Banjo Nuts & Bolts (360) $25.99 again @ Amazon

[quote name='jkanownik']You are much better off buying this game now and waiting to play other new fall releases until they get a price drop later on. This game will only drop 25% in price whereas most other titles will drop 50% or more.[/quote]

I'm guessing you'll see it on sale for $15 within 2 months, but I felt the same way as you, it doesn't have as far to drop as the others, plus I want to support these types of games on the 360. I picked it up the first time around and just got it. It will probably be under the tree, not that I have time to play it now anyway.

I was going to put this on my wishlist and see if my husband could act fast enough... but they way you guy's are talking about it, I figure I better act now and get it for myself ;) Thanks OP!

Still $26? Wow...alright after reading what people have said, I'm in, even after I told myself I was done with buying any more videogames for myself before Xmas. You effers.

[quote name='Chemosh013']1) It's a great game and at this price you can't really get a better value for a new game.

2) Last time it was 25.98... this time it's 25.99... price is going up :)[/QUOTE]

By backlog numbers in the hundreds--I'll have enough to play until it drops in price ;)

Everyone who enjoys fun needs to get this title. One of my favorite games of the year, and at 26 bucks it's the equivalent of this year's orange box.

I picked this up as well. A great and relatively early deal on what I know will be a great title based on the demo and also my satisfaction with almost all Rare offerings.

I ordered it yesterday. From what I can tell, it is a great game. Also agree with those that say other games will drop by 50% while this might go down 20 - 25%.

LOL I stayed up way too late last night, spending an extra two hours just messing with the vehicle editor in this game after I realized the tow bar could be used as a hinge/rotational joint. I made a helicopter with a giant jet-powered rotary saw blade on the bottom. Going to try it on the dominoes challenge later :)

Again, if you've got $26 and ever enjoyed playing with Legos as a kid, you should probably get this game.

LOL I stayed up way too late last night, spending an extra two hours just messing with the vehicle editor in this game after I realized the tow bar could be used as a hinge/rotational joint. I made a helicopter with a giant jet-powered rotary saw blade on the bottom. Going to try it on the dominoes challenge later :)
smile.gif

Awesome

If you look at it like this, you're paying $20 for the game and $5 or so for shipping......even though the shipping is free if you order from amazon (i did) >_>

$20.99 after my $5 Chrono Trigger gift card. I was a little turned off by the demo, but it HAS to be worth 20 bucks.

[quote name='Aleman']
Again, if you've got $26 and ever enjoyed playing with Legos as a kid, you should probably get this game.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I still enjoy playing with LEGOs and I spent my last $26 on them.

No it isnt even worth $20. And this is coming from the guy who's 2 favorite games of all time is Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie respectively.

[quote name='2sday']No it isnt even worth $20. And this is coming from the guy who's 2 favorite games of all time is Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie respectively.[/QUOTE]

And you've provided so much evidence to back up your opinion that others here should take it seriously.

I think it is a steal at this price. Then again, I thought it was a steal at retail with the free code for Banjo 1. This has been a great light-hearted game after finishing up Fallout 3. I think it is a great mix between item collection, challenges, and vehicle construction (a la LEGO). As well, this game has an extremely colorful palette, and all the quirky Rare humor from the past games. I know it got trounced by the critics, but I've procured waaay more than my money's worth out of it so far (about 17 hrs in)!

[quote name='djfp']I know it got trounced by the critics,[/quote]I looked on gamerankings and it has an 80 average, with most of the major sites giving it around an 85. Giant Bomb gave it 5 stars, which is all I needed to see to know that I wanted to buy this game after playing the demo.

Blind buy for me after reading this thread and metacritic reviews. It seems like a very original game and I'm really getting sick of the all the 3PS games I have been buying and play for like 20 minutes total.

[quote name='Chemosh013']1) It's a great game and at this price you can't really get a better value for a new game.

2) Last time it was 25.98... this time it's 25.99... price is going up :)[/QUOTE]

Now at $26.67... my prediction came true!

[quote name='2sday']No it isn't even worth $20. And this is coming from the guy whose 2 favorite games of all time are Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie respectively.[/quote]

Fixed.

I'm gonna go out on a (very) short limb here and say you don't like it because its gameplay isn't identical to the gameplay of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. I'm right, aren't I?

I wonder if I should order this now or see if Gamestop has it used since it's employee appreciation time. If only ExpertZone wouldn't have bumped up the prices originally for stuff I would have had this.

[quote name='Mysterio']Fixed.

I'm gonna go out on a (very) short limb here and say you don't like it because its gameplay isn't identical to the gameplay of Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. I'm right, aren't I?[/quote]

So by that statement I assume THIS Banjo is not a godly platformer series like Kazooie & Tootie but instead just some create-a-vehicle/Legos-inspired stuff from all the pics & videos I've seen?

[quote name='Darth Tigris']Noooo! I finally get the money and it goes up to $36!!! BLAST YOU ECONOMIC TURMOIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

Did you really think it would still be $26 sixteen days after the deal went live?

[quote name='UberNinjaz']So by that statement I assume THIS Banjo is not a godly platformer series like Kazooie & Tootie but instead just some create-a-vehicle/Legos-inspired stuff from all the pics & videos I've seen?[/quote]
Banjo was godly when it was released, but it hasn't aged very well. Banjo N&B is simply the better game. It reminds me of a cross between K'Nex and Space Station Silicon Valley.

[quote name='Cheadyp']Did you really think it would still be $26 sixteen days after the deal went live?[/quote]

Did I think it would? No. But did I hope deep down inside that it would? Yes. Yes I did. Alas my hope is gone ...

Beat the game yesterday. Game is pretty good, though doesn't live up to the past two games. Gameplay still feels mechanical and lacking a soul, but still better than the forgettable PDZ and Kameo.

[quote name='SapientWolf']Banjo was godly when it was released, but it hasn't aged very well. Banjo N&B is simply the better game. It reminds me of a cross between K'Nex and Space Station Silicon Valley.[/quote]

I hate everything about you.... kidding. But seriously, I play the originals like every other month, and I cant stand N&B in any way, shape, or form.

bread's done
Back