Banshee Avatar Prop Puzzle

eugaet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
147 (100%)
Separating this from the Random XBOX code drop thread because it keeps getting buried. This code's been out since Thursday evening and no one has redeemed it yet.

I brought the hints over, but not the solutions to the hints in case anyone who hasn't seen it yet doesn't want it spoiled.

----------

Code for: Halo Reach Banshee Avatar Prop
Originally posted: 03-03-2011 10:52 PM CST
Status: UNREDEEMED (last verified: 03-08-2011 08:11 AM CST)

QRCODE_CAG_02.png

Hint #1:
"Can't really say much more w/o giving it away to a lurker. Might ask Rick, though, I think he knows the password."

Hint #2:
"You need to combine two pieces of information to get to the Banshee avatar prop code. The first one I posted. You decoded the first to get the second."

Hint #3:
"Abj lbh arrq gb hfr gur frpbaq gb qrpbqr gur svefg."
Solved by Sithus:
"Now you need to use the second to decode the first."

Hints for hint #3:
"If I was fond of dogs, I'd get a Rottweiler. Not just one...13 of them."
"I've heard Caesar was also fond of Rottweilers." (PM'd to IIBlazer)
"I'm going to shift off to bed now. Should be asleep in 13 minutes or less." (PM'd to Sithus)
Solved by IIBlazer:
ROT13
(Note: These 3 hints were given only to help solve hint #3, so they're not useful for any of the other hints...or are they?)

Hint #4:
QRCODE_CAG_02_HINT_01.txt
Solved by XP1, posted by chaoticorder75:
hint4answer.jpg

Hint #5:
DEPBQR_PNT_02_UVAG_02.txt
Solved and posted by chaoticorder75:
hint5answer.jpg

Hint #6:
"Regarding the most recent hints: one refers to the encryption method, the other to the encryption tool used." (NEW)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Iviadness']Rickroll :p Well done sir.[/QUOTE]Yep. :) But there's really a Banshee prop code in the OP. Closing in on 84 hours and no one has been able to find it yet.

If all it was was a Rickroll, I wouldn't have gone to any more effort past posting the QR code.

Lots of views, but no one trying to get the code? We had quite a few trying in the original thread and one CAG that got fairly close. I honestly didn't expect the code to last this long.

If I knew it was still being worked on, I might drop some more hints.

The thing is, it's not that difficult. I'm surprised it lasted this long. People complain about the lurkers...I seemed to have taken care of that problem.

All the hints were figured out in the original thread. I'll move the solutions over.

Probably would have been solved in minutes had it been a 1600MSP code...but if it had been I would have made it much, much harder.

EDIT: Solution to hints added, credited those who solved them.

I used 4KVHQ-C39PY-6PPGY-Q4CKQ-KQCWZ, thanks.

I have to idea how to even begin to start solving the puzzle.

eugaet i think you need to post another hint for this, or at least a hint for your hints. I'm sure the answer is probably obvious and just something I'm just overlooking but for now I am stumped.

I posted another hint in the code drop thread. It was about the most recent hints: one refers to the encryption method, the other to the encryption tool used.

Edit: Added hint to OP. Checked code, still unredeemed.

bread's done
Back