Batman: Arkham Asylum pre-order bonuses comparison and guide

Nebenator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Having trouble choosing which version and store to get Batman: Arkham Asylum? Use this thread for refference!

Stores:

• Amazon: $12 cheaper with 5OFFARKM code and Amazons lower price, bonus Comic Book

• Best Buy: $10 gift card, Batman DVD Pack

• Buynextgen.com: $43.95

• Gamestop: Bonus Scarecrow map (25% off any pre-owned games with pre-order, and additional Edge Card Discount is available, too)

• Gamecrazy: Joker T-Shirt

• Toys R Us: $20 gift card, $30 gift card if you are a Rewards R Us member (join here)

• Walmart: In-game armor (already unlockable if you complete the game)
Versions:

• Xbox 360: No bonuses

• PS3: Bonus Joker round

• Collectors Edition (for Xbox 360 and PS3): Previous bonuses + 14" In-Game Design Batarang, 50 page full color character encyclopedia, behind the scenes 5 chapter series DVD, Exclusive Collector’s Edition Challenge Map DLC
Conclusion:

• For stores it depends on if you prefer a comic and discount, a bonus map, or an even higher discount but no bonuses

• For versions it depends obviously on your controller and gamerscore/trophy preferences, and the extra round

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Xerxes']The only glitch in my plan is TRU saying they aren't having the sale in October.[/QUOTE]
what were going to get? i'm surprised the giftcard is october, previously it was only a month, now its two.

for the people looking for the dvd at bestbuy. From my local bestbuy one of the guys in black polo best buy shirts (i assume the its a manager) says another batch of dvds might come in on friday. So i would check again friday to get the full bestbuy deal.

[quote name='triforcer']what were going to get? i'm surprised the giftcard is october, previously it was only a month, now its two.[/QUOTE]
Probably two filler games and trade them from Assassin's Creed 2 and Modern Combat 2. Uncharted should come out the week of the sale.

[quote name='Xerxes']Probably two filler games and trade them from Assassin's Creed 2 and Modern Combat 2. Uncharted should come out the week of the sale
cagus.smile.jpg
.[/QUOTE]
There a release date for Uncharted?

Did everyone else get the comic from amazon? Mine didn't come with one. I haven't opened it though so maybe it's a mini pack-in deal

[quote name='DtotheP']Did everyone else get the comic from amazon? Mine didn't come with one. I haven't opened it though so maybe it's a mini pack-in deal[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zimmy']It's inside the case, behind the game manual.[/QUOTE]

Aye, not to mention you might miss it seeing as it's almost the same size, if not smaller, than the manual.

In other words, it's not even a "true" comic book.

For other people who ordered free shipping, check your tracked package. Mine just went into "arrival scan", so they're probably shipping them off today or tommorow

Maybe what you guys can do if you don't want to use the TRU gift card before 10/31 is to have the balace transfered to another TRU gc you buy/have and say that you just want one card with one balance. Should be easy that way. I've done that before.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Aye, not to mention you might miss it seeing as it's almost the same size, if not smaller, than the manual.

In other words, it's not even a "true" comic book.[/QUOTE]
Nope It's a little smaller than half the size of the manual and maybe only 8-12 pages long. It's a alright bonus to have, but it isn't ever going to be worth much of anything.

bread's done
Back