Batman: Arkham Asylum $52, but not a deal

[quote name='asianlikerice']its still cheaper via amazon, and if you factor in the 5$ off coupon and the eca discount its WAAAAY cheaper the buy.[/QUOTE]

ahah, I didn't know a coupon code existed.

Sorry for the waste of time, shows how interested I am in this game...

amazon wins!
151l1259.jpg

Not really. You still have to drive to the store, pay for tax, and shop at toys r us again. So in the end your not really saving more than Amazon. My total for the amazon order was $42.xx.

You get the game for $64 something and the $30 gc (If your a reward zone member. Otherwise its $20), plus the hassle of shopping at Toys R Us again.

[quote name='slickkill77']Not really. You still have to drive to the store, pay for tax, and shop at toys r us again. So in the end your not really saving more than Amazon. My total for the amazon order was $42.xx.

You get the game for $64 something and the $30 gc (If your a reward zone member. Otherwise its $20), plus the hassle of shopping at Toys R Us again.[/QUOTE]

All games are sold at toys r us. Are you saying you won't be buying another game within the next 3 months? If you do, your next one will be 30 dollars off because of this deal. It's a better offer anyway you slice it.

[quote name='spraypaintnink']All games are sold at toys r us. Are you saying you won't be buying another game within the next 3 months? If you do, your next one will be 30 dollars off because of this deal. It's a better offer anyway you slice it.[/QUOTE]

Which, for me personally, would involve a 98$ investment after tax, before gas(two trips), for two games(most likely sans any pre-order bonus).

[quote name='Vortextk']Which, for me personally, would involve a 98$ investment after tax, before gas(two trips), for two games(most likely sans any pre-order bonus).[/QUOTE]

Toys r us has been giving out 15/20 dollar gc for every big game to come out lately. I would assume this trend will continue into the fall meaning more giftcards could be had.

No I'm saying amazon is the better way to go between the 10% off codes, their constant $10 gc's, no tax for most people, and $4 off most game preorders already.

That Amazon ECA stuff looks like too much work just get a big savings on one game though. Plus it is $20 to even join. At least it was the last time I checked. I still think Gamestop has a better setup in the long run with Edge.
Plus, in Kansas we have to pay sales tax to Amazon so they lose a lot of my interest right there. Buy.com, Newegg.com and Gamestop I can get away without sales tax

[quote name='lllGurulll']That Amazon ECA stuff looks like too much work just get a big savings on one game though [/QUOTE]

Whew, typing in a code, tough stuff.

Edge doesn't work on new games and eca doesn't work on used(it could but I don't think amazon as a seller sells them?), so they're not even in competition with eachother. I guess if Amazon charged my state tax I wouldn't use them either though, not for most online game buying.

Amazon charges tax in my state and I still love them anyway. And to the OP, this is a deal... just not a very good one. Also, when I look at the CE, it's $89.99 on Amazon.

The TRU deal in comparison with Amazon + ECA (if I did my math right for general California) isn't really worth it for those buying the CE of Arkham Asylum.

For TRU it's:
$99.99 x 1.0975(sales tax) = $109.74 and a $30 gift card

For Amazon it's:
$94 [$90 for 360 version] -$5 -$9.40 [$9.00] (ECA) = $79.60 [$76]

If you think about the gift card as $$$ off the cost of AA, that's $109.74 - $30 = $79.74. ECA is really the deal breaker, I suppose. There is also the previous comments of having to deal only with Toys R Us for your next purchase.

For the regular editions of AA, though, the $30 GC slightly outweighs Amazon + ECA.
Amazon (not putting the math up anymore): $42.70
TRU: $65.84 and $30 GC (so essentially $35.84 w/ your next purchase being at TRU)

The $5 off on Amazon is questionable, since to some the MP3 credit is pretty worthless.

The way I see it:
TRU: $64.19 (receive $30 giftcard for later)
Amazon: $47.69 (receive bonus comic book and 5 songs)

Toys R' Us seems to be the way to go for the standard edition.

[quote name='Vortextk']Whew, typing in a code, tough stuff.

Edge doesn't work on new games and eca doesn't work on used(it could but I don't think amazon as a seller sells them?), so they're not even in competition with eachother. I guess if Amazon charged my state tax I wouldn't use them either though, not for most online game buying.[/QUOTE]
I don't like the idea of spending money to save money is all. The only reason I even bit on the Gamestop Edge card was it at least came with a magazine subscription that my son actually reads. I felt like I was at least getting something for my money.

I probably shouldn't have stated it was work as much as I just don't think the offer is that good.

While I am here though I do have a question about Gamestop.com.

I know when I shop in store, they don't charge tax when I use the a gift card for 100% of the purchase. The same is not true when shopping on Gamestop.com though? I was actually going to break down and pre order Batman but paused when I saw that. When is it too late to preorder in store?

[quote name='fusion0fangels']

For the regular editions of AA, though, the $30 GC slightly outweighs Amazon + ECA.
Amazon (not putting the math up anymore): $42.70
TRU: $65.84 and $30 GC (so essentially $35.84 w/ your next purchase being at TRU)[/QUOTE]

You also need to factor in the next game...consider sales tax of 7%, no tax at amazon, and ECA discount, while purchasing Arkham Asylum and any new game...

Amazon: 53 (Arkham) + 60 (other new game) - 5.00 Arkham coupon - 11.3 (ECA) = 96.7

TRU: 60 (Arkham) + 60 (Other game) + 8 (tax) - 30 (Arkham GC) = 98.4

So, before you jump on the TRU offer, I'd recommend you run down what game you want to get with it to ensure that you do, in fact, get a deal.

[quote name='donburns99']The $5 off on Amazon is questionable, since to some the MP3 credit is pretty worthless.

The way I see it:
TRU: $64.19 (receive $30 giftcard for later)
Amazon: $47.69 (receive bonus comic book and 5 songs)

Toys R' Us seems to be the way to go for the standard edition.[/QUOTE]

???
5OFFARKM gives $5 off the price of arkham asylum on Amazon.

[quote name='Salamando3000']You also need to factor in the next game...consider sales tax of 7%, no tax at amazon, and ECA discount, while purchasing Arkham Asylum and any new game...

Amazon: 53 (Arkham) + 60 (other new game) - 5.00 Arkham coupon - 11.3 (ECA) = 96.7

So, before you jump on the TRU offer, I'd recommend you run down what game you want to get with it to ensure that you do, in fact, get a deal.[/QUOTE]

oryou could just buy another gift card with you the gift card you got. I always buy a subway gift card using my TRU gift card. I eat subway frequently so I either pay 5$ in cash at subway or 5$ in gc amount. Now that's a saving!

[quote name='Salamando3000']You also need to factor in the next game...consider sales tax of 7%, no tax at amazon, and ECA discount, while purchasing Arkham Asylum and any new game...

So, before you jump on the TRU offer, I'd recommend you run down what game you want to get with it to ensure that you do, in fact, get a deal.[/QUOTE]
For some reason I didn't read that you were posting that to me. Haha.

I already preordered the PS3 CE from amazon using the $5 off coupon and ECA. Release-date shipping for me means I don't have to deal with driving somewhere to pick it up, and as I calculated in a previous post it had cost about the same as TRU with the $30 GC. I'm also not obligated to purchase something else from TRU (although I could have just sold the $30 gift card, but who would buy a $30 GC for $30?)

[quote name='Vortextk']Which, for me personally, would involve a 98$ investment after tax, before gas(two trips), for two games(most likely sans any pre-order bonus).[/QUOTE]

Well for me at least I dont need to pay for gas, I love being in college unlimited bus rides, just show ID and hop on the bus or train. The only thing is waiting for either and the amount of time it spends.

@judgedee
oryou could just buy another gift card with you the gift card you got. I always buy a subway gift card using my TRU gift card. I eat subway frequently so I either pay 5$ in cash at subway or 5$ in gc amount. Now that's a saving!
WTF does Subway have anything to do with Toys R Us or Batman:AA?

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']@judgedee

WTF does Subway have anything to do with Toys R Us or Batman:AA?[/QUOTE]

He's saying you can make it so you don't have to go back to Toys R Us, by taking the $30 gift card you get with AA, and using it right then and there to buy a Subway gift card (they do sell them). Since he goes to Subway frequently, he'll spend that much there anyways, so it makes Batman cost him only $30 without the need for extra trips.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']CE is also $90, again deal if you dont have ECA, its $93 on amazon[/QUOTE]

Can someone explain what these acronyms are? I checked the CAGwiki and neither of them are in the list of acronyms..

Sorry, I'm new.

[quote name='The Ju1ce']Can someone explain what these acronyms are? I checked the CAGwiki and neither of them are in the list of acronyms..

Sorry, I'm new.[/QUOTE]

CE is Collector's Edition and ECA stands for the Entertainment Consumers Association. If you join up with them, you get 10% off all Amazon video game purchases

[quote name='lllGurulll']I don't like the idea of spending money to save money is all. The only reason I even bit on the Gamestop Edge card was it at least came with a magazine subscription that my son actually reads. I felt like I was at least getting something for my money.

I probably shouldn't have stated it was work as much as I just don't think the offer is that good.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. I was all for ECA until I found out you had to pay $20(yearly membership I think?). Maybe good for people that buy a lot of games, but I just didn't see justification.

[quote name='vilhaim']I'm with you. I was all for ECA until I found out you had to pay $20(yearly membership I think?). Maybe good for people that buy a lot of games, but I just didn't see justification.[/QUOTE]

How much is a lot, I wouldn't even consider someone "core", haha, if they only bought 4 games a year, those 4 if they're >$50 justify ECA.

I got my $15 from my student ECA for buying a TE stick. Plan on buying at least 4 more games so well well well worth it, for me only.

Yeah, definitely. The ECA pays for itself very quickly. I'm buying CODMW2PE and it toook $15 bucks off of that alone. If you buy more than 4 games a year, it's definitely worth it. Mine has paid for itself several times over.

[quote name='vilhaim']I'm with you. I was all for ECA until I found out you had to pay $20(yearly membership I think?). Maybe good for people that buy a lot of games, but I just didn't see justification.[/QUOTE]

15$ for a student/military address, which a lot of people have. It also takes the amount off the original price. Lightning deal for some game at 25$ that's normally 50? Eca takes off 5 still. Using a 50% code off on rockband beatles(what is that, like 200 or 250 normally?) eca still takes off 10%(so 60% total). Not to mention it's not like you're paying for some kind of rewards membership, you're paying for something you might care a little bit about as well as getting a very nice bonus at amazon.

bread's done
Back