base.com UK PS3 Exclusives & Deals (Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen $25) + more!

Joe Fongul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
172 (100%)
As stated in my previous thread regarding Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires, I discovered this UK website base.com and wound up getting the physical game for cheaper than the US PSN retail price. There are other either UK exclusives or just straight up deals available on the website and I figured to pass them along accordingly here.

If multiple sellers are listed, I would recommend going with base.com instead of others listed. The reason why is that they drop more of the VAT (Value Added Tax) when checking out with a US address than the other sellers listed (Base CH specifically).

I will list the UK price (after VAT is reduced) and then the US price with Shipping as follows: £ XX.XX ($YY.YY)

:ps3: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition £15.83 ($26.09)
:ps3: Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock £16.08 ($26.24)
:ps3: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen £14.99 ($24.83)
:ps3: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 £28.08 ($44.55)
:ps3: Metal Gear Solid 4: 25th Anniversary Edition £13.74 ($22.94)
:ps3: Of Orcs And Men £12.91 ($21.69)

As always, if you want any DLC, you will need to establish a UK PSN account, along with obtaining UK PSN credit.

FYI, the pounds to dollars quotation ($YY.YY) is based on the exchange rate per the day of posting. Not only can these prices change, but the exchange rate will vary as well. You can check the current exchange rate on Google. Also be aware that you might have to pay a foreign transaction fee when using a Credit Card (should be a $1+ for each transaction give or take...)

Have any questions, please post in the thread and I will get back with you as soon as I can.....

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Flowstance']Does anyone know if this copy of Dark souls has the DLC on disc?[/QUOTE]

I own it and it is on the disc

TC,
i've been ordering from Zavvi for years.

How is their shipping times? Zavvi is so much faster than ebay uk and amazon uk. Their books sometimes take a month as well as some of the games.

Thanks for this new info

Thanks OP and thanks for pointing out VAT. At first I thought all the prices were raised since you made the post.

I'll give them a shot with Of Orcs and Men since it's a lot cheaper than Amazon.uk and Zavvi.

[quote name='chunlirocks']TC,
i've been ordering from Zavvi for years.

How is their shipping times? Zavvi is so much faster than ebay uk and amazon uk. Their books sometimes take a month as well as some of the games.

Thanks for this new info[/QUOTE]

My first order (DW Empires 7) arrived in 9 days from the UK to California (quickest arrival time ever for a UK import from any retailer for me at least....) I'm hoping that they will be quicker than even ordering from Zavvi and hopefully their games will be better protected as well. The game came in one of those 'eco-mailers' that is made of a harder cardboard than the box that Zavvi usually uses.

[quote name='salty tbone']salty tbone,
Thanks OP and thanks for pointing out VAT. At first I thought all the prices were raised since you made the post.

I'll give them a shot with Of Orcs and Men since it's a lot cheaper than Amazon.uk and Zavvi.[/QUOTE]

I ordered Of Orcs and Men as well (just to have the PS3 version on the cheap as the game is still $50 on US PSN currently).

I've been reliably using dvd.co.uk for 6 years for UK exclusives. Base.com is just a reskinned dvd.co.uk. Clearly the same company, so you can trust them. A couple weeks ago, I ordered Dark Souls: Prepare to Die (after FINALLY giving up on a US release which would prevent me from starting a new chain of trophies) and Worms Collection from them and they arrived promptly.

As for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, it looks like the US has a release of this, so what's the point?

As for FotNS: Ken's Rage 2, Wikipedia says it's only DLC in Europe for the PS3. Is it correct? Maybe someone should fix Wikipedia if it's truly on disc there.

You also should include the Worms Collection which is only £12.99.

Is MGS4 25th really worth it? We can pretty much guarantee this will eventually come out in the US in some form.

Any other exclusives we're missing? Thanks for reminding me of Dyansty Warriors 7: Empires and Of Orcs and Men! In for both.

[quote name='Gamelore']I've been reliably using dvd.co.uk for 6 years for UK exclusives. Base.com is just a reskinned dvd.co.uk. Clearly the same company, so you can trust them. A couple weeks ago, I ordered Dark Souls: Prepare to Die (after FINALLY giving up on a US release which would prevent me from starting a new chain of trophies) and Worms Collection from them and they arrived promptly.

As for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, it looks like the US has a release of this, so what's the point?

As for FotNS: Ken's Rage 2, Wikipedia says it's only DLC in Europe for the PS3. Is it correct? Maybe someone should fix Wikipedia if it's truly on disc there.

Is MGS4 25th really worth it? We can pretty much guarantee this will eventually come out in the US in some form.

Any other exclusives we're missing? Thanks for reminding me of Dyansty Warriors 7: Empires and Of Orcs and Men! In for both.[/QUOTE]

Dragons dogma: Dark arison will or does retail for 40 msrp i believe.

Dont know if this actually came out here yet.

[quote name='Gamelore']I've been reliably using dvd.co.uk for 6 years for UK exclusives. Base.com is just a reskinned dvd.co.uk. Clearly the same company, so you can trust them. A couple weeks ago, I ordered Dark Souls: Prepare to Die (after FINALLY giving up on a US release which would prevent me from starting a new chain of trophies) and Worms Collection from them and they arrived promptly.

Any other exclusives we're missing? Thanks for reminding me of Dyansty Warriors 7: Empires and Of Orcs and Men! In for both.[/QUOTE]

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is listed as it is currently priced $15 less than US MSRP. The game is scheduled to be released here and the UK the last week of April.

Metal Gear Solid 4: 25th Anniversary is not going to be released in North America at all. Konami released it in UK/Europe as it has the newest patch that was released last year for the game (that added trophies and a few other things) along with a 25th Anniversary poster. I threw it on the list for more of the rarety of the package than anything else.

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 is indeed a physical release in UK/Europe, as most Tecmo Koei games are.

I will throw Worms Collection up shortly along with the two Inazuma Eleven 2 games for DS.

[quote name='whoknows']Is there anything different about that version of MGS4?[/QUOTE]

I want to know this too. Kinda interested in that one.

How long does these deal last?

Believe it just comes with different cover art and a small poster tucked in it. Also doesn't have MGO, but that's a given since it's no longer up.

[quote name='whoknows']Is there anything different about that version of MGS4?[/QUOTE]

It has the latest patch for the game (2.0) which was released Summer 2012 that added trophy support, rumble, & other details (and also removed Metal Gear Online totally from the game). Just look at the game as a greatest hits version with different packaging than the original with a poster added in the mix....

[youtube]eP0gpGHwHpA[/youtube]

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Received my cheap copy of 'Of Orcs and Men' today for PS3. Took 11 days from the UK to California. Not bad![/QUOTE]

Similar experience for me. Took 10 days to Pennsylvania. Same thin cardboard that I've gotten from Zavvi, but I'm happy with the speed and definitely the price. Thanks again, OP.

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Received my cheap copy of 'Of Orcs and Men' today for PS3. Took 11 days from the UK to California. Not bad![/QUOTE]

I cannot find how much they charge for shipping.. care to give me an idea?

[quote name='Mageshadow']I cannot find how much they charge for shipping.. care to give me an idea?[/QUOTE]

I paid 1.49 pounds.

bread's done
Back