should have made all text boxes have you click A when you're ready to advance, even during the cutscenes.

The game looks beautiful though.

I've also noticed some slowdown issues.

When I started the game, after getting the first achievement for doing that collectathon...I missed some of the dialogue...did L.O.G. make a reference to Mario?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']When I started the game, after getting the first achievement for doing that collectathon...I missed some of the dialogue...did L.O.G. make a reference to Mario?[/quote]

Yeah, something along the lines of "like that Italian fellow."

I'm not too far ahead, I kinda want to start the game over to see what he said. I find the dialogue quite funny in this game...cheezy funny.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm not too far ahead, I kinda want to start the game over to see what he said. I find the dialogue quite funny in this game...cheezy funny.[/quote]

Yeah I'm chuckling quite a bit so far. I just wish the text was easier to read and didn't scroll so fast during cutscenes. Maybe I'm just retarded. :cry:

[quote name='genfuyung']Anyone have any idea how to get the ice key in banjo xbla?[/quote]

if i remember correctly you have to wait till banjo tooie comes out to get it.

[quote name='xeno']if i remember correctly you have to wait till banjo tooie comes out to get it.[/quote]
Nah the IGN reviewer got it and said it unlocked a vehicle part in nuts and bolts. Its hard to get an answer about how to get to it because so few people have the game right now.

If you've played N&B once, you can just play BK XBLA and go get it. Same as all the other stop n' swop stuff.

[quote name='Blackout']I just started playing the game. First off, the text color and size sucks. And I'm on an HDTV. Second, they should have made all text boxes have you click A when you're ready to advance, even during the cutscenes.

The game looks beautiful though.

I've also noticed some slowdown issues.[/quote]

When the first world first loaded up and gave you the sitcom opening, mine basically just ground to a halt. Played for 2 seconds, stopped, played for two seconds stopped. Will be seeing if putting it on the hard drive fixes that ASAP.

[quote name='Luftwaffles08']When the first world first loaded up and gave you the sitcom opening, mine basically just ground to a halt. Played for 2 seconds, stopped, played for two seconds stopped. Will be seeing if putting it on the hard drive fixes that ASAP.[/QUOTE]

Really? That's odd. Plays fine on my system. Hopefully your DVD drive isn't crapping out (sounds like what was happening to mine before I sent it in to get fixed). *knocks on wood

I found a Stop N' Swop egg on the 2nd level on the XBLA game...does it automatically unlock something in N&B or do I have to collect all the eggs and then do something with them?

[quote name='Luftwaffles08']When the first world first loaded up and gave you the sitcom opening, mine basically just ground to a halt. Played for 2 seconds, stopped, played for two seconds stopped. Will be seeing if putting it on the hard drive fixes that ASAP.[/quote]

Hmm. Mine aren't that bad. I'm talking for maybe half a second it slows down then continues on. I'll probably be installing to the HD when I can to see if it fixes it.

Is there any way to enlarge the text??

No way to enlarge the text. The game initially had 5-7 second loading times, and now for some reason seems to be pushing 30 seconds per load. I have no clue what happened. It baffles me.

I have run into a couple of mean little things/glitches:
#1 - If you knock into a person with a Jiggy Challenge, they will dissolve and reform, but will freeze in place and you'll have to exit the world and re-enter to star their Jiggy Challenge.
#2 - If you view a replay in a world, when you come back from watching it, you'll be put at the start of the level, no matter where you are, and without a vehicle.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I found a Stop N' Swop egg on the 2nd level on the XBLA game...does it automatically unlock something in N&B or do I have to collect all the eggs and then do something with them?[/QUOTE]

When you play N&B, a short vid will play showing the location of the item (generally a parts box). They it's up to you to go get to it and bring it back to Mumbo. I payed BK in one sitting though, so when I booted up N&B, it showed EVERY location, and I don't remember where half of em are, hehe.

I did a race challenge on Nutty Acres Act 2. Kind of lame how you're vehicle gets all crazy just by bumping into your opponent. Can you fix this through customization?

Anyway, I am really enjoying the game and having a lot of fun with it. Love all the colors.

Has anyone figured out how to get past those Red Laser Fences?

I only 27 notes in Showdown Town for all 900 and I cannot find them for the life of me, but they're probably behind one of those fences.

I also just got the
Scuba Seat, so I can now drive underwater infinitely

[quote name='Blackout']I did a race challenge on Nutty Acres Act 2. Kind of lame how you're vehicle gets all crazy just by bumping into your opponent. Can you fix this through customization?

Anyway, I am really enjoying the game and having a lot of fun with it. Love all the colors.[/quote]

Yeah that's the only gripe I have with the game, the way your car completely spins around is really fucking annoying.

Is there anyone playing this game right now who wants to boost online achievements? I need 2 other people to help.

add me in

Ice2Dragon

My premier league achievement (play a marathon game) glitched.. did sports only but didnt get the ach... hour lost. Sigh.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']add me in

Ice2Dragon

My premier league achievement (play a marathon game) glitched.. did sports only but didnt get the ach... hour lost. Sigh.[/quote]

Premier League only unlocks if you do All Races and All Sports. Takes like 2-3 hours. You can do it locally, if you want.

Im having a pretty good time with the game. But I gotta say, the missions where you have to protect things are motherfucking impossible. Clankers eyes werent bad though I still cant get the trophy. But some of the later ones? Jesus.

[quote name='genfuyung']Im having a pretty good time with the game. But I gotta say, the missions where you have to protect things are motherfucking impossible. Clankers eyes werent bad though I still cant get the trophy. But some of the later ones? Jesus.[/QUOTE]

They're actually the easiest for me, if you don't have to drive. For example, Clanker was as sinch. Add a turret to the top of your vehicle. Park the vehicle near the defense point (ie, between Clanker's eyes). Jump out of, and then on top of, your vehicle and get in the turret. Blast away.

[quote name='Zmonkay']They're actually the easiest for me, if you don't have to drive. For example, Clanker was as sinch. Add a turret to the top of your vehicle. Park the vehicle near the defense point (ie, between Clanker's eyes). Jump out of, and then on top of, your vehicle and get in the turret. Blast away.[/quote]
Maybe I just need to unlock the turret before I try it. Have u done the one in logbox where the bots are attacking the different chips?

I've had it with this game. I can't play it anymore. It's gotten the point where it's become unplayable. Logbox 720, Act 5, Red Jinjo Challenge is impossible because the framerate dips dramatically, making it impossible to turn, and you constantly have to restart because the fucker knocks you off so easily because it's on a narrow space. The Humba Challenge in the same act is just as bad given your L.O.G. vehicle sucks and it's impossible to turn properly with the framerate problems.

I've tried going into the level multiple times, but still the framerate problems occur, sometimes to 5-10 fps. I can no longer play this game with this kind of crap going on. It's plagued the entire game up to this point, but this is the shitstain that makes me want to pull out a gun and shoot it.

bread's done
Back