Batman: AC bundle w/Batman:AA GOTY @WallMart YMMV

perfectmannot

CAGiversary!
My fiance just picked me up a copy of the Batman:AC with the Batman:AA bundled together at my local WallMart I'm assuming they were leftovers from the preorder program but for 59.99 and I didn't have to preorder that was pretty awesome. Both games have a sticker that covers the UPC code that says not for resale but the sticker is on the plastic. There were ones for PS3 and 360. So if you get a chance take a look if you haven't bought yet.

Umm yeah, Walmart is selling these in store. I bought it also at the the store knowing they were doing so. Also, they don't seem to be of high demand at my walmart. When I went to pick up my copy there were like three different racks full of them but this was the 18th.

Its not that they are in high demand or low demand, simply put, Walmart got a crap ton of stock of said bundle. Seriously in our store alone which doesn't constitute too much in video game sales we received an entire box filled with the new Batman.

as tempting as this is, I think (considering I've already beaten Arkham Asylum) I'd rather pay $40/game on three AAA titles with the TRU B2G1free sale.

Thats exactly what me an three buddies did, scored big with pm'ing that. One ps3 and two 360 bundles gonna resell goty edition and at the end of the day batman AC for about $25-30!!

My friends and I had them do a price match for the Toys R Us B2G1 deal. We walked away paying 40 bucks for each of them. If anyone is interested just bring them proof of the deal and it should work.

i had traded my standard copy of AA in a while back, my store had probably 30-40 sets when i asked the kid behind the counter why they had so many "we've been told that we will have this bundle for the holidays"

so I don't know if this was just the first shipment or if walmart has some sort of christmas bundle going on with this game or what...just passing along what i was told by an overworked walmart zombie

They also have a special edition of the (non-LE) Arkham City guide with the Arkham Asylum guide included, for those who don't have the AA guide and don't care about limited editions it might even be a better deal than the1/2-off LE hardcover.

[quote name='perfectmannot']but for 59.99 and I didn't have to preorder that was pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]

You know what was more awesome? Getting this game bundle on preorder with a $10 GC and free release date shipping. ;)

i understand what people are thinking trying to sell arkham asylum to make up some of the cost, but supply and demand has me thinking these clear case goty edition with "not for resale" on the back arent going to fetch quite as much as people are hoping.

[quote name='ritchardf']i understand what people are thinking trying to sell arkham asylum to make up some of the cost, but supply and demand has me thinking these clear case goty edition with "not for resale" on the back arent going to fetch quite as much as people are hoping.[/QUOTE]

The "not for resale" on the back is just a sticker and peels off leaving the original UPC. Also, most people prefer the clear case, so that is only a positive. Unless there are copies where the "not for resale" is actually on the cover and not a sticker, I don't see any problems.

who gives a fuck either way? the not for resale is not a limit on your ability to do what you wish with a product you own. it's just there to remind retarded walmart employees not to break up the package, etc. or I suppose to prevent you from flipping it back to them directly.

also these are going for ~$25 on ebay FYI. And all listings make it explicit that the B:AA they are selling came as a part of a B:AC package.

"but supply and demand has me thinking..." The video game market is so obscenely inefficient that such a simple analysis doesn't get one anywhere. The asymmetry of information between buyers and sellers is vast. (see: people selling codes they get for ~$2 for ~$15+)

[quote name='Brother Daz']My local WM had a shit load of these when I was in there yesterday[/QUOTE]

Same situation here, I saw a ton of them last night. I am assuming that most everybody buying Arkham City has already owned/beaten Arkham Asylum.

[quote name='thegame85']Someone post a pic of the bundle pleasee[/QUOTE]

It just has the two games stuck together with a paper band around them saying WalMart exclusive or something to that effect

[quote name='ravens52bears54']So, is this just this week only, as in ending today? Or just when they run out?[/QUOTE]

Considering that the bundle itself is shrink wrapped and priced at Arkahm City's MSRP - until they're gone.

[quote name='mgford11']Considering that the bundle itself is shrink wrapped and priced at Arkahm City's MSRP - until they're gone.[/QUOTE]
I figured. Thanks.

I went in to the local wal mart (Hayden Idaho) and grabbed the last copy of the bundle pack for the ps3. Can anyone tell me if the 3d glasses work with arkham city? I haven't opened it yet.

To those who picked this up (ps3 version particularly) Do the 2 games come y fold sealed inside the bundle, or are they both open and just saran wrapped together with the band? Id like to get this only if theyre individually sealed. Id like to keep BAS sealed untill i get around to playing it, plus im always leery about these special walmart re-sealed bundles when they open the stuff themselves. I see the youtube links but the way the guy opens it you cant tell if they were sealed or not

Also: does the game cover for BAS look any different than the regular copy? I.E. are there any ugly walmart stickers or logos on it? Im always careful about that after i got Splinter Cell conviction and it had a big target logo on the cover >_<

*edit* just noticed i actually DO own Arkham Asylum, original black label. I just never played it. What does the GOTY version have that the regular didn't? Other than just 3D.. does it still have the joker pack?

GOTY Info form Ign:
The Game of the Year Edition of Batman: Arkham Asylum comes with four Challenge Maps on disc and features an innovative new technology which offers a play-in-3D option compatible with all standard and high definition TV sets. TriOviz 3D is a patented 3D process which adds depth to the game, visible to players wearing the included 3D glasses. By leveraging the depth-of-field while maintaining the original gameplay and color integrity, TriOviz 3D creates a far more immersive gaming experience, allowing console players to dive deeper into the gothic world of Arkham Asylum. Also packed into the GOTY Edition are four previously released Downloadable Content Challenge Maps on disc, giving players further opportunity to hone their combat skills. Gamers can face-off against Arkham Asylum's toughest inmates in some of the iconic environs from the game such as the infamous Crime Alley and the insane Scarecrow Nightmare.

That is really odd how the games are new, but opened, then re-packaged for this bundle. If these were individual, y-fold sealed copies, this would be a very nice deal.

bread's done
Back