Barnes and Noble: PS3 320GB Uncharted 3 Bundle $209.99 + Shipping + Tax

[quote name='lito88']Comes out to $230 shipped for me. Not sure if its worth it or i should wait.[/QUOTE]

It is the 360 gig. Awesome size plus Dewd Raider 3.0

trying to decide about pulling the trigger on this. dont want it to get cancled and have my money tied up and not be able to get a holiday bundle lol

had to go ahead and drop the ball on it beats going out on thanks giving for that. my other gifts for fam should be easy enough to get as they dont want no major sales stuffs

Yeah, I don't imagine them selling this for $209. Not when it's $299 everywhere else. I'm quite sure there will be some cancelled orders.

I got this earlier but my order status showed the regular price. I had to call and cancel (which is too late). Now, I have to reject delivery.... Did your order status show the correct amount?

[quote name='krashhole']Yeah, I don't imagine them selling this for $209. Not when it's $299 everywhere else. I'm quite sure there will be some cancelled orders.[/QUOTE]

The coupon details say:

"This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors."

So YMMV

Was about to place the order but then noticed the 13.00 in tax. Screw the government. 10 years ago, maybe. Today, not a chance. Bunch of corrupt criminals the whole lot of em. They are not getting my 13.00. Ah, the days of a tax free internet are disappearing rapidly.

They also have the Infamous 2 bundle at $225 WITHOUT requiring the coupon. So if you are worried about it possibly be cancelled, maybe go for the Infamous 2 Bundle (which is also the 320 GB model)

I got all giddy thinking I'd be able to stack the coupon and get it way under $200, but unfortunately the coupon is invalid on that particular item. Guess it only works on the Uncharted 3 bundle.

Wow - great deal if they come through. I've wanted a Slim but wasn't realistically going to do it until next year at least. Thanks a bunch, OP!

Sorry guys I should have put + tax in the title. I'm in Oregon (no sales tax here!) so I didn't even think about it.

Still a great deal though! :)

[quote name='jshackles']Sorry guys I should have put + tax in the title. I'm in Oregon (no sales tax here!) so I didn't even think about it.

Still a great deal though! :)[/QUOTE]

I am still kicking myself for not moving there 10 years ago with the rest of my friends. Its a great state and I would have been able to take advantage of this deal on top of it, lol.

This bundle is like 300 normally and people here bitching about tax. >< What is it, like 230 total, you are saving $70 if B&N honors this. Jesus.

[quote name='otakuseth']This bundle is like 300 normally and people here bitching about tax. >< What is it, like 230 total, you are saving $70 if B&N honors this. Jesus.[/QUOTE]

Indeed

I paid $324 total when I bought the same bundle from wally world 2 weeks ago. It's a good deal no doubt if the coupon works towards it.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']Was about to place the order but then noticed the 13.00 in tax. Screw the government. 10 years ago, maybe. Today, not a chance. Bunch of corrupt criminals the whole lot of em. They are not getting my 13.00. Ah, the days of a tax free internet are disappearing rapidly.[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel any better, that $13.00 has nothing to do with Washington D.C. It's a LOCAL SALES TAX.

I find this post a bit odd, because as far as I'm aware Barnes and Noble has NEVER been exempted from paying sales tax - being an already established brick and mortar retailer. You pay the same tax with them as you would if you walked into your nearest Barnes and Noble, or any other local store i your city. But again, it's local taxes, not going to the black hole of Washington. That doesn't mean you should pay it. I always factor tax into my final price when compared to "tax-free" places like Amazon,Newegg, Deepdiscount, etc... Just saying if a "brick and mortar" based website has the best deal i'm not going to let 6% tax stand in my way.

[quote name='Righteous Nixon']I am still kicking myself for not moving there 10 years ago with the rest of my friends. Its a great state and I would have been able to take advantage of this deal on top of it, lol.[/QUOTE]

They get you in other ways bro. The individual states/counties will still get their income even if they don't charge a sales tax. States that don't charge sales tax, surely have income tax. They probably also have higher gas taxes, higher property taxes (thereby higher costs of living), etc to make up for it.

I live in a state with zero income tax, and with ridiculously low local property taxes, so I'm more than happy to pay 6% on the few times I actually buy something locally (especially if the deal beats the hell out of the "tax free" websites anyway even after factoring in taxes...).

60gb backward compatible still going relatively strong - though the fan does sound like a jet engine when compared to other people's slims.... oh tempting for something I clearly don't need

I really don't know what to do. I want to go for the $200 160GB PS3 bundle that I will probably get tax free from Newegg or Amazon plus I only need the Uncharted GH Dual Pack for now since I never played the games before.

On the other hand this is $30 more for a 320GB HDD and includes Uncharted 3 which means it saves me a purchase in the future. But I would like to save $30 right now since I'll be spending a lot of money this holiday season. Plus I think 160GB would be enough considering I don't have to install games on the HDD like Xbox 360.

Just got my shipping notice they say it will ship out on Friday 11/25. Checked my credit card and they only pulled the discounted amount (although this could be a pre-auth). Fingers crossed...

my 606gig ps3 died on me, been borrowing a ps3 till black friday.

I ordered this and got my confirmation email saying it will ship Friday, and payment is taken out til them item ships so will wait and see

[quote name='gb2003']I got this earlier but my order status showed the regular price. I had to call and cancel (which is too late). Now, I have to reject delivery.... Did your order status show the correct amount?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, once you place a order at BN.com there's nothing you can do about it. Even if it's backordered and won't ship for a month, they'll tell you it's too late to cancel.

Got my fingers crossed for you guys, i would jump on this if i didn't already buy that Infamous 2 320gb for 249.99 at TRU awhile ago. Gluck!

[quote name='Kendro']I really don't know what to do. I want to go for the $200 160GB PS3 bundle that I will probably get tax free from Newegg or Amazon plus I only need the Uncharted GH Dual Pack for now since I never played the games before.

On the other hand this is $30 more for a 320GB HDD and includes Uncharted 3 which means it saves me a purchase in the future. But I would like to save $30 right now since I'll be spending a lot of money this holiday season. Plus I think 160GB would be enough considering I don't have to install games on the HDD like Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

There are a lot of games for PS3 which require mandatory installs. I'd just get the 320GB - it'd be worth it in the long run.

[quote name='Agent Orange']If it makes you feel any better, that $13.00 has nothing to do with Washington D.C. It's a LOCAL SALES TAX.

I find this post a bit odd, because as far as I'm aware Barnes and Noble has NEVER been exempted from paying sales tax - being an already established brick and mortar retailer. You pay the same tax with them as you would if you walked into your nearest Barnes and Noble, or any other local store i your city. But again, it's local taxes, not going to the black hole of Washington. That doesn't mean you should pay it. I always factor tax into my final price when compared to "tax-free" places like Amazon,Newegg, Deepdiscount, etc... Just saying if a "brick and mortar" based website has the best deal i'm not going to let 6% tax stand in my way.[/QUOTE]

I am well aware of what sales tax is. I really dont need you to SPELL IT OUT FOR ME IN CAPS and no, it doesn't even begin to make me feel better. Like I said, the whole lot of them are corrupt. I never said anything about Washington. It doesn't matter if your talking state, city, or federal.

As for it being a bit odd, its really not as I dont normally shop at Barnes and Noble. In fact, I cant remember the last thing I purchased there. Might have been an Astronomy magazine like 5 years back. I do the VAST majority of my shopping online and tax has always played a role in my choice to shop online thus I normally stick with sites that dont charge sales tax. Again 10 years ago I probably would have just said screw it but my disgust with this countries politics has hit record levels. 13.00 in sales tax is enough for me to wait and try to get a better deal. Actually, I would be willing to pay the exact same amount just so long as the additional 13 dollars was going to the store and not the government. Ok maybe it is a bit odd but to each their own.

[quote name='Kendro'] Plus I think 160GB would be enough considering I don't have to install games on the HDD like Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]alot of ps3 games have mandatory install if u dont install it u cannot play it so a big HDD helps

[quote name='RockmanPET']my 606gig ps3 died on me[/QUOTE]wow that was a one of a kind custom made harddrive sad to see it died

I just ordered one. I already have Uncharted but I can give it to my brother as a Christmas gift since he seems to really want that game. I will have to decide what to do with my 60 gig once it arrives, but it was time for a replacement since the old one is making popping noises on both startup and shutdown and I would hate to lose my saves that aren't able to be backed up.

Just ordered. 15% cashback with discover card brings it from $230 to $195 and Uncharted 3 trades in at about $30 after promo trade boost with BB. Not bad for a 320gb slim with the $65 amazon credit I'll be getting.

bread's done
Back