Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY (PS3) - $29.90 @ gogamer.com

[quote name='CyberTrick']Interested, but does anyone know how much is shipping, and do they add tax? -Thanks[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I havent personally ordered from them...hopefully someone can provide some input...

I know they definitely charge shipping, a lot of people used that site last year for Madden cuz the site sold them before release date. Lol Madden-heads are nuts

[quote name='Jumpman 23']Tempted to jump on this, but hoping Amazon comes thru!!![/QUOTE]

I just e-mailed them about it...So we'll see.

[quote name='dugbrandon']How many GOTY are there in a given year? It at least certainly feel like there are more than one.[/QUOTE]

to package a GOTY sku, it's the publishers discretion, but as long as someone somewhere out there considered your game as GOTY, that's enough to go ahead with a goty version.

considering how many video game publications, magazines, and web sites, lots of games win someone's game of the year.

what's funny is uncharted 2 is arguably the most commonly thought of goty from 09, and it's unlikely it will get GOTY sku treatment.

batman is, mw2 surely will.

Thanks OP, I'm in for one. I was just about to do a Gamestop order, but this beats 25OFF by an additional $7.50 and I dont have to pay tax! :)

Thanks OP, was hoping for a good deal on this. Ordered one, total came to $35.42. Pretty nice for the GOTY edition.

Perhaps a stupid question: Is the 3d going to be a feature players can turn on and off? I have vision in only one eye, so I know I won't be able to see it anyway. But I'm worried that it may appear blurry to me.

[quote name='SDC']Perhaps a stupid question: Is the 3d going to be a feature players can turn on and off? I have vision in only one eye, so I know I won't be able to see it anyway. But I'm worried that it may appear blurry to me.[/QUOTE]

Fear not, Its completely optional. :)

[quote name='Kaijuboy']Fear not, Its completely optional. :)[/QUOTE]

Good to know. But I am still afraid..for the wave after wave of 3D games to come.

[quote name='silliemutafuka']Would TOTALLY love Amazon to price match this so I can use my $10 credit from SSF4. Thanks OP, I'll wait a bit for Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Can't see Amazon PMing GoGamer. Pre-Orders at Gamestop and Amazon are $20 higher at $49.99. Guess we'll see.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']I know they definitely charge shipping, a lot of people used that site last year for Madden cuz the site sold them before release date. Lol Madden-heads are nuts[/QUOTE]

From GoGamer- "Order now and we will ship it to you as soon as it is available" That pretty much tells me, no matter what day it is, they start shipping them out the day they get 'em.

[quote name='MrEKO73']From GoGamer- "Order now and we will ship it to you as soon as it is available" That pretty much tells me, no matter what day it is, they start shipping them out the day they get 'em.[/QUOTE]

And traditionally speaking, "goty" edition games arent street dated, so yeah, the minute they get their shipment, they can ship them. :)

Thanks OP!!! Picked up a copy. Luckily I didn't pull the trigger when Batman AA price dropped, but I never imagined I can get the GOTY edition for this price so soon!!

What is the GOTY suppose to have that the original didn't? I have the original on 360 and may consider picking up the GOTY for PS3. One of my favorite games.

[quote name='afredmiller']What is the GOTY suppose to have that the original didn't? I have the original on 360 and may consider picking up the GOTY for PS3. One of my favorite games.[/QUOTE]
What the guy above said, plus Joker who is awesome since you had the 360 version.

Thanks for the feedback. I have the game on 360 and loved the game. For that price, it is hard not to get it, though. You only get to play as the Joker in the challenge rooms don't you?

Gogamer is a great company. Sign up for their 48hr madness mail if you want. Sometimes they have mouth moistening deals and sometimes they kinda make you heave.

Uh oh, looks like I missed my chance to get it for that price. It says there was a problem when submitting, the item is not available for shipping, and to check back later.

[quote name='afredmiller']Thanks for the feedback. I have the game on 360 and loved the game. For that price, it is hard not to get it, though. You only get to play as the Joker in the challenge rooms don't you?[/QUOTE]Correct.
What's nice about him is that he isn't just a Batman character model swap.
He has his own style of fighting, and you use a completely different strategy with him. The comments and animations he makes while running around are hilarious as well.

[quote name='SDC']Good to know. But I am still afraid..for the wave after wave of 3D games to come.[/QUOTE]

Im afraid to because i think i will never be able to afford a 3d tv. Its not that i dont make money its just way more important things that need to get paid for first

[quote name='Dranakin']Anyone get a shipping confirmation yet?[/QUOTE]

No and the release date on gogamer now says May 13. Gamestop now has 5/18 and Amazon just says out of stock. Who knows when this will actually be available now.

[quote name='SDC']Good to know. But I am still afraid..for the wave after wave of 3D games to come.[/QUOTE]

There will always be people like you and I who won't play games in 3D. I refuse to let gimmicks get the best of me. Now, virtual reality is something I would like to see.

Anyone know if there is more content in this game or something? I'm thinking of playing it because there's another set of achievements with this game and I really want to play Batman: AA again.

[quote name='DarkRider23']There will always be people like you and I who won't play games in 3D. I refuse to let gimmicks get the best of me. Now, virtual reality is something I would like to see.

Anyone know if there is more content in this game or something? I'm thinking of playing it because there's another set of achievements with this game and I really want to play Batman: AA again.[/QUOTE]
There are four challenge maps which were free downloadable content that are included on the disc.
Insane Night Map Pack
-1.)Totally Insane
-2.)Nocturnal Hunter
Prey in the Darkness Map Pack
-1.)Heart of Darkness
-2.)Hothouse Prey

Also 8 free Challenge maps where you play as the Joker if you got the PS3 edition (which I assume you can still download with the PS3 GOTY edition, I don't believe it is on the disc)

The only other content is a challenge map which was exclusive to the collector's edition and challenge map which was a gamestop pre-order bonus. Both of them are based on areas of the game while under the influence of Scarecrow's toxin.

Crime Alley (coll. Ed.) which looks like it would play really similar to Sewer Bat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYKTfoiF3FY

and Scarecrow's nightmare (gamestop pre-order) where you have to last as long as possible without getting hit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHYS9kxqUy4

Really anemic for a Game of the Year edition so unless you are SUPER jazzed to play the game in 3D with red/green cardboard glasses there is little reason to buy the GOTY edition, even if purchasing the game for the first time.

Only review I could find on the GOTY edition so far is this http://spong.com/feature/10110086/Review-Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Game-of-the-Year-Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ijag233']No and the release date on gogamer now says May 13. Gamestop now has 5/18 and Amazon just says out of stock. Who knows when this will actually be available now.[/QUOTE]

Oh, shame. Well, I guess my backlog will have to suffice.

Changed to:
Availability: Ships within 24 hours

GS also says: Usually Ships In 24 Hours
Anyone get a shipping notice for their pre-order then?

Has anyone else not received this yet? They sent me tracking info on the 14th that still has not moved past the "electronically notified" stage. Gettin a little worried.

bread's done
Back