Banned Xbox 360 Ad

I gotta tag this thread. I haven't had a chance to see this yet, and I can't watch it here at work (or else the audio will be broadcasted over the radio...).

omfglol that was hilarious. Reminds me of that Spaced episode. If it had different music it could have been funnier.

Wasn't it xbox that had the banned commercial a few years ago? The guy who gets shot through the air and devolves into a baby? Or was that ps2?

Thx for the link. Never would have known about it otherwise:p

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']omfglol that was hilarious. Reminds me of that Spaced episode. If it had different music it could have been funnier.

Wasn't it xbox that had the banned commercial a few years ago? The guy who gets shot through the air and devolves into a baby? Or was that ps2?

Thx for the link. Never would have known about it otherwise:p[/QUOTE]

I was Xbox, but it still aired in Europe.

good stuff!!! someone would use it as a scapegoat for shooting someone else though. you know it would happen eventually. 'THE COMMERCIAL MADE ME DO IT'

[quote name='Greetard']The European 360 commercial is definitely the best.

http://media.putfile.com/360com3[/QUOTE]

....for fucks sake...why the hell did they start with jump rope here? i mean, really? The PGR3 commercial is better and actually shows a game...but those at least show neat and interesting things. argh..

I doubt this is a direct result of it, but did anyone else hear the news story about the lady who picked up an X-Box 360 for her son, and had it stolen from her at gunpoint? It's the first thing I thought about when I saw this.

Just like most of the 360 ads thus far this one hasn't sold me on even wanting a 360, and yes that includes the jump rope ad. If Microsoft wants to sell me on wanting a 360 at least have ads that get me excited about its gaming capabilities by showing actual in game footage and such. Yeah I know about the NBA 2K6 ad with Shaq sweating but even I have a feeling that was prerendered footage anyways.

[quote name='demomanTNA']Just like most of the 360 ads thus far this one hasn't sold me on even wanting a 360, and yes that includes the jump rope ad. If Microsoft wants to sell me on wanting a 360 at least have ads that get me excited about its gaming capabilities by showing actual in game footage and such. Yeah I know about the NBA 2K6 ad with Shaq sweating but even I have a feeling that was prerendered footage anyways.[/QUOTE]

It made me want to find out the company who's doing these commercials. Buying a 360 is so far down on the list of things that commercial makes me think about.

It wasn't banned, MS just doesn't want the crap they'll take from these anti videogame groups if they air it. They do show it at movie theatres though.

I think these commercials do the job of getting the point across about XBL to casual and non-gamers. You get the message of, hey, everybodys having fun, jump in. The image of a nerd sitting in a dark room, playing by himself, is not the image they want to project.

As for the people that want to see actual game footage... The ads are not geared towards you, they're for a different audience. They do have commercials with game footage, but they also get the main theme across.

Good commerical.

I think Microsoft's purpose for this commerical is to make people talk about it (selling the 360 is good too). The more people talk about the commerical, the more people will talk about the 360, which can lead them to go out and buy the 360 if everyone keeps talking about it. This applies more to non and causal gamers since they make up the majority of the people who will buy the 360.

theres a very simple reason why its banned: everyone would break out into the middle of public places recreating the commercial. It just looks like so much fun.

[quote name='Import']That is a good commercial.

I wish real life was that fun. :)[/QUOTE]

Real life would be even more fun if everything heavy or mechanical was made from Nerf. Bullets, cars, trains, planes, the ground. It would be a planet sized playground. :lol::bouncy:

[quote name='jaykrue']Real life would be even more fun if everything heavy or mechanical was made from Nerf. Bullets, cars, trains, planes, the ground. It would be a planet sized playground. :lol::bouncy:[/QUOTE]

YES. Drive-bys in foam cars, and you can run over pedestrians without getting your car all bloodied up. :D

This would be reenacted by arab-american kids in an airport or something and they would be blown to smithereens. Then their families would sue MS for $360,000,000.

Good commercial though.

That was a pretty good commercial, but it's fairly obvious to me why they wouldn't air it on regular TV. I loved the end with the guy in the car.

The commercial is well-made, but weirdly troubling. Well-made because it recognizes its core market: young people who like to play soldier. Troubling because I hate that gaming is becoming all about online frag-fests.

bread's done
Back