Batboy suspended for drinking milk! Updated!!

Ikohn4ever

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Marlins suspend batboy for milk-drinking dare

Milk does a body good, but it didn't do good for one batboy.

On a dare, a Florida Marlins batboy tried to drink a gallon of milk in under an hour without throwing up. But not only did the batboy not succeed in the challenge, his mere attempt cost him his job for six games, the Miami Herald reported Wednesday.

The Marlins suspended the unidentified batboy for the team's upcoming six-game homestand against the Cardinals and Mets from Aug. 28 through Sept. 4 for accepting the dare Sunday from Dodgers pitcher (and former Marlin) Brad Penny.

Penny offered the batboy $500 if he could drink a gallon of milk in less than an hour before Sunday's game without throwing up. Penny told the paper the boy drank the milk and didn't throw up, but didn't finish the gallon in the allotted time frame to win the dare.

"It's kind of ridiculous that you get a 10-game suspension for steroids and a six-game suspension for milk," Penny told the Herald.

''It's ridiculous that they worry about stuff like that. It shows they [the Marlins organization] don't know anything about the game. That kind of stuff goes on everywhere. It didn't affect the way he worked, the way he did his job.''

---UPDATED--------
Got milk? An unidentified Florida Marlins batboy does.

After the batboy was suspended six games for accepting a dare from Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Brad Penny, a former Marlin, to drink a gallon of milk in less than an hour without vomiting, the Milk Processor Education Program wants to compensate him. The group is offering the batboy $500, the original prize of the dare, along with any lost wages from the suspension as long as he promises to drink the recommended three glasses of milk a day (just not all in one sitting).

In addition, the Fort Myers Miracle, the Minnesota Twins' Single-A affiliate in the Florida State League, have offered him an honorary batboy position during their game Monday night against the Tampa Yankees.

"Similar to a rehab stint, we want to help this kid stay on top of his game," Miracle GM Steve Gliner said. "Instead of crying over spilt milk, we decided to offer him the honorary post."

All kids 14 and under will receive a pint of milk upon entering the stadium. The Miracle will also have a cow at the front gates and literature will be passed out on the importance of drinking milk. Empty milk cartons will be placed around the ballpark, so fans can donate money to the out-of-work batboy.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2142263

[quote name='2poor']is it hard to drink a gallon of milk in less than an hour?[/QUOTE]
It's supposed to be too much milk for your body to handle in an hour and you'd throw it up as a result.

The Joker sure showed him - disguising as a major league baseball player. Ingenious. What won't that Clown Prince of Crime ever do???

[quote name='jaykrue']The Joker sure showed him - disguising as a major league baseball player. Ingenious. What won't that Clown Prince of Crime ever do???[/QUOTE]

umm be a librarian

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']I bet u cant do it ;)[/QUOTE]

thanks for believing in my dream. :D
im gonna go try it out right now.

Some guy on that show Inked drank the milk in 10 minutes, then with 30 an hour to go he threw up.

And that kid should have known better than to talk with bitch ass dodger players.

[quote name='camoor']Whats going on. Did everyone just drop some acid?[/QUOTE]

Nah, just bored making Batman references.

Batboy? The Batboy?
batboy.gif

[quote name='neocisco']With the amount of milk I usually drink I could probably do it. Who wants to front the $500 to find out?:D[/QUOTE]

I will. Straight to Paypal. No joke.

No one tell him I'm broke.​

[quote name='neocisco']With the amount of milk I usually drink I could probably do it. Who wants to front the $500 to find out?:D[/QUOTE]

Depends what type of milk we are talking about. Whole Milk is a lot harder. I could probably do it with skim milk. Then again I'm lactose intolerant, so I wonder how many pills it would take for me to make it :lol:

yea im sure i can do that, at least if i have some cookies to give me incentive, ive yet to meet anyone who drinks half as much milk as i do.

[quote name='humidore']Didn't Jackass teach us anything?[/QUOTE]

Yes, ANYTHING, no matter how insane the stunt, can be done for the right price.

Well, if you're going to try it, I'd say drink a glass or two to start, then get a straw to do it and regulate sips over the course of the hour. Hopefully some will go through you and you can pee it out and then go for a big finish.

It's kinda rediculous that a suspension like this happens when they have more pressing issues in baseball to work out, like those steroid things people take and getting that damn arbitrator out that thought kenny rogers suspension for throwing the cameraman around not once, not twice, but three times in a matter of minutes was too strict... i mean come on, they let these guys get away with murder practically...

I remember once during summer camp I drank 16 of those 8oz cartons of milk at lunch. I was probably around 10 at the time, and I had no problems whatsoever :whistle2:s

[quote name='jaykrue']Yes, ANYTHING, no matter how insane the stunt, can be done for the right price.[/QUOTE]

i was kinda hoping jackass would take it to the next level and start breaking each other's bones...i dunno, maybe purposely taking an axe to each other's arms...

[quote name='jmcc']Well, if you're going to try it, I'd say drink a glass or two to start, then get a straw to do it and regulate sips over the course of the hour. Hopefully some will go through you and you can pee it out and then go for a big finish.[/QUOTE]

You pee milk? :shock:

[quote name='thisiswack']You pee milk? :shock:[/QUOTE]

Well, most of milk's volume is water, so sort of.

I just had this conversation with my daughters.
It is physically impossible to hold down a gallon of milk. I tried half a gallon in one sitting... and got rid of it in one shitting.

My friend tried to drink a gallon of Sunny Delight once. He chugged the hell outta that thing, and finished it in about five minutes.

He was throwing up soon after.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, he's a broadway actor now, so he wouldn't be caught dead at an MLB game.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it was off-Broadway. ;)

i drink half a gallon of milk with a sandwich, in about 4 minutes... i'm fairly certain that given another 56 minutes i could finish the gallon off.

my friends have said to me on numerous occasions that if i drank alcohol the way i drink milk, i'd have died of jaundice long ago.

~Stew

[quote name='jetblac']I just had this conversation with my daughters.
It is physically impossible to hold down a gallon of milk. I tried half a gallon in one sitting... and got rid of it in one shitting.[/QUOTE]

Bingo folks! It isn't that you can't do it, it just won't stay in your body very long.

I really dont think the kid should be suspended for 6 games. C'mon....The baseball world has no sense of humor anymore.

bread's done
Back